It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeGrassi Junior High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just bought the boxset today. It's totally radical! Season one. It also has some other crap on the DVDs "Printable Materials for Educators" adobe file.

In the Teacher's guide.
What crap it is! it's glorious! Having students act out senerios for the most politically correct response.
Actual lesson from the discussion:

2. Stop the video after Voula removes the lipstick from her mouth and immediately after her father says, “Now what was it you were going to tell me?” Ask students to discuss what is going through Voula’s mind after this exchange. What do they think Voula should say to her father? Why? What do they think she will say? Why is Voula’s father behaving the way he is?
Where do his value system and code of behavior come from? Where do Voula’s come from? Is it fair for a parent to make a decision that is different from other parents? What advice would students give to Voula and her father on ways to better understand and appreciate each other’s point of view?

Anyone here have any rants or raves about DeGrassi?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Having no kids, I don't normally watch it. But have on occassion. For our young adults I think it is a great show. It deals with so many issues without turning it into an after school special

join