It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money or Love??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
okay answer this one question.
would you rather be:

rich and unhappy
or
poor and happy.

i would be poor and happy!

oni x x

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Money does make you think that you are eternal: "So what Im not happy. At least I can do whatever I want... FOREVER".

To answer the question:

Best thing is NOT to die at all.

Not possible, you say ?

True LOVE makes it possible.

Eternity is simply a playground for lovers.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Put this question to my wife. Her answer was the money was definitely a stabilising factor in the relationship. Most couples argue over money (or the lack of it). The basic conditions of stability must exist in order for love to flourish (or survive). I've seen couple break up because of one too many arguments lack of money. "In sickness or in health" and "Till death do us part" is much harder without money.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dixon ,

some of us make fun of this "till death do us part." We add..."or the payments run out...which ever comes first."

Money ..improperly used or in some cases misused is not a stabilizing factor at all..it is destabilizing. I personally know people who make good moneys and spend more than both of them make and are looking for more.
This is not stability.

The problem I have with many women is a sense of entitlement through marriage to the point where many take so much for granted as a "given" especially the "security blanket." You never have to hit the concrete it is someone elses responsibility to move the safety net. You are not accountable. Raise the bar and get the guy to work more. After all...he's getting your body once in a while...what else could he possibly want.
Are all women like this...no ..but it is popular among many and it is a sense of entitlement in a multitasking world.
I do not approve of this conduct among men either..it makes them no different than the women who do this...entitlement religion. I have seen this too.

Once again ..money is not stability if improperly used or misused. Many decieve themselves by a sense of entitlement to thinking it is stability. It is not.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
both can burn at the end of the day, so it depends on you as a person. Go with your heart..(dont mean to sound corney)

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Orangetom,

I could not agree more that behaviour can get skewed if too much emphasis is placed on ANY aspect of life as a couple. However, the point that I was trying to make is that some basic standards/levels need to be maintained in order for a couple to live happily. Try going through a "normal" life worrying each and every week where the next meal for the kids or mortgage is coming from or receiving letters of demand from various creditors. It makes the other half worry like hell and believe me, arguments, massive arguments do break a relationship and kill love.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Going with your heart is often a cliche for entitlement. Go with some common sense..dont ignore your heart but dont let it take you over to the point that common sense goes ou the window and switches to a sense of entitlement based on your "heart.

Going with ones heart is so overated and leads often to drama queens.

yes Dixon ..I understand what you are getting at ...but still stand by what I said...all things in the right proportions/perspective. Self diciplines not entitlements...on money or any other topic.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi all! How 'bout a little newbie perspective here:

Hmmm...Let's seeee..... Love or Money?

My answer: Yes!!!

Where is it written that we can't have both, OR have to chose
one over the other?

I learned this from a very wise man, who was all of 4 years old. When he
was asked which he would rather have on his chicken nuggets - the honey
mustard or ketchup - he shooked his head excitedly up-n-down and said
"Uh Huh!!"; meaning he wanted both!

I tell ya' that was definitely a "lightbulb moment" for me!!

I think folk tend to limit themselves when choosing one option over
the other! Consider the possibilities!

[edit on 10/20/2005 by WalksThroughTime]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
you call that a newbie perspective.

Im thinking public education got to you walks through time.

My thinking would be ..are you entitled to both..and who is responsible for delivering them to you ..one or both??? And I am not talking about children here.

Last time I checked it takes two to tango here...Two...2...plural..more than one. Not a sense of entitlement.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
you call that a newbie perspective.

Im thinking public education got to you walks through time.

LOL!!! That's too funny!!! Thanks, Orangetom, I needed a good laugh!!
You're just too precious for words, even when you try to be insulting.

My thinking would be ..are you entitled to both..and who is responsible for delivering them to you ..one or both??? And I am not talking about children here.

Sorry, Luv, I didn't make myself clear: When I wrote my post, I was
thinking about two people who had mutual love for each other, AND! each
person had their OWN money and financially well off. Therefore, each
person would be bringing "something to the table", so to speak, and not
have to depend on the other financially.

Last time I checked it takes two to tango here...Two...2...plural..more than one. Not a sense of entitlement.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Yikes! LOL! No need to get yer knickers in a twist, sweetie... I wasn't
thinking about "entitlement' when I wrote my post. (see above statements).

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Money and material wealth can never truly fulfill a person, only love can!

To settle for a partner because of money over love is to sell yourself short, and you will never be truly satisfied.

I know a woman who settled for wealth over love, and she kids herself that she is happy by collecting jewelery, but really she is very unhappy and she is just trying to fill a void.

I know some famous rich people and they are actually desperately unhappy. They constantly seek fame not for money, but because they so desperately want people to love them. That's what motivates a lot of famous people. Imagine being that desperate to try and get people to love you. Isn't that sad?

Far better to be a normal person that has found true love, than a wealthy person who never will.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've been married for close to 17 years, and I can tell you one thing, if it wasn't completely motivated by love, it would not have lasted 1/17 this long.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join