It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Democrats in Trouble with the IRS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The Florida Democratic Party has been slapped with a lien by the Internal Revenue Service for failing to pay payroll and Social Security taxes in 2003.

Meanwhile, the state party's budget and finance committee voted Tuesday to ask for a new audit to account for more than $900,000 it believes somehow disappeared from the books during 2003-2004.

Scott Maddox, who led the party during that time, is now seeking the Democratic nomination for governor. His campaign strategist said Tuesday that he would accept responsibility for any errors made by his staff or the auditing firm.

Source: Washington Post

National party bailing out Florida Democrats

Florida Democratic Party chairman Karen Thurman drew about $100,000 from the national party Wednesday to erase an IRS levy, and she said she's confident she can quickly resolve the problem.

Source: Tallahassee Democrat

Hmm, this is interesting...looks like they may have spent money in Florida they didn't have last election cycle.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
War didn't end Slavery, it still exists. In AMerica it didn't end it, the Emancipation Proclamation(sp?) didn't do anything either. It freed slaves in the CSA, which didn't follow USA laws. Like banning the metric system in Canada, won't do anything unless America attacks and takes it over.

Communism still exists and is going strong. More commies then democracies..... 1.2 billion alone in CHina, not to mention NK, Vietnam, and Cuba. So war didn't end it.

Facism still exists, war didn't end it. We stopped Germany and Japan from taking over the world, but facism still exists.

And again, the number 4 supporter of the GOP is the Nazis! Neo Nazis, but still Nazis! So Nazism wasn't stopped by war, still exists.

So DJ, if I had a avatar that said "All republicans are smart", I bet you would have a problem with that bold face lie, so your avatar with a bold face lie upsets me. War has solved one thing, war.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
James responded to your avatar. I will respond to your post...

Florida Democrats having to turn to the DNC for help. That is funny! Considering how far behind "Scream" Dean and the DNC, is running behind the Republicans on fundraising.

I love your avatar and it does make its point. Very 1st sign of Protest Warrior. Great website!

www.protestwarrior.com...

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Carseller4]

join