It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weird, funny stuff does your pet do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My cat absolutely loves my stinky, smelly sneakers. As far as he's concerned, the stinkier, the better. No foot stench is withering enough for my crazy cat.

When I come back home, he will come pouncing over, tail high in the air, eyes wide and ears pricked. But not to greet me...no. As soon as I take my shoes off, he jumps on them and starts sniffing them, rolling all over them, and flipping about making weird "rowwrrowrrrowwr" noises like my foot funk is the best thing since he last got it on with the neighbourhood feline hussies. And if it's a hot day out and I've been on my feet all day, as soon as he smells that stench, which to be honest would knock out a sumo wrestler wearing three gas masks, he will go absolutely bananas, hugging one shoe with his arms and claws and physically flipping it over on top of him in the free-spirited abandonment of shoe-love.

But that's not all, once he's satisfied and has expended all his energy, he will flop on top of one shoe and put his whole cat face inside it, lying there motionless, soaking up the stench by direct nostril injection. If you call his name a couple of times, he will pull his head out and give you a drugged, contented, droopy-eyed look, then thrust his head back into the shoe, sometimes staying like that for a good 10 minutes.

This is all good and well, I mean hey, whatever floats your boat, my horny little cat buddy. But I'm concerned for the shoes. I mean, is this a consensual thing? Do the shoes have any choice in this act of feline foot-fetish friskiness? And what if one of them gets pregnant? Will I have to give it a break and walk around with only one shoe on for 6 weeks because my randy cat knocked the other one up? Will I then have a litter of white, furry slippers running around the house, mewing and climbing the curtains?

*Sigh...*

So what weird stuff does your pet do?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I used to have a cat who figured out how to stretch right up to use the door knocker. The neighbours thought it was quite funny to see him knocking to get in. I didn't find it quite so funny when he used to wake me up in the early hours of the morning when his night shift was over though :shk:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I didn't find it quite so funny when he used to wake me up in the early hours of the morning when his night shift was over though :shk:

I hope your kitty didn't look anything like the one in your av, in which case I would let it do whatever the hell it wanted to.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It will take something very strange indeed to beat the weirdness of your randy little feet sniffing cat, wecomeinpeace! lol.

I guess the strangest thing my cat does is when he tries to communicate with me. Originally it would just be a meaow for attention, but he has developed somewhat of a vocabulary. Now there are differing tones in his voice, short and extended meaows. Also, he always consults me in cat language before doing almost anything, such as jumping up to sit on me, or to ask me to open the door, etc. He also tries to use my hand as a cushion anytime he is sitting on me.
Thats about it though, my cat is pretty lazy! Food and sleep, that floats his boat.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My dogs love the smelly shoes (and socks...).

One of my dogs loves to watch tv...she also bounces like Tigger when she's happy and ACTUALLY smiles... It's the funniest thing...

Another dog enjoys licking the eyes of the other dogs...don't know why she does this, but she does it often.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My late grey tabby of 14 years loved winter. While shoveling snow he would allways come out (he had a cat door) and wait around til I was ready to playwith him. Then I would toss a small snowball (about as big as a gold ball or tennis ball) above his head and he would bat it out of the air, often disinitigrating

During the summer whenever we did some lawn work we would allways make sure to drug up our cat with some fresh catnip. You call out his name and there would be a grey streak as he came to his perch.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
First up, I have two dogs, 4 cats, and a couple of parakeets.

My beagle does the strangest thing though:

Every time we bring him to the movies he just wont stop howling. Its crazy! You should see all the nasty looks we get. Then at the end of the movie, my dog gets up and says "you guys keep it down!" Like me and wife were howling. Its NUTS!!

Just funnin' guys, he really doesnt talk

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My first dog was a German Shepperd and he used to "sing" with me.

My Black cat, Noir, used to hide under the bed and jump at your legs. That was really as funny as it was painfull and scary...lol

My present dog, Chance, will tunr his but to my face exactly when he is about to break wind... its disgusting but he wont stop doing it. Than everytime he sees a moth on the wall he jumps at it and swallows the damn things, lol...he also argues with me everytime i say NO to something....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Had a Black Cat named Nightmare. He had 6 full toes/claws on each paw. He would sit on top of a tall bookshelf next to the front door and when someone would come in, he would attempt to jump and balance on the top of that persons head.

I have no idea why he did this. It wasn't some kind of attack thing as he never used claws while doing this. I was about the only person that would actually allow him to sit there, but once he was situated and balanced, I could pretty much walk around with him like that, as long as I didn't move my head too much.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
One of my cats loves the shoes too. She outgrew the head down my fathers boot when he retired though. Now anytime we bring in a box, she HAS to be on it or in it. She's a 20 pound cat, and has tried to get into a 12 pack box from soda after it's empty.

Both of my cats like to sleep flat on their backs with their paws sticking up in the air.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My beautiful black pit bull 'Baby' feels the need, with her big self, to drape herself over my shoulders as I sit, and to groom my head.

If I'm wearing a hat, she will steal it from my head.

She's a little monster.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Whenever I get home from a long day of hard work, my dog says "HELLO" in a ScoobyDoo voice. I am not joking.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My doberman walks round with one of the cats casually hanging out of his mouth, he never hurts the cat and she seems to love it....she will pester him until he picks her up!

one of the other cats will follow me round the garden like a dog until i pick him up and drape him round my neck like a scarf.....then he just snoozes....not a care in the world!

animals are funny.

regards..good thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
My doberman walks round with one of the cats casually hanging out of his mouth, he never hurts the cat and she seems to love it....she will pester him until he picks her up!

Awww, that's very cute. Reminds me of a tabby and a golden retriever we used to have. They were great friends. The retriever had a fluffy chest that the cat used to love to kneed with his paws. She would follow the dog around until he sat still and then stand up on her back legs kneading away and purring like a V8. You could see the dog almost rolling his eyes in tolerant exasperation.

We also used to have a great Dane that was as dumb as a box of dirt. We gave him an old mattress to lie on. One day while we were away, he (outside the house) spotted the mattress through the window (inside the house) and decided he wanted to lie on it. He head-butted the window until the glass broke and then forced his way through the shards. We came home to discover him happily resting on a blood-soaked mattress after having torn his leg to shreds on the glass. We bandaged him up and took him, still happy as Larry, to the vet. Thankfully he lived, otherwise he would have been able to enter the Darwinian Awards for animals.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Whenever I get home from a long day of hard work, my dog says "HELLO" in a ScoobyDoo voice. I am not joking.

When I feed the little monster (BABY), she stands on her hinde legs and sez "AhhRooooooooo!" Once. And only once.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My kitty Bandit, loves the camera! I think it may be the flash but every time he sees a flash of light opens up him mouth in excitment lol

heres a pic of him doing so,

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That's too funny!

I get a big kick out of my lil' kitty - watching her chase the dog through the house. They're a hoot.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
My cat absolutely loves my stinky, smelly sneakers. As far as he's concerned, the stinkier, the better. No foot stench is withering enough for my crazy cat.

?

I have been seeing more and more of this weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I get a big kick out of my lil' kitty - watching her chase the dog through the house. They're a hoot.

How could you kick the kitty!

only joking

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

How could you kick the kitty!

only joking

Watch it, old boy! I'll sick that cat on you.

Even the pit bull won't go there!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join