It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Your Animals Acting Strangly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Your cooperation is requested in reporting any out of the ordinary behaviour of the aminals in your vicinity.

I am starting this thread in an attempt to log strange animal activity in correlation to seismic phenomena.

The behaviour I am speak of would include, as an example, your horse jumping the fence and hiding under your bed, conversely your cat licking his tail from the left instead of the right would probably not count.

I realize that any correlation will be made after the fact but none-the-less it will make for an interesting study. On the other hand we might get lucky and get a report just before an earthquake. Wouldn't that be grand.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by palg1]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can't say my animals have been acting weirdly.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My freakin' bird was really loud and obnoxious while I was trying to sleep this morning, does that count? Normally, if he wants me to wake up and hang out with him, he breaks out of his cage, flys right to my sleeping face and starts singing (screech is the only term I can think of for this morning) while preening my hair.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, I'm at my sons house, and he has two cats. They are both acting very weird(far as I can tell). One was hiding for 3 days, the other one ran off and came back 5 days later...I took it personally
I thought they didnt like me.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
I can't say my animals have been acting weirdly.

Alias,

Thanks but why not just report the stange stuff, otherwise this post will be full in no time.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My freakin' bird was really loud and obnoxious while I was trying to sleep this morning, does that count? Normally, if he wants me to wake up and hang out with him, he breaks out of his cage, flys right to my sleeping face and starts singing (screech is the only term I can think of for this morning) while preening my hair.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, I'm at my sons house, and he has two cats. They are both acting very weird(far as I can tell). One was hiding for 3 days, the other one ran off and came back 5 days later...I took it personally
I thought they didnt like me.

So far we have a bird freaking out in Chicago, and two anti-social cats in Cape Cod. A good start. Who knows, maybe the Lake Ontario Fault is going to act up.....

Keep it up folks, maybe we'll get us a quake that matches.

Bye for now.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
my cat is goin crazy at the moment...running around like she is being chased by something..the neighbours think it`s really funny..could be the heat tho???

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heratix
my cat is goin crazy at the moment...running around like she is being chased by something..the neighbours think it`s really funny..could be the heat tho???

Couldn't have anything to do with the bucket of catnip you just fed her, though. Of course not.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Curled up and sleeping on the floor next to me as I type this. This is unusual. She usually chews on one of her toys when I am here.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yes, my 2 cats have been very nervous the past week or so.

They seem to jump at the slightest noise and they are walking around with their ears pinned back, it's like they hear something?

It's very uncommon for these two to ack like this.

I live in Southwestern Illinois and we have had several minor eathquakes over the past week, so my thinking is that they sense something.

I good site to visit on this suff is

www.timebomb2000.com...

they talk about this kind of stuff all the time.

TPL

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My cats, in the UK, don't seem to want to go out lately, when usually in the good weather their out most of the day.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My cat Alice normally is pretty quiet. lately hes been screaming alot, which is rare. Right before we had the west coast Tsunami scare, I do remember the cats trying to jump out the windows, getting pushy and doing irrational things like throwing themselves against doors. This is a common observable activity before an earthquake, as the animals will be behaving like they want to escape.

My cats still wont shut up.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My cat Alice normally is pretty quiet. lately hes been screaming alot, which is rare. Right before we had the west coast Tsunami scare, I do remember the cats trying to jump out the windows, getting pushy and doing irrational things like throwing themselves against doors. This is a common observable activity before an earthquake, as the animals will be behaving like they want to escape.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Hehe Yeah, judging by that avatar of yours, your cats are pretty quiet and complacent

What's with all the cat owners on here? Doesn't anyone have a bird, dog, or lizard? What about a cow?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My dogs seem normal, but I live on a large acreage with lots of wildlife, and I have been noticing the birds singing in the midst of a thunderstorm and coming to my window singing late at night?
I am from the country, so I 'know' this is not normal wildlife behavior, and an owl has made a nest in an unused chimney, which I find wonderful if it is a bit odd.She flies out every night when the sun is going down...

top topics

join