It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impress Your Friends And Family, Especially The Computer Dorks!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I thought we couldn't quote entire articles because of copyright issues...How is this site able to legally do this?

Looks legit to me.....everyone and everything is properly cited and it's clear that it's a linked news feed......

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

What the?... I recognise all those names of people posting on that glory to glory site.

I thought we couldn't quote entire articles because of copyright issues...How is this site able to legally do this?

I think they are just pulling RSS headers and including the articles when they are pulled from ATSNN.

I'll check if they have ATSNN quoted as the source of the articles, because if they aren't, your correct and they violated the agreement on using the RSS feeds.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The ATS presence on Google is really quite amazing. Google is currently indexing over 207,000 pages here, which is vastly more than pretty much any other conspiracy website.

I've often been surprised when I'll send an image I uploaded here to someone, and it turns out they know the place, and stop by to read a few things every day or so. It's a big world out there, and we're here to match.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

ATSNN News Feed All Current News

Description:
Above Top Secret News Network from AboveTopSecret.com: All Current
News

Last update:
1 hour 42 min 57 sec ago

So they clearly show that it's from ATS.

Anyone on ATS that also posts on Glory To Glory, drop a post in here and shed some more light on this if you can.

It seems a strange place for ATSNN to show up on the web.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
My google results were benign, being that my name is such a common term, but I must say I was amused at the sponsored results.

Relentless
Products and information about Relentless.
eBay.com

Find Relentless
We have what you're looking for. Relentless & much more!
www.eWoss.com

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm not trying to stab at this posts' author, I just find this not amazing at all.

Google is a search engine, it is doing what it is supposed to do. All search results are relevant to the search term and perameters used.

I'm pretty good at coming up with analogies, but can not pull one up for the irrelevancy of any impression.

Perhaps I'm more of a geek than the ones initially mentioned, as this is pretty trivial.

To pre-derail any replies of "then why did you read this and post" .............. it's a forum, that's what's done.

Again, please, not stabbing the author, just my thoughts of the matter.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Misfit: Just an explanation of the awe inspired by this. I've searched for Junglejake on multiple occasions in the past and that cleaning product was always number one. None of my ATS submissions ever appeared on the list, at least not the first page. This latest time, though, I got quite a few hits on that first page. That, in combination with Skeptic Overlord telling us they're working on increasing the number of google hits ATS gets, is blatant evidence that what SO's doin' is working!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Misfit: Just an explanation of the awe inspired by this. I've searched for Junglejake

[snip for brevity]

Ya, I see what you are saying, and again it resorts to relevancy (in my perspective).

Using different perameters, such as taking out ats, or abovetopsecret, or products, or cleaning, etc, the results are, naturally, vastly varied.

However, logic dictates that, being this is the second page of this thread and I am the only one not seeing it - then I'm just not seeing it. I mean, I really REALLY do need glasses after all

Thanx for your input

Misfit

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
LOL cool find. My name has mostly hits about my old band i was in. (we toured germany and such) but the rest are my ATS posts.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thats cool, if you leave the underscore in my name theres 3 pages of ATS results,if you take it out you get stuff about places in Japan and Emperor Komei, if you do an image search with the underscore in my name you get a futuristic car picture.

[edit on 6/23/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Thats cool, if you leave the undercore in my nametheres 3 paes ofAT reults,if youe it out you get stuff abou place in Japan and Emperor Komei, if you do a nimage search with the underscore in my name you get a futury car picture.

iori, are you drunk? Just asking because your posts usually are a lot more elequoent and without as many typos, and I know I type like that when I'm...not right.
No offense intended

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It would be really cool if everyone said how they came up with thier name.
I just to the R in Rayden from Mortal Kombat 1 and changed it to X. I used to put that in the high score rankings in the arcade.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here you go, Xayden.......

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Enjoy.......

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ahhh! Thanks MemoryShock. I guess I should have used the seach feature before i opend my mouth. Doh!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Mine does not work that way unless you, Lysergic ATS it.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Mine does not work that way unless you, Lysergic ATS it.

Same with me only 9890 ATS. That makes me sad

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Nah, I'm not trashed Jake, I was to far away from my wireless keyboards signal port, so some stuff was lost along the way.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Nah, I'm not trashed Jake, I was to far away from my wireless keyboards signal port, so some stuff was lost along the way.

Ahh, ok. I type like that when that happens to me, too. Just would have been funnier if you were drunk

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The reason I use the user name showed up on the first page, but other than that, 87 pages of nothing. I guess I should stay in more.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Just would have been funnier if you were drunk

I suppose it would be, but I'm little mr. perfect I dont drink or do drugs or et al.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join