It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impress Your Friends And Family, Especially The Computer Dorks!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm one of those computer dorks, and when I discovered this, I dun got all excited, ran over to my bosses cube and showed him. He thought it was really cool, as did all the friends and family I called to tell them about it.

ATS is getting way up there on the Google lists. Yesterday I was searching for my namesake's website (Jungle Jake cleaning products) and did a search, like I usually do looking for that site, for junglejake. My posts here on ATS were the top 5 hits on Google! I searched for a few other ATS users, and with the exception of intrepid and Thomas Crowne, all of them had almost the entire first page of results being their ATS posts.

All of my dork friends were pretty darn impressed. The others I couldn't tell if they were just pacifying my ego or really thought it was neat, but the dorks, it sounds like they're going to be here soon to get their names on google

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Holy Hanna, I have 3 whole pages dedicated to my postings here.
Who would have thought

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All my results are me except for a couple.... one at soem furnation website (someone stole my name) and some comptuer accesory (sp?) is a cpr12r

[edit on 22-6-2005 by cpr12r]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i was the second to the top of the list. But I only had three items related to me. The rest were about the show.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Funny my name only returns posts I have made at various websites.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My google results are mixed, but I guess its because Wizard is a popular word, and my name is made up of two words

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Try my name :p
Damn dumbass movie hijacked my name from being displayed as an ATS member :'( Only on Page 3 will you find a reference to ATS

Even other sites I've been on over the last decade and more aren't displayed first with my name.
Its always that damn movie first, eventhough I've had this nickname from day 1 I went online, wich was still in the BBS era.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
my name "spyrolot" has been on google for ages, i have many pages, if u do the ommitted search thing, i have over 30 pages, loads of different forums you see

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yep, noticed this awhile ago...
It is a great way to research people that you think might be joksters/hoaxsters... or disinfo agents...

but add the words that associate our president with it, and see that every comment that you have ever made in regards to our dear sweet honorable leader show up also...
kinda reduces the amount of leg work for the watchers... don't ya think?

that is the glory of RATS...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
but add the words that associate our president with it, and see that every comment that you have ever made in regards to our dear sweet honorable leader show up also...
kinda reduces the amount of leg work for the watchers... don't ya think?

that is the glory of RATS...

I don't follow what you're trying to say...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My google search starts with beauty products then has internet providers and last, but not least witchcraft...and that's just page #1

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
JJ... just saying that ATS google search is great... but it also has it's drawbacks...

if the government ever wanted to compile a list of Internet users who were critical of the US administration... it would be easy to do...

or for instance... K@rl R0ve is a good example... the man has been quoted as saying he will go after his internet critics and make them pay...
so don't use his name in a post critical of him... just to be on the safeside...

many times ATS users don't think about the fact the words they say online will follow them forever...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
or for instance... K@rl R0ve is a good example... the man has been quoted as saying he will go after his internet critics and make them pay...
so don't use his name in a post critical of him... just to be on the safeside...

You're going to have to give that claim some substance with some sources.
Not gonna take that one on faith

many times ATS users don't think about the fact the words they say online will follow them forever...

When I was calling my friends, I had said that it was a little scary that stuff I say on here people who know my general use username (many do, it's also my email addy) could find all the things I say. My statement was that if I ever started living and saying things differently on here than I do in real life, I may run into some problems. Thankfully, I'm the same person online as I am offline (a little more arguementative online, tho
), so I don't have anything to worry about.

Also, if I were thrown into prison for my opinions, so be it. My most cherished right here in the US would be that which is contained in the first ammendment. If practicing that right will land me in jail some day in the future, so be it. Part of me already suspects that'll be my future for my faith if things continue to proceed down the road they have been and if Revelations is to be believed as a future prohpesy and not pertaining to the days of Nero.

EDIT: Blew the quotes

[edit on 6-22-2005 by junglejake]

EDIT2: Twice...

[edit on 6-22-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey i'm famous, wonder when i get to date movie stars and models? (just kiddin' baby)

I was the 3rd entry on page one for my ATSNN contributions

and the 4th entry on page two for the ATS Boinc team(s).

Didn't dig any deeper than that but still pretty cool.

(edit)My friends would definately think i'm a dork if i tried to brag about this tho. Not exactly an ATS-type crowd.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by Rren]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
??? There is a saint named James the Lesser? Damn idiot got the top 6 spots, I didn't get there until my ATSNN News Contribution.

Must find this saint and eradicate him from history using my time device.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Must find this saint and eradicate him from history using my time device.

It was people trying to do that that gave him Saint status in the first place! "If you kill me it will only make me stronger!"

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Haha, pointless kinda but cool. I don't really know if the tons of ATS posts will impress your friends and family but you got the computer dorks part right. Mine returns 2 pages of posts that i've made on a few websites over the years. Neat!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Check out this site....

glorytoglory.info...

Turns out another site cherry picks ATSNN for their material!!!!!

Funny to see my name on a site I didn't even know existed, much less wouldn't affiliate myself with intentionally!!!

BTW......I rule the google search results for "MemoryShock".......I think page 2 turns up a song title......

My name appears at the bottom of this site as well........a linked ATSNN article....it's a foriegn site....ATSNN gets props all over the place......
www.proz.com...

[edit on 22-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What the?... I recognise all those names of people posting on that glory to glory site.

I thought we couldn't quote entire articles because of copyright issues...How is this site able to legally do this?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join