It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixty Taleban Fighters Killed In Afghanistan (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
US and Afghan forces have killed 60 Taleban fighters during an 11 hour gun battle in Daychopan, a district in the Zabul province. Sources are saying that it is not clear wether the crashed US U-2 spy plane was involved in the fighting. Violence in Afghanistan has risen sharply over the last few months with many attacks being blamed on the Taleban.

news.bbc.co.uk
Afghan police commander Gen Salim Khan said eight Afghan security force members had died in the Zabul clashes. The US military said five US soldiers had been wounded.

It is not clear whether the crash of a U-2 spy plane on Tuesday was connected with the clashes in Zabul province.

The fighting began after Afghan and coalition forces were attacked by rebels with small arms and rocket-propelled grenades on Tuesday, according to the US military statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems very likely that the U-2 spy plane that crashed was operating in Afghanistan.

How much longer will these Taleban forces continue to fight?

If they dont give up soon our forces are going to be stuck in Afghanistan for a long time yet!

[edit on 22/6/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In terms of the final question of this posting, as to the duration of the fighting, I must point the reader(s) to a history of Muslim expansion since the 7th Century.
I have forced myself to read up on this in recent weeks and it is frighteningly apparent it will never end. We are merely their current opponent, and the documents indicate they are a particularly nasty bunch.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

In terms of the final question of this posting, as to the duration of the fighting, I must point the reader(s) to a history of Muslim expansion since the 7th Century.
I have forced myself to read up on this in recent weeks and it is frighteningly apparent it will never end. We are merely their current opponent, and the documents indicate they are a particularly nasty bunch.

Very true.

When they are done fighting the west (if ever) they'll just find somebody else to fight, and if they cant do that they'll go back to fighting each other!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They will never give up!

We in the West accept that some people are different, but those in the East believe that everyone other than them are evil!

They'll never stop fighting!

new topics

top topics

join