It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDPS ... Texas State Troopers ... (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
State Patrol here in Texas has been out of control for a while. They just pulled me over the other day and gave me three tickets. One for not having my Adress on my license changed, which in texas I am allowed to have my parents adress on my license untill I am 25. The second citation he gave me was for not having a current Registration sticker on my car. He ran the registration and found that it had been registered but just hadn't been put on b/c I was in my g/f's car and she lost it. We now no longer have the car because she was getting rid of it. What do these police officers really do, and do we need them to make us SAFER ??? Or could the money be spent some where else to be better COST EFFECTIVE !!!

I have recieved that U2U 's saying that I am biased towards state troopers you guys are taking all of this FACTUAL information that I have given you and coming up with your own opinions and then telling me that I am biased. My best friends brother is a State Trooper and a heck of one at that he stooped my Brother-n-Law from getting killed when the police in the town I grew up wouldn't even come out to where the fight was going on at. There is a HUGE need for State Patrol but, maybe we need to be better aware of whom we are letting behind the wheels of these cars.

www.lufkindailynews.com
FORT WORTH — A teen who ran across a highway carrying a skateboard was struck and killed by a state trooper.

The teen, whose name had not yet been released, was taken by helicopter Tuesday morning to a Fort Worth hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I thought Pedestrians have the right of way ? If it was a pedestrian that hit that kid, everyone in the world would have already heard this. Not only have they (State Troopers), killed a KID in the last couple of DAYS. But they also TOTALED out a State Patrol car, that is one heck of a way to spend about 50k in equiptment from tax payers. Just for the simple fact that he tried to pass someone going over 100 mph in a Non-Passing lane then swerved so he wouldn't hit the on coming traffic and lost contorl of his vehicle and went off teh road into some woods. That is not the only time that this has happend, although it is the only time that I have heard the news around here get any information on the situation. I am an insurance agent here so I here alot of car situations that are close calls. I have heard at least 4 to 5 people come in my office telling me that they had seen a patrol car coming up extremely fast behind them and they would swerve off of the road thinking that they were getting pulled over. But when they would get out of the way the patrol car would zoom past them on a two lane highway almost taking them out.Bringing them to a complete stop because of the closness of the patrol car to thiers. They are almost dodging them as if they have no reluctance for the Pedestrian the person that they are suppose to be Protecting in the FIRST PERSON !!! If anyone could help me out with some more information on the other crash that happend yesterday or maybe the day before. I saw ssome information on it on KTRE yesterday now I cannot find anything.

[edit on 6/22/2005 by bet555]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Your intro paragraph is biased as hell.

Pedestrians have the right of way, but they must also follow laws that regard pedestrians. Logically, whether a subject has the right of way or not, no circumstances permit willful and purposeful harm when it can be avoided.

EDIT:

"He didn't have time to react, didn't see him at all," Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Lonny Haschel said. "He is obviously upset. Our hearts go out to the family."

If it was a pedestrian that hit that kid, everyone in the world would have already heard this.

What do you mean by this? I assume you mean "civilian." Do you think that every time a kid gets hit by a car it makes the national news? It doesn't.

A pedestrian is somebody travelling on foot. (Ped = foot or step, from Greek "pezos").

Zip

[edit on 6/22/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You are right .... about that our Hearts go out to the family. Our hearts go out to the families that we are killing overseas. That is what our hearts go out to not some Lunatic in a cop car speeding and not paying any attention to the people on the side of a road. I garuntee that this kid wasn't hiding from cars on the highway and then just bursted out in front of this car. That is not how things work ... people look both ways before crossing the road. That officer has been trained to handle situations like this. Where is this training at ??? Also ... there was another officer that RAN off the road totalling his car .... You have Excuses for that Officer to ... I am guessing that you are a fellow officer because noone would take up for someone KILLING someone else unless they had some familiararities ... with the person ... Cops are not bad if that is what you are getting out of this thread you are taking it the wrong WAY .... I am saying that is TWO ACCIDENTS ... ACCIDENTS .... ACCIDENTS ... that has happend just yesterday ... What can we do to avoid this ?? 50k worth of tax payers money going to a cop car that had been totalled out and then a LIFE .... something that not even 50k or 500k could bring back ... Ask the childs family if they have ever hit anyone ???? ...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Please read this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Accidents happen. Sometimes in life, when we experience loss, we feel frustrated at "what could have been done" to avoid it. This cop could have stayed at the Donut House for one more cup of coffee and this would not have happened, sure.

Zip

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Accidents happen. Sometimes in life, when we experience loss, we feel frustrated at "what could have been done" to avoid it. This cop could have stayed at the Donut House for one more cup of coffee and this would not have happened, sure.

Zip

Or he could have been going to the POSTED SPEED for that road and could have been more alert and aware of his surroundings and seen the boy climb over the WALL that protects the HIGHWAY from people just taking off across it. It is a 8 lane highway .... HOW can you not have enough room on an 4 lane one way highway to swerve and miss a HUMAN life ???? Anyone have any excuses for that ... ?? I am alert driving in the country to not hit deer coming out of the woods I have swerved many times to not his them ... I promise that I boy can not run as fast as a deer nor ... Jump the 4 foot cement wall on the side of the free way. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS OR for that other officer trying to pass a car in a NO PASING ZONE !!! Then wrecking his car ... and TOTALLING it ... it may have been different if he hadn't LOSSED control of his car and flew into some wooded area and got his car stuck between a couple of pines. But he did HE LOSSED TOTAL control of his car ... Really safe for the person he almost hit and the person that he was passing. What is 5 seconds that it would have taken to wait untill they got over that HILL ??? Would the 5 seconds it cost cost someones life ???? In all odds it may have saved him his OWN life ... rather than that of anyone elses ... B/c he would have gotten to the scene as the person was killing themselves or another person killing him too.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Funny how we pay cops to punish us, and then use what if and it happens to justify it. The truth of the matter is we don’t need half the cops we have. Cause 75% of them are out filling ticket quotas. But that’s what America has become nothing but a police state, that most are to blind or don’t want to admit it. Think about the cops in your town, who are they? Most are just uneducated slugs that couldn’t make it doing anything other then police work.
Example the town I live in has about 30 cops or more. Our crime rate is next to nothing. Why so many cops? If Pigs could fly the town I live in would be an airport. The town I use to live in got rid of all of there cops and subbed them out to the county things got better after that. Taxes went down a bit and you didn’t have to worry about uneducated cowboy cops anymore. The crime rate didn't go up either.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not sure which of the two aspects of this thread to address. The insidious skateboarding vermin or the excessive ticketing event that was the intro to the thread.

I've both a father and a son-in-law who are Cops. The former is recently deceased and possibly the finest man I shall ever know. That I did not follow in his footsteps is perhaps just another of the many areas in which I'm not the man my father was, to my great detriment. My daughter wed a fine fellow who's just graduated from the police academy and I could not be prouder. It takes a very special man to do the job right, and if done so, it's the most imporant job on this planet. God bless them all.

This does not discount the 'lively' conversation I had with my dad in 1974 about the 'goon' who accosted me in a Pittsburg police station for standing in the wrong spot while paying a traffic ticket. Those kind are out there too. They are human. They see the absolute worst in society as part of their everyday jobs, and bottle it up when they get home so they can be 'daddys' to their families. If they get home that is. Many fine men don't.

Please don't generalize. Virtually all of us will have some moment when a guy in blue will be your best friend in a very critical moment.

End of sermon.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The police just need to be more safe on roads. That was the moral of this thread not sure where it went off to .

[edit on 6/23/2005 by bet555]

new topics

top topics

join