It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relgions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I have been looking at all religions and thinking which one i should follow. Im going with my heart when i choose one.

what religion do you follow and why did you follow it??

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
infinite.......don't take this wrong but.....

Why? Cause what you are asking is just what this fairly current thread is asking:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
oops sorry i really should of checked.....duh!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Its no biggie infinite.

I have done the same myself....

regards
seekerof

oui

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello friend...

Which one should I follow??

Your situation has not been unheard of...

The Buddha once visited a small town (Kesaputta, in the kingdom of Kosala). When the inhabitants of this town had heard that The Buddha was in their town, they decided to pay him a visit, to ask him for religious advice. Scince many religious teachers regularly passed through this town, and taught only their own doctrine, and spurned others, they were unsure of which religion to follow.

In response to their question the Buddha answered; "Yes, it is proper that you have perplexity. Do not be led by reports, or tradition, or hearsay. Be not led by the authority of religious texts, nor by mere logic, or inference, nor by considering appearances, nor by the delight in speculative opinions, nor by seeming possibilities, nor by the idea "this is our teacher". For when you know for yourselves that certain things are unwholesome, and wrong, and bad, then give them up... And when you know for yourselves that certain things are wholesome, and good, the accept them, and follow them.

The religion that makes you feel right, and whole inside (complete), is the one that may be for you. If you can't find a "religion" that makes you feel whole, then follow your own beliefs, follow your own truths.

what religion do you follow and why did you follow it??

I am a follower of Buddhism. I follow it for many reasons, two of the most important reasons though, are; it feels right to me, and it makes complete total sense to me. All the lessons tought in Buddhism are easily seen in the world around us.

Many people ask me though... isn't Buddhism just a philosophy, and not a religion???

It does not matter what you call it. Buddhism remains what it is no-matter what label you put on it. The label is immaterial. Even the label "Buddhism" which we give to the teaching of the Buddha is of little importance. The name one gives it is inessential...

"Whats in a name? That which we call a rose,
By any other name would smell as sweet."

I wish you luck on your search, and ask that you look at all truths, with open eyes. Don't go by what I say, or any others... If YOU know it is a sound doctrine, then so it is.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by oui]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'll give you a little hint. All religions have their good points and all have their bad points.

I follow no organized religion. However, I have the love of God and the Holy Spirit within me, and you do also. Look for your soul to guide you. It has God's love. That is all one really needs.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I follow modern satanism - which basically means i have faith in myself and my own judgement, although do find it important to listen always to others.
I didnt so much decide to follow this path - i just found a name for the beliefs i already have and those that share them.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have many influences, but my base is Judaism, though I'm not a Jew, but I'm closer to Judaism than the Church anyway. I keep Jesus close to my heart and try to keep him there, though it's not easy for Jesus is quite easily anoyed, and puts me in place when I get too many ideas too quickly and try to solve everything on my own. But to say religion..... I hate the word religion. Speek rather about which law you follow. I try to follow the Mosaic Law, but I believe in the vision of Peter at Jaffa, for it fits with prophecy and history perfectly. In other words, I'm not kosher. Neither do I support any bloodshed, be that an ox or a man, for Jesus and God's elect fulfills all sacrifices. And I don't follow the laws that was added to the covenant after Babylon.

It's my opinion that the priesthood, shepherds as they are, have a responsibility to follow the Law and teach it and not be advocates for herecy making covenants with the enemy and changing eternal orders set by God, for the Spirit of God has it's own way with time. Not easy to understand at all. But true. Always true, in one sense or the other.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am a spiritualist, basically this is more a philosophy than a religion and we believe that we are all eternal spritual beings who at the moment are experiencing a material incarnation. We also believe that all individuals take personal responsability and answer for their actions good or bad and that spiritual progression is open to all, there is no eternal damnation, once you have atoned and realised the error of your actions progress is open to you. All creeds, races and denominations are welcome. Everyone has there own path to walk to reach the truth.

top topics

join