It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unused rail cars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
well i for one wouldn't want to be in the bottom of that car because poo-poo and piss both follow gravity and the bottom row would be one messy prison car

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe some of you looking for photos of these FEMA railcars might like to go over this link and see if it interests you. Quite a few links off of this site to explore also.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Those "UN Cars" are nothing more than tool cars that Canadian National recieved from British Columbia Railways after the merger. You can just make out the "CN" reporting marks on the top right rear of the car. Needless to say, these are not "prisoner cars" but mere tool cars.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey, we could all get together and buy these old boxcars and turn them into homes for the homeless! Many of them are big, are made of sturdy metal, and with the installation of insulation, a regular door, a few windows and a bathroom, could make very nice, pre-fab housing for those who desperately need it.

Many of them are also already on wheels, so they can easily be transported to older, downtown areas of cities that still have tracks, where many homeless people live, to create homey little boxcar neighborhoods.

It would be a lot easier than what Jimmy Carter is up to.

We could do the same thing with all those big shipping containers we're accumulating because of the trade deficit. And we can stack those to make hobo highrises.

I'm only here on this planet to benefit my fellow creatures.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Those railcars can also be used to house Katrina refugees, since FEMA doesn't want to give them the keys to those trailers!

I've heard of people living in boxcars...when I was a child I read a book, Trina, about a Hispanic girl and her family who lived in a boxcar.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually, the two of you have a very good idea right there. Why let these old boxcars and containers sit and rust away to nothing when they can be put to good use. You don't really need the tracks to have a boxcar neighborhood. All you need to do is dis-mount the cars off their frames and re-work the insides to a living quarters. Put a couple of boxcars together, and you are talking about a pretty good size home.

People do it with old cabooses, so why not do it with old boxcars?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It works fairly well with cabooses because they were intended to be inhabited. Boxcars are a different animal...being sheathed in steel, they tend to function as 'hotboxes' on summer days. I'm guessing the cost needed to make them habitable year-round would be substantial.

NC

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Those railcars can also be used to house Katrina refugees, since FEMA doesn't want to give them the keys to those trailers!

I've heard of people living in boxcars...when I was a child I read a book, Trina, about a Hispanic girl and her family who lived in a boxcar.

Here's another: The Boxcar Children

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
It works fairly well with cabooses because they were intended to be inhabited. Boxcars are a different animal...being sheathed in steel, they tend to function as 'hotboxes' on summer days. I'm guessing the cost needed to make them habitable year-round would be substantial.

Hmmm... maybe. On the other hand, all it might take is to spray them with some kind of reflective paint or insulating foam. Or float them in a local river or lake, like a houseboat!

Hey, what do these bums want for nothing? So they'd have to go outside on a hot day. Maybe it will encourage them to get a freakin job.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
When I first got onto the Internet 5 years ago
there was so much information about Dentention Camps and
so many websites and pictures.
Now, it takes forever to find anything about this on the Internet.
Why?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Who here has ever heard of “Crazy Larry” Lawson, who lives in a converted shipping container?

He used to frequent the chemtrail hoax boards.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Enkidu,

It occurs to me that burying them would the best solution. Provides for all-weather habitation and is simply cheap.

Floating them could be a problem, boxcars are much heavier than they look.

Ha! We solved the problem. I'm having a beer.

NC

[edit on 31-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
seems to me that the safest job anyone could have if any of this were to be true, would be a train engineer, gunna be heaps of work for these guys.
NWO has probably started recruiting for engineers as we speak.(not serious..or am i?)

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Speaking of which...a 'railroad academy' was recently highlighted in our local paper. Railroads are apparently hiring and having trouble finding trained people.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To the member who stated that next thing you know they'll be pulling steam engines back into service. I I know of at least one engine that is still in service and one that has just returned to service.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Actually, the two of you have a very good idea right there. Why let these old boxcars and containers sit and rust away to nothing when they can be put to good use. You don't really need the tracks to have a boxcar neighborhood. All you need to do is dis-mount the cars off their frames and re-work the insides to a living quarters. Put a couple of boxcars together, and you are talking about a pretty good size home.

People do it with old cabooses, so why not do it with old boxcars?

It's funny that you mentioned that.I used to live in a converted boxcar when I worked for the CN railroad in Toronto back in the 90's.I used to brag about living rent free in Toronto!! My dad used to work for C&O untill he retired in the mid 80's

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In and around Valencia, California there are many boxcars sitting on sidings with little TV cameras and satellite dishes attached to them.

They are used by the local Studios for various shoots, and some of the owners actually do live in them.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ferretman2

I totally agree that the rail-cars are designed for one purpose, transport cars & trucks. There hasn't been one piece of evidence to date, that any rail car has been manufactured for the claims I keep reading throughout all the websites posting these alarms. You would think by now, someone connected or has knowledge of these claims would show the actual proof...I'm beginning to believe since the U.S. Government allowed the Internet to be used by the public, the wackos have pushed there own agendas, right or wrong, truth or lies, to gain attention or access where they normally would be denied from the liberal media outlets...

May 31st 2008, I have seen about 35 + yellow rail cars of similar design in New Castle, IN. sitting on tracks just wasting away. The local kids are putting graffiti on them because of the time they have just sat, rusting away. New Castle doesn't manufacturer cars or trucks. There is a two yr old correctional facility north of the city which runs parallel to the tracks. Huh! Even local authorities are baffled of why they sitting there. The neighbors are tired of them blocking the view, the roads, and the line trees. It has become an eye sore.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grafxgal

I live within minutes of the Beech Grove, IN Amtrak Facility with friends who work inside. They laugh every time a rumor is spreading around the globe about them becoming a (death camp.) The repairs of rail-cars are good thru 2012. They tell me, if Uncle Sam does anything to the facility, they would know immediately due to their positions. Ever since the wackos filmed the area in the 90's people continue wanting to enter the area. They have had some fanatical attempts to access the facility and the Amtrak Police turns them away sometimes with force. They have yet to see any of these cattle cars that are rumored to be built to move people. They believe it is nothing but scuttle butt...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
People familiar with rail operations...wtf are these?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join