It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Menwith Hill, UK, North Yorkshire, US base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is a US Military base near me located north Yorkshire, England.

I'm left with a number of questions about this place, its the largest electronic monitoring station in the world, theirs been a lot of talk about it and I know a person confronted by the military police at menwith hill because they were taking pictures and then one of the military policemen said 'there is little grey men inside...'

Anyway... what's it doing here in England? I feel that in the case of nuclear war this would be one of the first prime targets, which is shocking since i live very close.

The Americans fail to explain to the public the reason it’s situated here...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its situated here because the Americans need us as allies to keep one step ahead of the enemy, whoever they may be.This is a station that is part of a larger group of stations around the world called Echelon.They listen in to all phone calls and computer e-mails around the world to get intelligence. To me they are a waste of money, they hardly catch anyone significant, but thats life nowerdays , spy on everone , its Big Brother gone mad.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
LITTLE GREY MEN?!?! AHAAA, as much as i believe in greys and stuff, i really think that bloke was takin da pee outta your mate there lol, he was simply taking the pee and being sarcastic, like he would do that... anyway.. where abouts is yorkshire.. (im really good at geography:@@
lol,

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Lol Aliens sorry thats funny..

nothing much to see at the hill. even most of the golf balls are empty and have been for along time.

only good thing about it is, you get petrol" gas" at usa prices if you got a blue slip, and of course pumkin pie and hershey bars.

its just a huge collection base, 1 part of a much bigger part which inturn is part of a much bigger part.

The base itself is divided into 2 parts, collection and living quarters.

You aint getting in the collection part period.

p.s. they can read you mind from south africa to the urals.. and everything inbetween when it works (apparently its nowhere near 100% up time)

as for taking pictures they dont care, theres video cameras much futher out than you would imagine

o yeah and if anyone from the hills watching... i miss my little ego maniac 75th ranger friends...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
hey i know a bit of this NATO(?) facility. my uncle is a high ranking spy in the british navy and works at said base. he also works on subs operating in the arctic circle somtimes! info on this is limited though as we've always live at least 2 hours drive from each other. (its now 17,000 Kms)

i know that he has also been to the pentagon for some reason!

[edit on 24-6-2005 by funny_pom]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
if ure uncle was a hugh rankin spy, im sure YOU wouldnt know about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Your uncles a top ranking spy.....

Well my dads James bond, and he says hes never heard of your uncle..
my mother worked as a tea lady for MI5 for more than 20 years and she says she never saw your uncle once, but she mght remember him if you tell her how many sugars he takes in his tea and if he likes his cucumber sandwiches with or without the crust

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i dont know how high he is Exactly. but all i know is that he is a spy, he's signed the official secrets act; and that MI5 is keeping track of all the members of my, and his, family.

[i live in Australia now

its now 17,000 Kms

so its probably ASIO keep an eye on me instead]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Lol im sure your family had the best of intentions when they feed you this crap.lol

firstly if you knew, you wouldnt be told about it till you was mature enough to keep ones mouth closed.

Apart from the closet family members ,wife etc, nobody knows, he would just work for the Gov or Navy it would be that simple.

As for the offical secrets act. ive signed it too so i guess im a spy now.(cool!)

your uncle is 1 of about 2.5million others still alive who have signed it too

reasons for it..

you work(ed) for the gov, your company works for the gov, you make parts/ideas/inventions for the gov...you once swept the floor in some BAe factory .... aint nothing special sorry to burst your bubble.

P.s. Theres different version of the OSA.

O yes back on the Hill subject i can say this much back in middle to late 90`s its security sucked, you could get inside the living area(not the collection part never tried) by giving any name, any address.

Hope its improved alot.

And i still miss my ego maniac rangers.. boo hoo

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
oh well.
i still feel special though. LOL

P.S. my dad told me anyway. dont know if him beeing a 2nd child has anything 2 do with it but i think it does.

but hey he workes in Menwith Hill so he must be kinda special??

[edit on 26-6-2005 by funny_pom]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
To end to "change of topic banter", British Military Intelligence is not as secretive over the identities of it's spies as some of you seem to think.

MI5 launched a nationwide television/newspaper campaign to recruit new agents last year.

I personally know a number of intelligence officers (not to mention my own involvement at one time), and I "wasn't fed crap" as owell seems to think. I am still under obligation of The Official Secrets Act and although I can't say what I did, it doesn't mean I have to automatically dismiss linkage.

Back to Menwith Hill...

One of the obvious reason the NSA required a facility here is because of the USA's alliance with the UK. Therefore, the US intelligence branch could place a start-of-the-art listening facility on the edge of Europe, providing a listening post to Russia and the Middle East as well.

Excellent Links

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.euronet.nl...
www.fas.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ahhhhh...Simon beat me, but I was going to say Menwith Hill is a NSA listening post for Europe. They have a similar facility in Alaska to cover the other side.

And yes, the other member might know about his uncle. One of my relatives is NSA and worked at Menwith Hill. I know about it....

top topics

join