It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have arrived.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
very nice voice of doom, i shall interject with some more quotes.

"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."
- Jimmy Durante

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance"
- - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

"We all agree that your theory is crazy, but is it crazy enough?"
- Niels Bohr (1885-1962)

"In any contest between power and patience, bet on patience."
- W.B. Prescott

"A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I like those Velocity.

How did you select them, is there a common theme that made them easy to get?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They weren't that easy to get, i spent 30 mins picking them out from a page of 1000, I decided to go for the ones on "be nice to others" rather than "power corrupts"

At least if you're nice to those you talk to then you have more bodies in front of you when "they" come for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralDilemma
I am left with 2 choices, one to leave and the other is to clean this place up. I have decided to do the latter.

I've been busy and not paying attention to this latest hiccup in the board.

Wonderful... another recent arrival that claims to know better what to do than 700+ members who have been visiting regularly (yes, that many unique members a week for the past five months) for the past several months.

YAWN

Somebody let me know if this guy needs a kick... I don't have the time to read all his rantings.

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by William]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Although I am only an infrequent poster, and words do not come easy to me, as I am a practical man by heart, I have been busy here on the site laying the groundwork for change. Please note that I have heard every one of your questions and have starte to formulate our stratagy here.

Notice that we have moved on from the young abusers, they have been nicely silenced and instead the average poster is feeling free to ask their questons.

Yes Fungirl, I have not forgotten the women and girls of this board. Women are like flowers in the field among the rough and tumble of the board their delecate posts bloom with the feminine fragrance, and we must encourage that.

In another thread I talked about the new forum we are developing for women to commmunicate and talk with each other (for they all love to engage in silly talk, much like canaries love to sing, and often with just as much meaning as birdsong as well).

As well as support their menfolk by exchanging recipies and household hints. It will be a domestic forum and at this stage moderated by Mrs Vallhall, a robust and rotund lady of strong temperment.

I am focusing on working with the other moderators and staff at present in order to present suitable rolemodels for our members. I know that we all look up to our leaders with respect, and they should show a model side for the members to emulate.

Already Mr One Sac has been given some adive on his exercise and dress sence and now I have noticed another issue that will be resolved.

Mr William, had on his avatar a bottle of alcohol. Sir you must remove this immediatly. It is not a good sign for our more impressionable members and the ladies, also it is not a quality spirit, please pour the contents down the sink.

Also from your post I notice that you were still half asleep, obviously you are neglecting your morning exercises. You need to arise at 5:30am in order to prepare for the day, not crawl out of the bed at 10:15 as per usual.

I expect your standard to improve immediatly, your presence is that of the highest order, as you are the supreme model on the board and we look to you for our own inspiration.

Originally posted by FunGirl
Mr. General Man,

What type of things do you want to do to us girls here? You keep talking about making the boys here men, but what about us sorority girls? Am I just here for your soldiers to look at, like some pinup, while you do the real work with the boys? Can we have girl soldiers in your ATS army, too?

Kisses,
FunGirl

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We, We, We?

Its by some small miracle you haven't been banned already and you're already setting down your manifesto for change.

I repeat my previous 8 words.

Who the hell do you think you are?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh that one is rich.

General can I be apart of your revolution please.
I promise I will be submissive to your iron fist.

*waits for william to pull out his boot*

What 10000 other military men couldnt do im sure you can. Please guide me exalted one.

Learn me how to be the man god wanted me to be sir!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I support your mission, Sir, as an ally in much of your cause.

But, as I have pointed out before, I believe you may have the dress sense of an Edgar J Hoover - and your propensity to shake those in their boots who are guilty of video game addiction, perpetual masturbation, eating of unwholesome fast foods and nicotine fixation - truly points out those individuals who are not men amongst men.

If you shoot down ThomasCrowne, you will uncover all manner of slime and unclassified insect life in the rotting humus of ATS. To convert that compost heap into something useful, you will certainly need a better operational plan than did the useless Bush administration in their illegal invasion of Iraq.

You are clearly a man (or woman, or faggot) of resolve, worthy of attention.

May your agenda be a true one, and may your penchant for underage boys never stand in the way of the crowning glory of your victory.

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY

....underage boys......

I voted no because the word moderation does not leap out of your post.

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
A real member of the forces would know that respect is earned not demanded. So how about you start by accepting us for who we are and changing things by your own examples, not barking down orders.

You don't like it? then why dont i delcare myself Field Marshal and have you sent to siberia, theres many a member here who can throw down more hoo-ahh than you could ever imagine.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i see what the 2 popular threads are this week maybe i'll try back next week.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As well as support their menfolk by exchanging recipies and household hints. It will be a domestic forum and at this stage moderated by Mrs Vallhall, a robust and rotund lady of strong temperment.

Lmao. you're just asking for her to kick your azz.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outlaw
i see what the 2 popular threads are this week maybe i'll try back next week.

Life as an Outlaw is a difficult one, much of which is spent in self-exile and quiet contemplation.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I agree Fury, he's going to get the ladies attention with this one.

You must be single because the last thing you ever ever EVER want to do is call a woman fat where she can see/hear it.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velocity
I agree Fury, he's going to get the ladies attention with this one.

You must be single because the last thing you ever ever EVER want to do is call a woman fat where she can see/hear it.

I saw that too. Valhall is not going to be pleased when she reads that.
But Im sure the kind of woman she really is she will know what he is talking about.

If not i hope im here when she responds .

That outta be good.

Mark

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
general!
I thought i ordered you to bed. not put down the little boy and the lollypop and hit the bunk stholdier.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I cant believe it you guys are giving this guy credit, give him what he deserves......

Nothing but hassle .

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
drunk

You're right.

The General does not deserve credit.

He deserves full respect.

* 50 pushups *

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
By General D.

Already Mr One Sac has been given some adive on his exercise and dress sence and now I have noticed another issue that will be resolved.

Mr William, had on his avatar a bottle of alcohol. Sir you must remove this immediatly. It is not a good sign for our more impressionable members and the ladies, also it is not a quality spirit, please pour the contents down the sink.

Also from your post I notice that you were still half asleep, obviously you are neglecting your morning exercises. You need to arise at 5:30am in order to prepare for the day, not crawl out of the bed at 10:15 as per usual.

I expect your standard to improve immediatly, your presence is that of the highest order, as you are the supreme model on the board and we look to you for our own inspiration.

I just don't know what to say here!?

tears............

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

MaskedAvatar said
drunk

You're right.

The General does not deserve credit.

He deserves full respect.

* smooches buttocks and continues to play games *

FIXED!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Air Marshal fury, i outrank you , you young whippersnapper, now get me my coffee and donuts.

As for General, i'm afraid i'm going to have to arrested by the MP for insubordination, trason, treachery, whatever else i can throw at you.

ATTENTION!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join