It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have arrived.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

My whole rambling point is this, why can't those who are griping about the General, demanding he be banned, and in general not enjoying him, go away from this and other General threads and leave the rest of the people who are enjoying this alone?

People were talking of banning? Jesus people, get a thicker skin! Maybe the General is right and there are a bunch of namby pamby little thumbsucking teet suckers here!
What's with the "ban this person" and "ban that person"? If you can't take someone's heat...stay off their threads...jeez..

Will someone please ban gazrok?
he's annoying me.
JFWY gazzy

where's your avatar G?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
General dillema!
meet your match!
You are gonna get court marshal'd mister!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AirMarshalFury
General dillema!
meet your match!
You are gonna get court marshal'd mister!!!

now this is a man i can look up too!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to see certain idiots gone, they have just as much right to post as anyone else, and If they are bad enough, they will eventually be banned, or mass ignored and will get bored and go away. I can't see anything good in what General is proposing, and his proposal is made all the less pretty by the fact that he sounds like an Ultra-fascist, Ultra-right wing, Ultra-stuck up version of Freemason...........

No sir, I don't LIKE it.....

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Will someone please ban gazrok?
he's annoying me.
JFWY gazzy
where's your avatar G?

*flings some poo at Fury...*

image hosting site went down, and I can't seem to link from my own pages, so just gotta get around to posting a pic to another site is all.....

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
* departs, smirking at recent contributions for The General from people unworthy of licking The General's boots or waiting on him as cook or sock darner *

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, well this is an interesting development. The General semms hell bent on dividing the entire community in one fell swoop. My congratulations Sir your grasp of the Human condition is impressive. But you made one statement that i find curious.

once that separation has been made then the rest is easy, divide and conqour has been the rule since Lao Tzu.
If you are indeed the Millitary man you would have us believe, then perhaps you should be quoting from SunTzu the Chinese General and Philosopher? Here are a few quotes for you, just in case you missed them in your Military Training.

"Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where
you are not expected"
"In war, then, let your great object be victory,
not lengthy campaigns."
"The general, unable to control his irritation,
will launch his men to the assault like swarming ants,
with the result that one-third of his men are slain,
while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous
effects of a siege."

And heres the link so you can perhaps at least research the Great General before you misquote him.
www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html

SunTzu is required reading in almost every military Collage in the world. But i think i will sit back and await developments and see were you are going with this before i make a final decision.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I wonder if they even know their level of ineptitude? i have found the unworthy to generally be DOLTS...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I must congratulate you Rogue Trooper, not only do you have a fine name, but you are also versed in the art of war.

Indeed I made an error between Sun Tzu and Lao Tzu. However that error is understandable when the study of both great men brings alive the true human condition of us all.

Lao Tsu is the founder of Taoism which incorporates existential skepticism, that is imperative in our society today and so lacking in the forums here.

The Taoist Yan Chu says:

What is man's life for? What pleasure is there in it? Is it for beauty and riches? Is it for sound and colour? But there comes a time when beauty and riches no longer answer the needs of the heart, and when a surfeit of sound and colour becomes a weariness to the eyes and a ringing in the ears.

So true among the generation of today, many are lost in the pleasures of life not realising that such pleasure is death, that such pleasure is the root of the decline of our society, such pleasure is the the cancer that is eating our culture.

Lao Tsu shows us the heart of our decadence and counsells us to:

The five colours blind the eye.
The five tones deafen the ear.
The five flavours dull the taste.
Racing and hunting madden the mind.
Precious things lead one astray.
Therefore the sage is guided by what he feels and not by what he sees.
He lets go of that and chooses this

We too must let go, let go of our delusions, our suppositions, our fantasies, and instead face life coldly, without the protective coverings of self delusion.

That is my aim here to lead people in that path.

When I am a moderator I will reveal this way to the members more fully.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by GeneralDilemma]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
talk about your cut and paste kiddies. lmao

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Lovely to meet you Mr Dilemma, however i shall not be bowing down anytime soon to you, your posts and idea's have merit but the manner in which you present them is a little too hoo-ahh for my tastes, and i'm a military man myself.

I no doubt you're well versed in the art of googling also, stick to what you believe in and dont let others shout you down!

1943 Yes, 2003 No

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply, i can be at least content that you are well read.
As i said, i will sit back and perhaps learn more about your intentions here before i make up my mind regarding if you are on the side of Heavan or Hell. I dont like to make snap judgements about someone until i know were they are at, so to speak.
Please continue.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Frankly i would not be surprised if this was another scam, as we had a hoax last week, this would be the best way to carry it on.

"The figurehead is the mouthpiece of the party"

In the novel 1984, George Orwell described a totalitarian society in which the government, referred to as the Party, had almost complete control over the people. The supreme ruler and mouthpiece of the Party was Big Brother. Posters announced that "Big Brother is Watching You". Telescreens droned endlessly with brainwashing propaganda about wondrous government programs and slogans to improve the publics work rates. Coins, stamps, books, films, and banners proclaimed the three slogans of the Party: War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

Deny Ignorance, Information wants to be free and...

"We all just want to be sheep in the end"

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
*... cook or sock darner *

Man! that's a phrase you don't wanna get tongue-tied on! whew!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
General Dilemma

Sir, I respect you for wanting to do good in this forum, but your way, will never work. There are members from many different countries, many different ages and many different personalities. You can not expect all these differences to conform to one set of rules.

What may have worked in the past is now challenged by new idea's, new beliefs and a much bigger playground. People need to be treated different, because they are different.

There's many things in this world that are unknown to most and many people come here to share their information. Some people may be delusional or crazy, but to treat people badly because their story sounds unbelievable is wrong.

You sound like a older male to me, so I am assuming your beliefs are from the old ways and I bet you haven't studied much of the conspiracies or alien abductions or even anything about the New World Order.

If enough people like you became moderators here, this site would disappear, pretty much over night. You are one of those dominate males that feel they know whats best for everyone. You think you know what is fair and what is unfair. I will tell you right now, what is fair to one person is unfair to the next. You will never win.

The only way to go is to take time to get to know each other and understand where each person is coming from. Listen with a open heart and a open mind. Trust that people are telling the truth, don't make sarcastic remarks or call them names because you think their story is fabricated.

It's important for the Moderators in this forum to be a good example for other members.

Sir, you started out on the wrong foot. Try again under a different username.

Iconoclast

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The General's way has ALREADY worked.

I am sure that WHEN he is a Moderator, he will conduct himself with the authority, understanding and reason of the Super-Super-Super Moderator status that some including ThomasCrowne have already noticed and accorded him.

His strategic and tactical knowledge are par excellence.

His ability to cover up the executional foibles of underlings is like no other. He would be worthy of the role of Chief Keeper Of Nasty Secrets in the corrupt Bush administration, only he is too decent to have anything to do with a criminal gang.

Look at the numbers who fawn after him and even deign to guess his 'true identity', thereby shooting themselves in the foot!

Look at the awe and respect this man/woman/faggot has commanded on entering the room!

Look at the serious contemplation that members give to their own values and freedoms as soon as the General speaks!

He is indeed the saviour of ATS, and false idolaters and unsavory posters will know the General's wrath WHEN he is a Moderator.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Look at the awe and respect this man/woman/faggot has commanded on entering the room!

MA you certainly have a way with words

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Mr. General Man,

What type of things do you want to do to us girls here? You keep talking about making the boys here men, but what about us sorority girls? Am I just here for your soldiers to look at, like some pinup, while you do the real work with the boys? Can we have girl soldiers in your ATS army, too?

Kisses,
FunGirl

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
*head connecting with wall repeatedly*

Eight words for you Mr Dilemma...

Who the hell do you think you are?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Those who desire power and authority should never have it.

[Authority is an illusion in the mind of govenors- Lao Tse]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join