It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have arrived.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
arc

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
so dear General, you feel that by censorship of the less polite terms, that this forum is becoming a women's retreat. And the problem with that is what exactly?

If you opened your eyes a little wider and saw past your own agenda, you may notice perchance the healthy number of ladies already posting on ATS (I use the term ladies loosely, we are a coven of minxes, jezebels and violent femmes). I have noticed your spleen directed mainly at the obese youth, what then is your answer to the women here, and are you actually able to deal with the feminine side of humanity?

I wish you luck on your quest but I think you're doomed to fail. You have yet to learn grasshopper that you can only change those who already wish to, and that using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut results in atomisation of said nut, or a broken foot.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc
so dear General, you feel that by censorship of the less polite terms, that this forum is becoming a women's retreat. And the problem with that is what exactly?

If you opened your eyes a little wider and saw past your own agenda, you may notice perchance the healthy number of ladies already posting on ATS (I use the term ladies loosely, we are a coven of minxes, jezebels and violent femmes). I have noticed your spleen directed mainly at the obese youth, what then is your answer to the women here, and are you actually able to deal with the feminine side of humanity?

I wish you luck on your quest but I think you're doomed to fail. You have yet to learn grasshopper that you can only change those who already wish to, and that using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut results in atomisation of said nut, or a broken foot.

I think arc asks a very good question deserving of an answer from the General, as well as all the other members who seem to think that when women grow in confidence and position, society becomes effiminate. I have seen no theories on the conservation of confidence, so to imply that as women become more confident men have to become less confident is utter nonsense. Why do so many men hold this thought?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The General is gone for at least 8 hours, unless he can pass the baton.

But why does "confidence" have meaning to you?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

KAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNIGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSS!

The general here is somewhat of a semi-intelligent psycophant. I suggest we humor him for a while, it could be fun...

Alpha Males Rock Buddy!!!!!

-The Wiz aka Dirk McGuirk

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ok the guy is looking for a rise, he got one. lol not like its hard to do.

i dont see anyone taking him seriously anytime soon.

edit this chump.....

i'm holding up one finger.......guess which one!

you're number one in my book! (the book of people not to take seriously)

you are worth a good chuckle. i'll give you that much.

demanding to be made a mod.

wanting to get rid of an entire forum.

wanting to censor, edit and delete posts.

yeah i see you getting lots of supporters here.

lol

let us know when your little act is over. i'm already bored with it.
F for effort, this isnt very original.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Monkey

Increase your attention span

I give the general

He is a man's man, a man of honor, and he has the preservation of your manhood in his heart.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Monkey

Increase your attention span

I give the general

So would you, if you knew who he was.

i dont give a rusty #$%& who he is.

these games some adults choose to play are stupid ignorant and childish. if they are trying to make some "point" they are doing it in a very poor way.

if i wanted dramatics i'd go to acting school!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
ThePrankMonkey

Time to change your name,

to TerminalSeriousness

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

ThePrankMonkey

Time to change your name,

to TerminalSeriousness

now didnt i say not to take my name to heart? just because it says prank monkey doesnt mean i am always easy going and light hearted.

there are just some things i am not in the mood for. time is a precious thing and i think its rediculous some person choses to waste some of their short time on this planet putting on acts and playing games with people.

this isnt even amusing, you can find this on boards all day long. this isnt special wonderful or anything worth praising.

you seem to think so, great, lovely, wonderfulness!

GOOD FOR YOU and your drama creating friend in the corner.

ideas like this come from a long line of bad ideas.....TBATS being another one of them. strange how people continue to come up with even worse ideas than the ones they had before.....so sad!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The General is gone for at least 8 hours, unless he can pass the baton.

But why does "confidence" have meaning to you?

I'm going to assume that question was sarcastic, because I just can't believe you wouldn't understand the power of confidence in one's self, especially when talking about any group that has emerged from underneath a concerted effort to specifically suppress their confidence.

EDIT: Or maybe more appropriately facetious.

I am speaking of self-confidence MA, to clarify my comments. Confidence in oneself with no dependence on anyone else to achieve ones own goals/dreams.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Valhall]

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don�t know why, but that GeneralDilemma reminds me Sauron from �The Lord of the Rings�.

�One ring to rule them all
One ring to find them
One ring to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them.�

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yes.

Confidence has several meanings.

In the sense in which I now understand you meant it, no, I don't think it's a group or gender-based thing, though sexism in one's early upbringing and socialization would certainly have some impact. Parents carry a lot of responsibility.

Centuries of supposed repression don't. That history impacts on such things as the fight for gender equity, suffrage, equal pay for equal work etc.

I don't pay heed to 'confidence' in that sense much. Manifest ability is far more important, I don't measure the undercurrents of confidence or lack of confidence that go with it, nor do I pay any regard to the gender of the person with the ability, at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
MA

Then I wouldn't be talking about you, would I?

I think I was fairly specific in directing my question to General, and those of his ilk who seem to think that as women grow men wither.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
By the way - MA, aren't you a lawyer of General?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Agnis

At this stage, I must cease and desist from acting as lawyer, agent, promoter, Lieutenant or in any other capacity for Mr GeneralDilemma, on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

But I am still doing regular pushups, Sir.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I have come to clean this board up. You people are soft, indolent and from what I have read mostly drug crazed ex hippies or rejected spawn from the hippie movement.

Man, you are classic! Do you have an agent yet? If not, you should get one.... Hit the Improv, Leno...seriously man, you're wasting that talent....

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You have arrived, duely noted, now stfu or leave. Noone cares about your bs angle on cleaning up ats. the mods do a fine enough job of that. And who's that on your avatar? i have a feeling if you would scan down a little on the original pic, the good ole general has the colonel leaning him over. And good luck with fury, myself, and a few others on here. Nonsense posts like this will get dealt with.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am General look at me. You are all weak I will get you, blah blah blah blah. You hippie, commie, pinko, touchie feeling, yadda yadda yadda!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is the funniest thread I have ever read.

Please, whoever you really are, General, don't let the joke out of the bag too soon. Keep it going for awhile.... the more people don't get it, the better it becomes.

OIMD stands at attention, ready and willing to serve you in your conquest. As my first act of loyalty, let me assure you that those who have already claimed to be the alpha males around here are but loud newbies. Their responses have been as weak as you had predicted them to be. Surely, as your campaign moves forward, they will fall to the side like disheartened peasants before a legion of steely-eyed Teutonic Knights.

I await your commands, SIR!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just let him talk himself out of breath so to speak. He came in with a bang, but like others before him, he will exit with a whimper or a groan (see Tut Tut)

I am interested to read his ridiculous postings, but that's as far as I am going.

_The Wiz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join