It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of the garden of eden???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth
Im not sure if this has already been a topic.... But anyways i was wandering if anyone had ideas of where the garden is ive heard theories that it was in the fertie cresent by the tigris and euphrateis rivers but i didnt know if there were any other theories?

According to the Urantia book that is shocking accurate when taken IN context, the fertie cresent was the second Garden where adam and eve had to work hard and were cain killed able. The first garden, set up by others for adam and eves arivial was located on the other side of the continent.

www.google.com...

This is the most commonly understood place for it to have been and it might be that the tree of life still exists rooted there.
www.ubthenews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm with the others who say it exists but in another dimension, that possibly is just vibrating higher than the current one we exist in.

Anyways here's my theory: God's house is the temple in Jerusalem which faced towards the east. So if you came walking out of the temple you would be facing the east and looking straight at the Garden of Gethsemane. This is the garden Jesus was arrested in, it's where he ascended from and it's where his feet will touch down when he physically returns. This is also the side of Jerusalem which houses the Gate known as the "Messiah Gate," which he will enter through, but which was sealed like four hundred years ago - to prevent him from doing so.

Also, when his feet touch down on the Mount of Olives, both the OT and the NT say that the mountain will split in two - with half of it moving to the north and half to the south and the remnant that is alive at this time, will escape from the city, through this new opened path - while he takes care of business.

A new river of life will flow out from the temple towards the east and trees will be planted on each side; fruit for food and the leaves for healing.

In the 1948 land split - Jordan got Gethsemane. Jordan for some reason also goes unscathed by the antichrist's armies.

Garden of Eden was/is located in modern day Jordan.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
Look up the book of Enoch- He was taken through the heavens.
The Third heaven called Paradise is where the Garden of Eden is located.
Adam and Eve were thrown onto Earth much like Satan for what they did and had to survive here.

Everyone is lost on this subject and needs to understand that its not even in this dimension. But good luck finding even 1/100th of paradise on Earth(Which is the Final test of mankind before destroying it).

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

Absolutely Correct Wisdumb !!!!!!

It is Great to see someone at last, doing their Homework !!!!

Go to the top of the class ....LOL.. I'll give you a star or two if I can.....

How we are in this place, is by passing through a wall rather than down to, but it essentially means the same.

There are Upper Programs and Lower Programs, but this does Not relate to any thing moral or greater or lesser, but merely Geographical.

So there Upper and Lower Programs, and in each of these, both Above and Bellow as well.

Each of these are viewed (Program) Vertically, and Horizontally dependant on the function.

There is a "Running" position (vertical) and an "Editing" position (to Lay down and Sup.) and the "Library" positions at 45 degrees to these.

The heavens relate to layers which all have different functions in the program!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As others have mentioned about the book of Enoch, the Garden of Eden is not longer on the Earth but was gradually lifted up into the heavens. There is additional support for this outside the Book of Enoch in other Pseudopigraphal texts, which are based on Jewish tradition.

The Lost Books Of Eden
Chapter XI.
6 But Seth and his children did not like earthly work, but gave themselves to heavenly things; for they had no other thought than praises, doxologies, and psalms unto God.
7 Therefore did they at all times hear the voices of angels, praising and glorifying God; from within the garden, or when they were sent by God on an errand, or when they were going up to heaven.
8 For Seth and his children, by reason of their own purity, heard and saw those angels. Then, again, the garden was not far above them, but only some fifteen spiritual cubits.
9 Now one spiritual cubit answers to three cubits of man, altogether forty-five cubits.
10 Seth and his children dwelt on the mountain below the garden
; they sowed not, neither did they reap; they wrought no food for the body. not even wheat; but only offerings. They ate of the fruit and of trees well flavoured that grew on the mountain where they dwelt.
11 Then Seth often fasted every forty days, as did also his eldest children. For the family of Seth smelled the smell of the trees in the garden, when the wind blew that way.

Chapter XVII.
13 Then the elder said to him, "Marvel not, 0 my son; we live in the land north of the garden, which God created before the world. He would not let us live there, but placed us inside the garden, below which ye are now dwelling.

For those who are in here already bashing on Christianity, maybe you should think about the fact that these traditions predate Christianity by hundreds, if not thousands of years, they are Jewish traditions.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
As others have mentioned about the book of Enoch, the Garden of Eden is not longer on the Earth but was gradually lifted up into the heavens. There is additional support for this outside the Book of Enoch in other Pseudopigraphal texts, which are based on Jewish tradition.

The Lost Books Of Eden
Chapter XI.
6 But Seth and his children did not like earthly work, but gave themselves to heavenly things; for they had no other thought than praises, doxologies, and psalms unto God.
7 Therefore did they at all times hear the voices of angels, praising and glorifying God; from within the garden, or when they were sent by God on an errand, or when they were going up to heaven.
8 For Seth and his children, by reason of their own purity, heard and saw those angels. Then, again, the garden was not far above them, but only some fifteen spiritual cubits.
9 Now one spiritual cubit answers to three cubits of man, altogether forty-five cubits.
10 Seth and his children dwelt on the mountain below the garden
; they sowed not, neither did they reap; they wrought no food for the body. not even wheat; but only offerings. They ate of the fruit and of trees well flavoured that grew on the mountain where they dwelt.
11 Then Seth often fasted every forty days, as did also his eldest children. For the family of Seth smelled the smell of the trees in the garden, when the wind blew that way.

Chapter XVII.
13 Then the elder said to him, "Marvel not, 0 my son; we live in the land north of the garden, which God created before the world. He would not let us live there, but placed us inside the garden, below which ye are now dwelling.

For those who are in here already bashing on Christianity, maybe you should think about the fact that these traditions predate Christianity by hundreds, if not thousands of years, they are Jewish traditions.

Thank you so much for presenting this script.

I wish others would take time and also look where you have and a few others.

Often these writings are rejected buy those who do not know Life or the ancient of days if only others would be persuaded to look at all the Ancient Christian, Hebrew and Greek text regarding the All and The Ancient of days!

But I thank God there are a few that really want to return to paradice.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Garden of Eden was in what we calle modern day Iraq. At the time the garden of Eden was there, it was fed by four rivers, not two. Two dry river beds were photographed by satellite in the area a number of years ago. One river started in what is modern day Iran and flowed into the Persian Gulf near the Iran/Iraq border. The other river flowed into the Persian Gulf from somewhere in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
The Garden of Eden was in what we calle modern day Iraq. At the time the garden of Eden was there, it was fed by four rivers, not two. Two dry river beds were photographed by satellite in the area a number of years ago. One river started in what is modern day Iran and flowed into the Persian Gulf near the Iran/Iraq border. The other river flowed into the Persian Gulf from somewhere in Saudi Arabia.

Bingo. The word "eden" is Sumerian for "a land between two rivers". I don't have the source to hand as I'm at work, but I'm sure a little digging will turn it up.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
here is some info as it relates to a show I just watched on TV about this very subject

it talks about the ancient pagan religions of the area and what kinds of clues are in the scripture ,that pinpoint locations, kinds of trees and plants so on

Garden of Eden

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The Garden of Eden is Earth

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NATRAsleep

Which Earth?????

A'Dam and Eve were told to Replenish The Earth!

Replenish means:- "To fill up again!"

Again ???? Interesting????

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Go to www.geocities.com/paul.dentler, gives a very detailed Biblical perspective locating Eden in a location so obvious that it's probably the reason no one has ever thought of it..............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join