It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Saddam Still In Charge Of Iraq?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally From Sky News
Deposed dictator Saddam Hussein still thinks he is in charge of Iraq and has developed a fondness for a kind of crisp, his former guards have claimed.


Is this proof that this man really has lost the plot?

After nearly a year in prison and facing many many charges in court, he still thinks that he is the leader of Iraq.

I think hes just barking mad!

Link To Full Story!




posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

After nearly a year in prison and facing many many charges in court, he still thinks that he is the leader of Iraq.



At last, someone who is in the know!

Could you please list the many many charges that have been levelled agaisnt Saddam Hussein for his trial? This has been a topic of interest at ATS for some months, but nobody has been able to state this clearly.

Looking forward to your contribution.

Saddam Hussein as an incarcerated hermit claiming to be "President" is probably an inspiration to far too many "insurgents" and other people to whom nasty labels are applied. Clarity about what he is already serving time for will be useful to the legal position of foreign occupiers.


dh

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As the dentition proves, Saddam Hussein in prison is the Sham Dam
The real Saddam was freighted out of Baghdad Airport on a Russian airliner shortly before the planned fall of Baghdad. Not a single bridge blown
The Republican Guard melted away to form the backbone of the opposition
With technical support from their erstwhile supporters, perhaps? Including mini-nukes? And Russian-made tank-busters
As you say, an incarcerated hermit dragged out of a hole with a white beard and black-dyed hair
With an always visible crooked snaggle-toothed underbite



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
At last, someone who is in the know!

Could you please list the many many charges that have been levelled agaisnt Saddam Hussein for his trial? This has been a topic of interest at ATS for some months, but nobody has been able to state this clearly.

Looking forward to your contribution.


Not a problem!

The illegal acts Saddam Hussein will be charged for are as follows.....

1. Executing at least 50 Iraqis in 1982 in the Shiite town of Dujail, north of Baghdad, in retaliation for a failed assassination attempt against Saddam.

2. Killing and deporting 8,000 members of the powerful Kurdish Barzani tribe, of which the current Kurdistan Democratic Party leader, Massoud Barzani, belongs.

3. The 1988 chemical weapons attack on the Kurdish town of Halabja that killed an estimated 5,000 people.

4. Executing prominent religious and political figures.

5. Ordering the seven-month occupation of Kuwait that was ended by the 1991 U.S.-led Gulf War.

6. The 1991 suppression of a Shiite uprising in southern Iraq.


This list was obtained from the special tribunal on 6th June 2005.


Originally from Daily Star.com (Lebanon Based)
A full list of the charges former dictator Saddam Hussein will stand trial for emerged yesterday indicating he will face prosecution for gassing thousands of Kurds and executing political and religious leaders.

The special tribunal want the case against Saddam, who would face 500 charges if prosecutors were to proceed on all counts, to concentrate on more than a dozen thoroughly documented cases that authorities which they believe the ousted leader will be convicted on.

A list obtained from the special tribunal, which will hear the case against Saddam and 11 of his henchmen, showed that prosecutors are now concentrating on 14 cases. Many received international attention during Saddam's three decades in power.


Mic







posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is very good, Mickey.

Is there any defined membership of the "Special Tribunal"?

In the courtroom drama so far Saddam Hussein and his fixed stare and his pointing pen were given the points decision in round one by commentators on legal pugilism.

Caution should be exercised in believing any pre-trial media coverage. Remember the bloodthirsty lynching by the bloody-minded amongst the public, and the trial by media of one Michael Jackson?

Beware of class action by the International League of Incarcerated Hermits.



posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This is very good, Mickey.

Is there any defined membership of the "Special Tribunal"?

In the courtroom drama so far Saddam Hussein and his fixed stare and his pointing pen were given the points decision in round one by commentators on legal pugilism.

Caution should be exercised in believing any pre-trial media coverage. Remember the bloodthirsty lynching by the bloody-minded amongst the public, and the trial by media of one Michael Jackson?

Beware of class action by the International League of Incarcerated Hermits.


Dont worry, i'll be the first to update this when pre-trial becomes the real trial!

But i bet Saddam is charged with every single offence listed above!





top topics
 
0

log in

join