It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple Church

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I dont know if its a secret society or what but in Oklahoma there is a place called the purple church and ive heard alot of stuff about it like people having oocult meetings and such i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I googled it but i couldnt really find anything?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Sorry, I have not. What town is it in?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I belive norman or edmond its near lake draper i think ive looked and looked for info on this im still unsucessfull

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is all I could find... I found this on another web forum, but there were no replies.

"the purple church
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i live in mwc and ive heard of the purple church that is an old abandoned church that is supposivley satanic. ive alsoheard it is haunted.it is located on douglas -i went to find it last week and i found the road that leads to it and it smells so bad out there like something died!!!!! has anyone heard of this or been there? let me know im curious to go there but i could not stand the smell and my friend chickened out"

EDIT: I found something else at www.researchwebcam.com...

The story of the Purple Church has been a high-school students dream party place as long as this investigator can remember. It has all the great features: remote location, mystery, creepiness, and most of all danger.

I had heard the legend of the Purple Church during my high school days. In fact there were several legends of that sort. Most of them, a friend and I had proven wrong. All exceot the Purple Church. While many had claimed to have been there, none could find their way back when asked.

Recently my interest had been rekindled during a conversation. I began searching again following eye-witness reports. After many hours combing about a ten square mile area, down every rough back-woods road we could find, we finally found it. I must admit it was a bit of a shock. The entire time I was asking "where" I also should have been asking "what". I guess I had assumed it'd be an old run-down building resembling a church and possibly colored purple. Wrong. When I first glimpsed it in the distance, I nearly dissmised it. On second look, it proved to be the very place.

The lore:
Floating lights, disembodied voices, evil presences, satanic ritual site, sacrifices, and much much more. Though during our trip, we never saw floating lights, or heard voices, this is what we did find. As we exit the truck, dusk is just setting. We hadn't planned to be out that late, so lacking flahslights we looked over the place. Pentegrams, and other grafiti marred the site lending credence to the ritual lore. Bones littering the surrounding ground, also supporting the sacrifice legends... As an owl hooted in the distance and the sun proceeded to set, we snapped these pics before loadin' up and headin' out.

The Legend Lives.
While this investigator vowed not to venture into the bowels of the Purple Church, I trust it will be as enlightening as the exterior. The decision now rests with the club whether to proceed with this site or not. .

[edit on 23-6-2005 by JonestownRed]

[edit on 22-9-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yea ive heard rumours about that ive also heard they leave like dead animals just hanging from branches... and that there are also beasts that are like really creepy around there like mutated pigs thaat walk on to feet and are 4 feet high... but if anyone else finds anything id apreciate it... im thinking about going out there but im not sure if i want to yet..

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you go... make sure and get some pictures of the inside, unlike the pansy who took the pics in the above website who was too afraid to go in. Anyhow, it looks like some kids with a can of spray paint, but there were animal bones at the site. Sicko kids maybe. Anyone have any ideas as to what a little concrete structure like that might have been originally intended for? Watch out for the mutant pigs bro... ha ha.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
no but my friends sister has been there its got rooms and stuff... she went there but she said she wouldnt bring a camera because one time she wwent out there and some creepy guys grabbed her and patted her down and stuff and said that if she ever brought a camera there theyd kill her... ermm creepy... but if i go i dont really care im going with a video camera and a kodak... i also read that some kids had went down there and got chased out by guys with black robes on and shot guns... but hey those investogators didnt so im debating on if i want to go still thanks for that info

EDIT: It used to be a church what is left of it there is the basement ceellar are i would guess that it was taken out by a tornado...

[edit on 23-6-2005 by inspiringyouth]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hey folks, Erik here from OKCGC. Just found your thread, and noticed the interest in the purple church. I think the most dangerous part of this place is the human factor. There are more than a few of some verifiable reports of nails thrown in the road to intentionally strand drivers out there, as well as shotgun weilding bubbas.

Went back out to the area just over a month ago with a fellow police officer, but appears the area has either been intentionally blocked by ruffage (fallen trees, etc) or no one has cleaned up the area in quite some time.

didn't think to have the bones anazyled at the time, but would have bet the bones were dog.

found that here.. www.blueblood.net... to find parts about the purple chuch just push ctrl+f and type in purple church.. still looking...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I live in MWD also, and I do remember that place. We would drive around the country listening to megadeth or something, and i remember the trees being real spooky like covering the road. Seing that place again would bring back old High School memories. I never can find it either, anyone know where it is exactly. I am 31 years old, and i have lived in mwc all my life. hell, we might know each other.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by pfg777]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
[edit on 16-7-2006 by pfg777]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth
no but my friends sister has been there its got rooms and stuff... she went there but she said she wouldnt bring a camera because one time she wwent out there and some creepy guys grabbed her and patted her down and stuff and said that if she ever brought a camera there theyd kill her... ermm creepy... but if i go i dont really care im going with a video camera and a kodak... i also read that some kids had went down there and got chased out by guys with black robes on and shot guns... but hey those investogators didnt so im debating on if i want to go still thanks for that info

EDIT: It used to be a church what is left of it there is the basement ceellar are i would guess that it was taken out by a tornado...

[edit on 23-6-2005 by inspiringyouth]

that is creepy, but ya sure she wasnt patted down by a bunch of wierdos just trying to cop a feel?

We used to have an old hospital here where i live that was build back in the 30s, and for 20 years it was rundown and abandon, a GREAT place to go hang out as a kid, and a GREAT place for satanist stories to come from as well. but noone really knows what took place in there. Other then a few girls were raped there awhile back. but i believe they caught the guys and determined it wasnt ritual. i was very young when it happened.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well its pretty obvious what this place is used for now. But i too am curious as to what the hell it was originally maybe it was some old civil war bunker or something like that? Most likely i say this is just another of the countless meeting places for members of the black and red hoods. Its as simple as that more or less the black hoods cuz red hoods have way better places to haunt then some little punk kid # shack out in the haunted forest.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yo,

I've been to the Purple Church many times, but haven't actualy gone all the way to the specific site!

So what exactly is "The Purple Church"?

It's the remnants of a burn-down church, prett much only the basement exists at this point.

Why is it called "The Purple Church"?

Well, the rumors that it is a place of Satanic Sacrifice abound, and that the name of the church comes from purple spray-painted occult/satanic symbols and imagery in the area, though I have never seen such.

True Story, a gal I know who has gone all the way there claims to have come across an old bathtub filled with bones and decomposing remains of animals. Nearby were laid out sleeping bags. This should come as no suprise because the area is said to be frequented by the Homeless and Insane.

The Purple Church is actually located in Spencer.

I know the way if anyone wants to meet up sometime. (It's really cool to go there around Halloween)

Even the drive to the church is creepy as large trees overhang the gravel roads creating pitch darkness.

The lore:

It is said that on Saturdays with a Full Moon, a Virgin Sacrifice is made to Satan.

If you ever decide to pay a visit, be forewarned as you will need to bring flashlights, don't chicken out and go during the day! Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as you have to walk a good ways before you actually reach the place. You must, must, must, be taken there by someone who knows the area as there is no "sign" advertizing the place and the area is private property.

The sparse people who live in the area are quite strange, think of "The Hills have eyes", but less deformity.

If anybody would like to go on a "Haunted Tour" of the Metro, let me know.

Here are a few of my favorite "spooky-Okie" places:

The Skirvin Hotel (It's Haunted by a former maid named "Effie", I was told the story directly from a man who claimed to be a one-time owner of the building back in the late 80's. I've written a few documents online about this, but many of the sites refuse to give me credit as the author and just put "submitted by anonymous" -those bastards! Check em' out if you want.)

Cry-Baby Bridge

The Haunted House Resturant (Husband murdered in the home, daughter missing and never seen of again. It is believed she killed him and fled. His ghost is said to haunt the home, which has now been converted into a resturanted called "The Haunted House".)

The Potato Factory - The factory is now open, but through the nineties it was an old abandoned complex where satanic rituals were practiced, unsolved murders committed, and several sighting of "Men in Hooded-Robes". The drive to the place is almost like that of "The Purple Church", meaning spooky trees hang over the road and block out light.

Again, if anyone wants to meet up and go there sometime, -I'm game! I love meeting cool people who are into stuff like this. Scary stuff gives me that "gut-orgasm" that you get when riding a roller-coaster, I Luv It!

Peace-Out

-jase
www.myspace.com/chubbyjase

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Has anyone been back to the church after the oghs? jace i think we may have gone to school togather. How far in is the "basement"?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
ok yea the purple church is totally real..
heres how to get to it, i wouldnt go their if i were you....

go down 63rd twords midwest blvd, you'll pass a bridge and its the first left after it...its a real narrow street with houses on it at first with alot of trees...
if you see a mattress on the left your on the right track, you will see couches along the way also.

it curves around to the right, and you park on the left in the lil gravel area by the white metal fence..
go through the fence walk down the gravel road, it will end a ways down, keep walking..follow the paths other ppl took, its past all the big trees..

i went out their lastnight, and got to the big trees and i turned around and saw 2 cars had came and parked next to mine, so i went back and on the way i had to run secretly through the feild cause people started to chase us with flashlights, and shotguns...# that

if i ever go back, it will be in the daytime

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Sounds interesting but I would caution to believe everything you read about it since stories and rumours are more fun than fact.

I was going to make a joke that the Purple Church is where the singer Prince goes to pray.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
you are correct, the purple church is located in Spencer, OK; a meer 20 minute drive from OKC/Del City on Douglas Blvd. I have been there 3 times 1 as of earlier this evening. On this particalar halloween myself and a friend of mine went in search of the infamous purple church. On our journey down Douglas Blvd we encountered a few EMF interferences. We have our whole encounter documented via 8mm video camera. If youd be interested in more on the story feel free to contact me via message.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Next time you or anyone else goes there, do not park next to the property - park down the street somewhere so your car's presence won't provoke interest.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
yea can i get a hold of your vid from the purple church scouting

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hey get back at me about the purple church, [email protected]

I have a paranormal investigations group

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join