It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Marijuana Flavored Candy Angers Anti-Drug Advocates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
All you retards who are against this candy for the sake of children are ignorant

Read the bold words.
Ok, first of all who says candy is for children?
Any of it? Its GARBAGE
Parents who make the decision to feed their kids trash are morons, people who think that feeding children chemical body rot in multiple colors are imbeciles.

The world is not going to stop so that children will be safe.

Get over that lie the government has been feeding your for god knows how long.
NOTHING IS FOR THE CHILDREN
You...yeah you with the car, you leaving any clean air for the children, no I didn't think so.
But you will whine and cry that there is a pot flavored sugar treat. That kids might buy.

What ignorance, what shallow stupidity!

If you don't want to give your kid candy, don't, but don't even think of making
decisions for the rest of us

Haven't you done that enough with sitting there bobbing your head "ok" as over 10 Million Americans have been arrested, jailed, fined, their property taken, their kids taken, their lives ruined by the laws you think are just fine and dandy because it doesn't effect you?

Laws against plants and culture are fine for you huh?
Put the world in nice groupings for your doesn't it?

"Drug user" or "the rest of us"

Is it because it effects mostly those colored folk or some other stereotype you have in your head?

I'm sure you are full of excuses for your police state bigotry.
Full of it, for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

All you retards who are against this candy for the sake of children are ignorant

Gee legalizer, speaking for all the retards on this sight thanks for that incredibly insane rant like response, but in fairness I read all the bold words like you asked and this is what it spells out:

Retards candy children ignorant garbage nothing is for the children children

So thanks for your putting your point across in a calm and well thought out manner.

Considering your screen name I would highly suggest smoking a lot more pot a lot lot lot more pot and calm down, if you're hit with cotton mouth help yourself to a pot flavored loli, but I think some gatorade would hit the spot better.

By the way, being against a pot flavored candy doesn't make you a biggot, assuming people who disagree with you are ignorant or evil actually makes you the biggot.

SPiderj

[edit on 6/22/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
He must have skipped my post about "ad hominems".

Legalizer, I agree with you on some counts - that we shouldn't take away adults' rights because of spurious suppositions about how children may be affected, when the suppositions are based on logical fallacies such as post hoc or false cause.

I agree that there are far more dangerous hazzards to children than pot lollipops or even marijuana itself. (For instance, alcohol.)

I also agree, to some extent, that kids are going to be subjected to all kinds of crazy stuff in their lifetimes and protecting them from things as children only puts off the inevitable, in some cases, and in many cases it robs the children of their ability to strengthen themselves through experience. (Talkin' about purple marks on their papers and stuff here.)

So, while you have some good points, I think the forum members would appreciate a little more relaxed response than that you presented.

Zip

[edit on 6/22/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What's next?
Cold medicine that is mostly alcohol?

Oops they already have that.

Marijuana is much less toxic than alcohol and probably tobacco too.
Im not sure its a great idea to have hemp flavored candy though.
No cases of marijuana poisoning, unlike alcohol.

This is where all the cultural bigots shine.

'We only accept culturally traditional drugs, even if they happen to be more toxic.'
Can you say the US is a stupid country? Oh Yeah, you can say the US is a stupid country.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Legalizer, i thought it was a pretty great reply, myself..
not insane, and well thought-out, even.
hell yeah.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Marijuana lollipops? Oh noooo. How evil!!!

Please folks, lets just stick to legal products that are much less harmful (cough…) such as alcohol and Oxy-Contin!!!!

Yeah, that’s the ticket!!!

THE HECK WITH AMERICA’S YOUTH!!!

Why should we suck on lollipops and open our eyes and mind when we can suck on a beer or suck some Oxy-Contin up the nose!!!

Geesh!!! What’s wrong with you people???

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This world is on the brink of a global war and you guys are arguing like a bunch of little uninformed whack jobs about pot candy.......

Id say we need a reality check on our priorities.

This is so insignificant. You are bitching about a flavor. A FLAVOR FOR CHRIST SAKES!

Get a grip people.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Nobody here sees that it is the usual Hegalian rubbish, a new product, a new way to make even worse junk laws? Obviously there is a quo bono here, and it is not the candy company, it smells like bad government.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
This world is on the brink of a global war and you guys are arguing like a bunch of little uninformed whack jobs about pot candy.......

Id say we need a reality check on our priorities.

This is so insignificant. You are bitching about a flavor. A FLAVOR FOR CHRIST SAKES!

Get a grip people.

Excellent point! :-) Although I think the "pot lolly" does envoke a lot of emotion on people as the use of marijuana seems to be a hot topic [still!]. Marijuana is "America's dirty little secret." I'm hard-pressed to find anyone who hasn't at least tried it. My personal opinion about these lolly-pops is that it's a gimmick. Plain and simple. I've tried the tequilla-flavored lollies [have one at home, actually] and I don't believe the taste is the selling point. The selling point is what it's SUPPOSED to taste like, but I don't feel that it does.

I have one more thing to add. If you are raising a child and this sort of thing [pot-flavored items, etc.] worries you, I pity your child. This is going to offend you, but I feel sorry that your child is being raised by corporate America and the government instead of you. I feel bad for children whose parents want to shut down certain cartoons or take certain toys off of the shelves as opposed to focusing on parenting. We seem to live in a country where mainstream television has assumed the role of babysitter and teacher.

-freethinking1

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is the News Forum, guys. Decorum please.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

There are more than 70 million people in the United States who smoke marijuana

Wow, had no idea that many people smoke!!
The population of the US is like 300 million....that's a little under 25% of all Americans. That's alot of criminals
...what if they all got busted

Who cares if it taste like marijuana, if you don't like it, don't eat it!!
If all of those seventy million americans who smoke marijuana walked into the police stations in their respective communities and lit up, demanding arrest and incarceration on the same day.....marijuana would be made legal......think about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
what about marijuana scented cologne as a new product? It certainly would eliminate the lingering odor of pot smoke as a tell-tale indication of illegal pot use....and it is certainly less offensive than pachouli oil.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
bah i think i recall snoop coming out with his own chronic flavored candy or something when i saw him on tv a couple months ago.

don't they also sell candy that looks like and that you can even puff on that looks just like a cigarette...?

[edit on 22-6-2005 by boombye]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Like eating cheesecake without the cream cheese! It doesnt hurt anything, but whats the point?

Will people be looking forward to going home to their basements to chew on the candy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join