It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Marijuana Flavored Candy Angers Anti-Drug Advocates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Meant to reply to that also, thanx...........
==================
odd said

"in fact, a lot of my friends find the taste appalling... i know one girl that can't take a single hit without gagging. "
==================
This was becuase of the taste as opposed to, oh I don't know ........ BREATHING SMOKE INTO ONES LUNGS !?!?!?!?

ugh

Misfit

[edit on 21-6-2005 by Misfit]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Where do you people get this idea that all pot tastes the same? Does all your food tastet the same? Does all your liquids taste the same?

Well misfit I have to say that's one of the more insulting replies I've read here. What's with the "you people" where in my post do you get the idea that I do not or have never smoked marijauna.

The statement you made to me puts you in exactly the same category as the "close minded uninformed" people you think you are fighting against.

As for the different tastes and quality of different strains of pot, the taste you get in your mouth with high grade marijuana is a residual taste after a chemical reaction caused by fire. The taste in your mouth is different than the actual taste of the pot. You of course are not actually tasting the pot, go ahead pop a bud in your mouth and chew it, yummy huh.

Actual pot candy would be nasty, and let's face it pretty stupid really.

I say this as a man who owns quite a few hemp products and has been to a few festivals and there are just certain things you can do with hemp that you shouldn't like make candy out of it.

And unfortunately no matter what you think Misfit it is an incredibly bad idea to let an eight year old suck on a pot flavored lolipop, if you can't see that then you're not thinking clearly.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hmm, so many levels.

Anyone remember when it was common to find candy cigarrettes on every store shelf? Now they are no where to be found. So there is precedence of removing from temptation the "Illegal candy". But really? How many of the kids that had candy cigs started smoking because of them? I did start smoking but had nothing to do with the candy I ate. Everything to do with my hanging with a wilder crowd 4 years older than me.

However these are to be sold to 18+ year olds. So, these are people who are old enough to know the difference between candy and real stuff, and old enough to pay the piper if they get caught doing something illegal. And if you have to be 18+, then giving them to kids would be similar to giving cigs to kids. "Contributing to the delinquecy of a minor" right?

Regarding the paranoia for marijuana, well, most of the paranoia I have know people to have has mostly to do with the fact that it is illegal and fear of getting arrested. How much of the paranoia would exist if there wasn't an inherent fear of arrest. After all, how comfortable is a shoplifter? Their paranoia level is pretty high as well, from fear of being caught.

Even with an general increased paranoia levels, still beats the heck out of the side effects of most prescription medications. "May cause heart attack in people that walk more than 5 steps in one hour" or whatever the latest warning on drugs are. When the list of DEADLY side-effects outnumber the problems being solved....Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

But really? How many of the kids that had candy cigs started smoking because of them?

I used to love those and yeah I smoke but not because of candy cigs, but also remember they weren't cigarette flavored they were peppermint flavored.

I'm telling you pot flavored candy is just not an appealing idea, even if you're over eighteen why (unless you're attempting to make some sort of statement) would you want a pot flavored lolipop.

really what's more appealing in this line up, Chocolate blowpop, lime chuppa, cherry lifesaver, potpop.

Really are you going for the pot-pop?

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Misfit:
Where do you people get this idea that all pot tastes the same? Does all your food tastet the same? Does all your liquids taste the same?
========================
Spiderj:
Well misfit I have to say that's one of the more insulting replies I've read here. What's with the "you people" where in my post do you get the idea that I do not or have never smoked marijauna.
-----
"You people" implies just that, referring to my question - having the idea of all pot tasting nasty. Take all the niks of those stating it tastes nasty, and you have "you people".
"You people" is insulting? Ugh, you make it sound as if I batched you into a group of raging homicidal idiot humans.
Where in my post did you get me saying you don't/have never smoked?
========================
Spiderj:
The statement you made to me puts you in exactly the same category as the "close minded uninformed" people you think you are fighting against.
-----
Um, what? I think this juvenile onslought against pot flavored candy is energy wasted, that people who DO wish this candy should have it if they desire. Yep, real close-minded. Granted, I would also be a advocate that it be an adult novelty, being the connotations of "candy = good / real = good" does not sit with me concearning corporate marketing, if the target is the kid and not the adult. Analogy would be, I would be against a soft drink geared towards kids, but in a beer bottle labeled "BudKid Soda", complete with Cleisdales.
=======================
Spiderj:
Actual pot candy would be nasty, and let's face it pretty stupid really.
----
C'mon eh, do you honselty think they are going to make their candy to SELL having the taste derived from chewing on a bud, or the taste derived from smoking?
=======================
Spiderj
And unfortunately no matter what you think Misfit it is an incredibly bad idea to let an eight year old suck on a pot flavored lolipop, if you can't see that then you're not thinking clearly.
----
What is the difference bewteen this and candy cigs? (still sold, as were 30+ years ago)(referr to "close minded uninformed" paragraph for my stance).

Misfit

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You people" implies just that, referring to my question - having the idea of all pot tasting nasty. Take all the niks of those stating it tastes nasty, and you have "you people".

Well I'm not going to go round and round about semantics and definitions but when you say "you people" saying that I believe all pot tastes the same you assume I don't know what I'm talking about you make a blanket generalzation when my point is valid, the point is Pot flavored candy is not going to taste like sweet bud out of a bong or a doob, it's going to taste like a tequila lolipop, good in theory but short on taste.

Also, am I the only one that finds your posting format a little hard to follow?

It's okay to be an advocate of marijuana and marijuana rights and be against the mass marekting or even the idea of a pot flavored lolipop.

When you type "You People" in a reply after quoting my post is certainly meant to mean you were lumping me in with people you feel don't know what they're talking about.

YOu made a generalization based on an assumption, you were wrong, a person with real character would apologize and move on instead of attack.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Spiderj,

Posting - the quote function fails me in this section, hence I just break it into paragraphed replies.

We will simply be devoid of an apology. My term of "you people" you seem to be taking as a derrogetory statement, when all I am referring to is the many numbers here that claim (having never tasted the damn candy itself) that it will taste nasty.

I still fail to understand, nor have gotten a reply, as to why you believe a company producing a candy in order to make a profit is going to make it taste nasty? Does that not seem illogical to you whatsoever?

Misfit

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I still fail to understand, nor have gotten a reply, as to why you believe a company producing a candy in order to make a profit is going to make it taste nasty? Does that not seem illogical to you whatsoever?

It's not that they arent going to try and make it taste good, it's just not going to taste good and it certainly won't be as refreshing as say some lovely tropical flavored lolipop.

As for the you people thing, when you say you people directly after quoting me it's most certainly directed at me, how can it not, it was commenting specifically on my statement.

candy cigarettes don;t taste like cigarettes, ever had a tequila lolipop?

I have, they're nasty and I love and I mean Loooveeee tequila.

Pot lolipops are simply a way to give the hemp movement some pr, it is not going to be the next big thing.

Can you honestly say to me that when looking for a tasty piece of candy the pot-pop is going to be your first choice?

Come on, over a chuppa or blow pop? Really?

And certainly you shouldn't apologize if you don't want to, but needless to say if I made a mistake about someone I'd be the first to apologize instead of rationalise, but again your call.

Spiderj

Odd

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
what about those harry potter jelly beans with the vomit and booger flavored ones mixed in?

they seem to be doing all right.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've smoked marijuana many, many times for many years. I hardly do it anymore, but I've NEVER cared for the taste. In fact, I think it tastes awful. And the smell sometimes can be equal to that of fecal matter. I can't imagine anyone enjoying this candy without the added bonus of getting high. People don't smoke pot because it smells or tastes good. Now... sniffing gasoline is a different story. Thats one of my favorite smells! I've always dreamed of a drink that smelled like gasoline and tasted as good as gas smells! (gas is petrol for all my English friends!)

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

what about those harry potter jelly beans with the vomit and booger flavored ones mixed in?

Yeah but that's kids playing russian roullette with their taste buds, they don't sell bags of booger and vomit flavored candy, and sometimes these flavors are not in the bertie bots, it really is a roll the dice take your chances kind of thing.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Whatever Spiderj.

You seem hell bent on making this "you people" deal as some kind of defamation.

You said, as many others, that it would taste nasty.

You plus the others making the same statement equals you people, as opposed to typing each nik that said it tastes nasty.

Bud, this is not about racial slurs, gender bias, religious discord, etc, etc - it was replacing the names of several making the same comment with "you people".

Smoke a fat one or something, you have taken off on a rant about something that does not exist.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Bud, this is not about racial slurs, gender bias, religious discord, etc, etc - it was replacing the names of several making the same comment with "you people".

"Bud" I get it, that's funny. Well I certainly understand you a lot better now.

Spiderj

[edit on 6/21/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In any case, the fact that many people here think the candy would taste bad is irrelevant. There is a market for this. There are people out there that like the taste of pot whether or not you do.

This thread has been subjected to a couple of different "logical fallacies" so far. For example, we have seen:

Ad hominems -

"If you don't smoke weed, you have no idea what you're talking about."
"If you smoke weed, you're a loser and your stupid claims are biased."

False cause through association -

"These candies taste like pot. Therefore, more youths will pick up potsmoking habits because of these candies."

Argument from ignorance -

"No one has proven such and such about pot, therefore it's not true."

Guys, please stop the freakin' insanity. If you are offering your opinion, try not to intertwine it with an argument - you are likely to have your post fall into one of the several categories of "logical fallcy."

Zip

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Now... sniffing gasoline is a different story. Thats one of my favorite smells! I've always dreamed of a drink that smelled like gasoline and tasted as good as gas smells! (gas is petrol for all my English friends!)

hahaha, that was great dude!

I don't even know what else to say lol.

Wha'evah floats yer goat I say

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
From my perspective I think MJ is great. It has multiple uses and if you manage to have a hand in the growing cycle, you can get really sweet bud. I have never understood the anti-cannibus mentality, but I must admitt the concept of MJ flavoured candy is, well, piticular.

I have cooked with it, and it isn't bad, but still vap'ing or bong is the only way to go.

Heck, why worry about kid's? They are aware of it long before many think they are.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Guys, please stop the freakin' insanity. If you are offering your opinion, try not to intertwine it with an argument - you are likely to have your post fall into one of the several categories of "logical fallcy."

um isn't the whole point of this sight to come here with opinions and then argue your viewpoint?

I think flavor has a lot to do with it. I don't neccessarily agree that a kid who eats a pot flavored lolipop will automatically smoke pot, but I certainly don't think it helps.

As for taste, i think taste is very important, why would you market something other than a novelty unless you plan on making lots of money on it and in the candy game taste is everything.

As mentioned before it's meant for the over 18 crowd but then again i was buying cigarettes at sixteen and beer with fake id before i was 21 so i don't see how saying eighteen and over helps.

This is certainly a place where parental supervision is needed, i wouldn't let my kid eat a pot flavored lolipop (if i had a kid that is) and it certainly wouldn't be my choice for a snack.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that the kind of drug discussion some people are getting into here violates the T&C.

Anyways, I wanted to list a few things here that are for sale in the U.S.

If you are against these candies, perhaps you aren't aware of all of these products sold here:

"Legal buds - wizard smoke"

"Krypto Smoke" -

Highest Quality, Ultra potent,
Super STRONG. Get it now! After 1,032
experiments on 128 Hybrids and over
2 million dollars in sustained development
costs we bring you Krypto. You gotta try it!

Actually, there's just so much stuff like this that I'm not going to bother listing any more.

Zip

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
does any of that stuff actually get you high?

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

As mentioned before it's meant for the over 18 crowd but then again i was buying cigarettes at sixteen and beer with fake id before i was 21 so i don't see how saying eighteen and over helps.

If they are around influences that BUY these kinds of candy FOR them, then chances are they will probably end up trying the real deal some day anyways, regardless...

But some guy just handing out weedypops to kids on Halloween with a big 'ol stoner smile on their face I highly doubt will corrupt our youth....They'll give it a lick and throw it away....

Besides - What friggin kid do you know who likes to eat green things??

I say more power to them...We DO have the ability to enforce laws in this country, IF they're taken seriously by the consumer and the retailer....

At any rate, during spring break I saw one of these suckers in a Purple Haze store in Panama City Beach....

I was...um...shopping for….a "utensil"....yeeeah.....

And I saw them "suckers"...And said - nuh uh....Hell no....I have nothing against the flavor personally, but I don't want to go sucking on some weed flavored lolly pop while I'm just hanging around....Why? But I wouldn’t deny others their right to do so if they wished….

Besides, I'd get confused...I mean - What?! No cotton mouth?

does any of that stuff actually get you high?

Only the "suckers" get high

[edit on 6/21/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join