It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest over plans for lunar station!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Some Germans have protested at the construction of a lunar station, announced by George Bush, after they bought plots on the moon 3 years ago for 30 Deutschmarks. Tom Cruise even bought 1800 feet for $48,000! I didn't know people could actually buy parts of the moon! Who did they buy it from? Who can claim they own the moon? Just because America first landed there doesn't mean they can claim as their moon!!!
Anyway whats the point of buying a plot? We wont be sending people to the moon anytime soon. Well those Ansari X space race winners are doing commercial flights in 2009 but it will be pricey. 7UP are also running a competition soon to give one lucky winner a ticket to go on the voyage!

Links:
Mr. Bush, keep of our moon!

White knight preps for new mission

Space Race news!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
dude, ease up. the moon isnt ours, we may say it is, but were idiots, dont believe anything our govnt says. just relax, its probably nothing anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Anyone interested in buying the Brooklyn bridge?

Same things goes for this scam, selling property on moon, mars , etc. He claims the Moon, and as I recall you have to work the claim in order to keep it? So when did he go to the Moon and plant a Reality Flag into it and claim it, not to mention Mars and the rest.

Like a pet ROCK people do the strangest things, to make money.

Michael

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
- its funny how stupid people are.

You cany buy the moon...ITS ALL A BIG HOAX!

Also, theres some Irony, Atomix complains that America doesn't own the moon, then posts a link that says "Mr. Bush, Keep Off Our Moon"...it didn't say the moon, it sqaid our moon.;..are they impling that Germany owns the moon?

The moon is like antartica...many nations have scientific outposts on it...theres no land disputes because no one owns it, and its illegal for militarization. They same rules should go for the moon as well.

BUT, if anyone "owns" the moon it of course would be the United States, being the only country to set foot apon it.

People will fall for anything...I was thinking about selling clouds...but I figured I might get sued if a cloud that I sold, caused a flood.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-Angel

Like a pet ROCK people do the strangest things, to make money.

That is so true. Ile that episode of the simpsons where Lisa tries to sell Homer a rock

Lisa: See this rock? It keeps tigers away. Would you like to buy it?
Homer: Lisa, don't be silly. Im not stupid enough to fall for that.
Lisa: Well, I don't see any tingers around here. do you?
Homer: I'll give you 10 bucks..........

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Some Germans have protested at the construction of a lunar station, announced by George Bush, after they bought plots on the moon 3 years ago for 30 Deutschmarks. Tom Cruise even bought 1800 feet for $48,000! I didn't know people could actually buy parts of the moon! Who did they buy it from? Who can claim they own the moon? Just because America first landed there doesn't mean they can claim as their moon!!!

Who officially owns the Moon?

Heres a link to my Moon thread where several people describe that the whole 'Buy An Acre Of The Moon' thing is a load of rubbish.

People who have bought it should know that it is just a novelty item.

And if Tom Cruise has spent $48,000 then hes a fool!

Mic

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. The concept that Tom Cruise "owns" a part of the moon is laughable. If Tom actually believes that he "owns" a lot on the moon would prove that even Scientologists can be overcome by their irrationality. The sale of lots on the moon is nothing more than a fad gimmick produced and marketed by clever entrepeneurs preying upon the lighthearted and the feeble-,minded. There is a company presently that will actually NAME a star for you; registering the name you? provide for a fee. Could someone actually believe that these names will be the official names? Ignorance Abounds

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And if Tom Cruise has spent $48,000 then hes a fool!

Ahh...he's just one year away from being a pedophile....

Is it just me, or does that whole Katie Holmes "ever since I was a little girl I wanted to marry Tom Cruise" bit just CREEP you out???

This is pushing it for the May/December bit, yet the press is totally sopping it all up like a sponge....

There's something REALLY creepy here, but I just can't put my finger on what else it is...(though likely to do with equally creepy Scientology)....

Anyhoo...back to it...

No, nobody owns the moon, it's a gimmick.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
After careful consideration and numerous meetings with powerful people, Ive come to the conclusion that MickeyDee owns the moon. And he holds the gods kitchen or whatever festival there with Lisa Lashes!!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
After careful consideration and numerous meetings with powerful people, Ive come to the conclusion that MickeyDee owns the moon. And he holds the gods kitchen or whatever festival there with Lisa Lashes!!

Oh i so wish that was true!

Me and Lisa on a heavenly body all alone with the sweet sweet sound of Hard House pounding in the background!

Sheer Bliss!

Mic

top topics

join