It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilty by association.

page: 1

join
share:
dez

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello all,
New member, first post so I'll give a short bio.
I've always been fascinated by 'cover ups' and things of that nature, recently I stopped working because I'd saved up enough money to pay bills and such until I get to college in August. This has given me a ton of time to focus on one of my hobbies which is reading up on esoteric information, mainly regarding aliens but also containing cryptozoology and things of that nature. I dont necessarilly beleive everything I read but I always keep an open mind and give everything the courtesy of asking "what if...".
The subject I'd like to address though is generalizing and stereotyping aliens. I cant say they are 'just like us' but I woulduassume they do have individual goals and aspiriations(depsite what I've read about some greys who seem to be part of a "hive mind" set up) regarding this, I think we should keep in mind that it's possible that not every grey is here to splice our genetics and make a clone out of us. It would make sense to wager that the reason you hear people who have been abducted report so many contradicting stories on the agendas of their abducters is because their abducters actually do have different agendas despite being of the same species. Just like us.
This doesnt help to clear anything up, or make things less confusing as to why aliens are visiting, but I think just out of fairness for another living being we should concider that they are not all "bad" and that some may be here to help or educate.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Welcome aboard

That's a rather interesting point of view that I at least have never considered. But one thing to keep in mind though is that the "abductors" may still be associated close enough to where they do share a fairly common goal, like our military for example. While the entire race may not be bad or good, maybe the ones they send are.

dez

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Indeed, I should have clarified that a bit. Most abductors probably are splicing genetics. I should have said we shouldn't judge the entire race just based on the abducters.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I tend to agree with you . Many reports all over the world, would indicate no outright hostility to Humans, however , some do.

So as to motives it really will be speculation. But judging from what evidence I have seen , it would seem that , their primary motive is not to take over our planet.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Dez,

I've noticed that people, often, fall into a rut where, with little information, they start to catalogue types of aliens and make authoritative statements about alien intentions. This bothers me a great deal because -- and this is especially true if you look at a lot of the reports from the 50s and 60s -- the raw data that we have does not necessarily imply that something we can readily understand is going on. If, anything, we're looking at a phenomena that is either deliberately confusing or simply a step or two above human understanding (and, even then, there is no reason to believe that all consciousness works in progressive 'stages' and that the aliens are just one stage ahead of us... it may very well turn out that they have an entirely alien psyche).

Ultimately, I think that UFOlogists and people on ATS have to make sure that they avoid turning aliens into 'cartoon' figures with easily understood -- and comfortable -- motives and attitudes. In this day and age, however, it seems like the trend is to describe/portray aliens as something out of a Star Trek episode (that is, beings with humanesque consciousnesses but vaguely non-human bodies). The UFO/ET phenomena is, first and foremost, a mystery... and the key to the mystery is that we are dealing with minds that may, perhaps, perceive the universe in a way that is very different from the way our minds perceive it.

new topics

top topics

join