It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOINC Statistics Signature Generator Available!! (beta release)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi all,

Since I gave Rren instructions on how to set up one of those BOINC statistics signatures, like I have, I thought it was fair I'd let everyone know how to do it.

The script uses the BOINC WAP statistics feed (ususally for cell phones), which are more up to date than the normal XML statistics. The script is based on the Boincwapstats script, but is a bit modified by me. I still have a few things I want to change about the script, that's why it runs on my own server, instead of the ATS server.

When a signature pic is created, the URL (address) of the image is quite large, I somehow want to modify the code so the URL's will be much smaller. Also, each time the image is loaded, it runs a query on both my and the SETI@home server. I somehow want to store the images so they are only generated once an hour, which is more than enough.
So things might change and thing might not work for a few days while I'm testing new modifications. I won't be working on te code for at least two weeks, I'm busy with college stuff, so for now the code is stable and should run without any problems.

I dont know how much bandwidth and stress this script puts on the server, so I've set a daily maximum of 5,000 impressions. When it reaches that, the code will be generated by other Boincwapstat servers, which can be much slower.

You can create a signature at the following page:

www.air-attack.com...

What you need is your ID/account number(s) of the BOINC project(s) you participate in. You should have got them by email, if not, check the ATS team of that project, like our SETI@home team: setiathome.berkeley.edu...

Look up your name, and put the cursor on your username. Your ID number will than be displayed in the status bar like this: files.abovetopsecret.com...

The rest should be pretty easy, just play a bit this the color settings until you get it right. You can also add a background image to the signature image, but the text usually gets very hard to read.

Remember that signature images can't be that tall, so its best to choose either the Small Counter or the Summary signature.

After the background image is generated, copy the full URL (NOT the HTML one) and put it in your signature, with of course the IMG tags in front and behind it, like so:

[ img ]http://www.air-attack.com/boincwapstats/summary.php?name=ATS-Paul&team=AboveTopSecret
&seti=3167826&einstein=80264&ctx=darkred&cva=black[ /img ]

If you have any questions, just U2U me.

ZM

[edit on 6-21-2005 by Zion Mainframe]

join