It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Missing Boy Scout Found Alive in Utah

page: 1

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:11 PM
The 11-year-old Boy Scout Brennan Hawkins who went missing Friday from a Utah camp has been found alive by search teams. Early reports indicate that he is in good health, considering the time he spent alone in the wilderness. The finding of the boy alive is practically a miracle due to the roughness of the terrain; most children who disappear in settings like this are never found alive or dead.
KAMAS, Utah — A volunteer firefighter told FOX Tuesday that a missing Boy Scout has been found alive in Utah.

Searchers in the area where Brennan Hawkins was located said he had no major injuries, however it could not be confirmed.

The 11-year-old boy vanished from a Boy Scout camp in the Uinta Mountains on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a miracle, it's so refreshing to see a story like this turn out with a good ending, since so many end up so tragically.

Related Discussion Threads:

[edit on 6/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:26 PM
Just yesterday, I was thinking about him. Worried about the poor kid.
I said to myself "he's a boyscout" he's better equipped to handle the situation than even the average adult.!

Good News

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:31 PM
I'm just glad he didn't encounter wild animals. Or else he knew exactly what to do and where to hide. But then again, I don't really know which animals are native to Utah.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:55 PM
Here's what I found about the wild animals there:

...carnivores such as coyotes, cougar, black bear, lynx and a few wolverine.

Not sure if that's a comprehensive list.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:22 PM
This is great news, I kept seeing pictures of this kid, and getting bummed out because I assumed he was dead somewhere, if not in the clutches of some creep.

Always nice to see news like this!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:51 PM
I am a Utah'n. I was very upsett by this boy gone missing. I have a 12 year old boy scout myself, and after the poor boy (Garrett B.) that was NEVER found last year, this recent event was horrifying!
I know the Kamas area well.......some rough terrain indeed.
This was such a relief, to know this boy is safe, and back with his family where he belongs.
Scarey few days.......I am glad its over.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:06 PM
So... how did the poor kid surives?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:11 PM
I'm assuming he gets his survival badge now. Heck, he should get every badge and be made Eagle Scout...holy crap!

I'm happy. *valhall dances a jig*

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:10 PM
i am so happy to hear this news, i was talking with my husband about the child and said he had been missing for 2 weeks, then when i read the article i realized it had been 4 days, i swear it felt like 2 weeks i can only imagine how long it felt for his parents and relatives. praise God. it's nice to hear some good news. i agree with earlier post honorary eagle scout is in order. what a brave lad and how cute he asked for video games how 11 year old is that
im just happy for all his relatives and all the people involved with the search.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:22 AM
I don't know about miracles, but these parents have to be hugely relieved.
The Universe doesn't always do things the way we would desire, but these parents won't have to live with the void of a lost child in there lives.

In the end we all die, and life is pretty short to boot,

so make hay while the sun shines,
You won't be able to acomplish or enjoy anything once you are dead,
So get busy [if you are so inclined].

PS. I am glad for them all.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by slank]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
Oh man....
........I just saw an interview localy with the boys perants. They claim he said that from the very first day he could hear and SEE the people looking for him and calling his name. He HID from these people on purpose........he thought they were trying to kidnapp him! He said that the main things on his mind were to STAY on the path, and avoid strangers at all cost........

Good heavens I am shaking my head at this revelation. Whats a boy to do when he has had pounded into his head to AVIOD strange people, especially if they knew his name and he had no idea who they were........

The first thing he said to his family was "where are my Pokemon Cards?"

The family is being interviewed right now on a local tv station....Brennon is saying nothing, and stareing at his shoes. The perants are perky and look very Brennon is sitting down at the familys feet. I can't tell if he is being very shy, or acting like he feels guilty, poor kid......just give him his pokemon cards allready......
He stayed warm at night wearing his pokemon hoody sweatshirt, wich he had with him being his favorite piece of clothing.
They say Brennon is not ready to tell his story being overwhelmed by all this attention.

The GOOD thing also coming of this, is the combined efforts at finding this boy. After never finding Garret last year........Utah is really coming together with search and rescue operations, espescially concerning children.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:53 PM
Something does not feel right about this. The boy goes missing for four days. He avoids search parties intentionally and shows little remorse for his behavior. This episode needs further investigation. Reminds me of the "missing bride" depocable.

new topics

top topics