It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Iraqi people happy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ive been debating this thought myself, if we really brought freedom to that country then why do the citizens keep attacking our troops. Maybe they dont think they were liberated in the first place, if an army came to america and blew our buildings up, destroyed our economy and military would we be happy? Or is it that the our military destroyed their government and replaced it with a nazi like rule, remember all those police we supposedly set up over there. In my opinion they are waking up to the fact that america is a puppet for the NWO. And on another note I love how we must send peace keepers to other countries now, or should I say enforcers of the supreme will. Anyways if anyone would like to add to these thoughts Id love to hear.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
hmm for some reason it posted my debate twice, oh well. And the title was supposed to say "Why AREN'T the iraqi people happy".

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
youve got to remmeber that there will always be a faction that yearns for the old system.mainly because they had privelage and could do what they wanted and had money and crap on the little guy. now thats been taken from them and they are just like every one else. the people that are now killing us troops are the ones from saddams tribe, they are the ones that lost the most.
They think that by killing us troops that they will be able to get back the old way of doing things, but that aint going to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
thats a good point, same as if your making a lot of money here and someone supposedly free's you from your government and destroys everything you have. Chances are your not going to be very happy about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They actually had things far better under Saddam.

These days there is hardly any electricity, hardly any fresh water, and the streets are far less safer (there is now an explosion of street crime in Iraq). US troops are regularly killing Iraqi civilians by mistake (at checkpoints, etc), and people don't feel safe.

They might have had a terrible system under Saddam, but they knew where they stood. Now, they have a foreign occupier (who coincidentally has been the main culprit in 12 years of crippling UN sanctions against their people) and the Americans don't even treat them with any respect.

Go figure why they are pissed off. As terrible and injust as Saddam's rule was, he was one of THEM. The U.S. has no experience in this type of nation-building, they should get the hell out and let the UN clean up after their war crimes.

Just like always.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

and the streets are far less safer

You call the Feyadeen walking up to someone and just whacking their head off safe?

Suffice to say though...this administration better get their # together over there.... It still amazes me how well they are able to keep this crap from the main media outlets.... Amazes...and scares me at the same time...

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Other than knowing where "they stood," they were better off under Saddam.....all because of no electricity or water, killing by mistake, etc? Or is it simply because they are in the midst of government change and rebuilding destroyed infrastructure, which mind you, was mostly done by Saddam during and prior to him 'disappearing."
And what exactly is defined as "this type of nation building" that the US has no knowledge or experience at?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let the UN clean up? LMAO. When has the UN cleaned up after anything, let alone did anything right?

I say we pull out, get Saddam, put him back in power, and cut him a check and an apology. Case settled. Happy gassing, raping, or whatever the hell his regime did, thats thier business, if they didnt like him, they would have overthrown him years ago.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Skadi...
I think I could and would go along with that myself.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wasnt aware there were different types of nation building.

We didnt have any trouble pulling Germany and Japan out of the rubble. They are now fierice economic competotors. After world war 2, they were heaps of rubble, germany split in half. We were the only ones with any money elft after the battles, so the obligation for reconstruction fell on our shoulders.

Germany and Japan seem to be faring well. But it wasnt an overnight process.

Same thing here. Personally, we shouldnt even be in Iraq. But since that aint gonna change, looks like were stuck rebuilding.

And, as has been pointed out, Saddam wasnt exactly running the country at full power either.

The LAST thing we need in there is the UN. Thier track record, well, lol, lets not go there.

Seriously though, if they want Saddam back, then, well, I think we should honor thier request. Many a dumb American was under the oppresion that Saddam was a mean shiotheaded dictator that killed, raped, tortured, gased, ect. Ok, now they know that the people of Iraq love Saddam and want him bacj cuz he was alot nice than we are. OK, Ill conceed.

Sounds liek a plan. Give the people back Saddam. And LETS GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE AND BACK HOME, CUZ I CAN ALREADY TELL THOSE TROOPS COULD USE A STIFF DRINK!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Skadi, i agree with almost all you said in your last post , but i think that the deaths of so many US and British troops will not allow our respective governments to bring our Soldiers home. As much as i wish that this whole bloody mess hadnt happened, and as much as i wish that our people would come home our governments stubornness and hardheaded attitude to the whole Iraqi situation will not allow that.
As for the UN, they are so incompitent they couldnt get laid in a brothel with a �20/$20 note sticking out of their ear and they would make a worse job than we are, especially once the french got their greasy fingers into Iraq. So on that i agree wholeheartedly with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

As for the UN, they are so incompitent they couldnt get laid in a brothel with a �20/$20 note sticking out of their ear and they would make a worse job than we are, especially once the french got their greasy fingers into Iraq. So on that i agree wholeheartedly with you.

You have just summed up the Un quite nicely.

Youre right unfortunately. Were stuck in Iraq, there gonna keep us there so they can get thier greedy hands on the oil, lick more Israeli boot,, and give the Iraqi Baath remnants and foreign mercs target practice on our troops.

I saw a funny cartoon thats pretty sad in the paper. It showed two US soldiers sitting in a barbed wire bunker, dirty, tired, and a bit paranoid. One soldier says to the other, Wow, I hear the prez went on vacation. The other says, yeah, you know, he needed a break, war is hell.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just want to point out that so called "Iraqi opposition" is and was nothing more than gang of US agents.. and so called "hunted and poor Kurds" are a bunch of blood thirsty gangters that also wage war against Iran, Syria and some former Soviet states.. and what comes the the Shiia.. well these are the people that ARE THE AL-QAEDA.. !!!

So.. US "LIBERATED"

1. Its own agents
2. War crazed Kurds
3. 10 million more potential AL-QAEDA recruits.. the Shiias.. (aka Shiite..)

GO.. Iraqi freedom.. GO!

So the balance of Iraqis must be some what pissed about this.. The Sunnis (50%of population..), Some of the Kurds (10%..) that have had enough of this PKK and other Kurd terr organisations.. and those Shiite (40%..) that think that Bin Laden just should give it up..

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For me this poem sums it up for me, a lot of people find it soft and overly anti war, but for me it sums up the mess we are in. It was written by Wilfred Owen who died in the First War and for me sums up the hopelessness of it all, the waste of life.

What passing-bells for these who die as cattle?
-Only the monstrous anger of the guns.
Only the stuttering rifles' rapid rattle
Can patter out their hasty orisons.
No mockeries now for them; no prayers nor bells;
Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs,-
The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells;
And bugles calling for them from sad shires.

What candles may be held to speed them all?
Not in the hands of boys but in their eyes
Shall shine the holy glimmers of good-byes.
The pallor of girls' brows shall be their pall;
Their flowers the tenderness of patient minds,
And each slow dusk a drawing-down of blinds.

Anyone who finds War Glorious should be made to study this poem and what it means, these words are as relevant now as much as they were relevant 90 years ago.
And for those who say what about the Iraqis? Well perhaps they should read the poem again and they may find some thing there about Iraqis too.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thank you trooper, for sharing that. Finally, some sense. In the end, the little men pay on both sides, Niether will come out any better.

Heres a more contemporary spin on things, from the industrial band Minstry, thier song Hero. Mind you, written long before this conflict.

"Hero Lyrics:They get you ready to fight
The fuse is ready to blow
You shoot to kill on sight
They call you g I joe
You never wanted to stop
The smell of burning flesh
The hero marches alone
Across the highway of death

It�s not a matter of rights
It�s just a matter of war
Don�t have a reason to fight
They never had one before
You�re just a killing machine
He�s come to take you down
We take the gas that we need
And pump the blood on the ground

They�re gonna set you up
So they can take you down
They�re gonna suck you dry
They�ve left the blood to be found
They�re gonna rip you apart
You�re gonna burn at the stake
Cos when it�s time to collect
It�s only heroes who pay"

By Ministry, give credit where credit is due.

Kinda liek yours, except a little more graphic and with an evil voice and screeching driving drumbeats in the bacjground.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Actually the words them selves are good just as a poem even without the music, you are right they are basically the same, along the same lines. And just as thought provoking.

Heres a link to some more of Wilf Owens poetry, they are very good.
www.hcu.ox.ac.uk/jtap/warpoems.htm I would also recommend Rupert Brooke and Siegfreed Sassoon

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by RogueTrooper]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Posting this has made me go into a blitz of headbanging and lip syncing. Youd have to hear it to know what I mean.

All those Iraqi civilians now running around, hatefully looking at the US and British troops as thier new oppresors. Hate brimming. the soldiers are there because they were ordered to go there, and told to occupy, and given bull# reasosn why.

The soldiers will pay the price, because they are the frontmen, the visible ones, and unlike our leaders, dont have bullet proof limos to ride around in. they will continue to get grenades hurled by Iraqis, Iraqis will continue to get shot once the troop lebvel of fear, hatred, and bitterness gets high enough, and well have Vietnam: a never ending round of rounds exchanged, bodies pile up for both sides. And nothing new is learned, nothing new gained.

More misery everywhere. More families anf funerals.

I have often entertained daydreams, of troops and iraqi citzens suddenly waking up and realizing they have all been used, and all together, they turn on the war pigs who started the mess. Would that be nice, redirecting the war efforts into revolt on the scale of the victims?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is war in Iraq..

"U.S. military police officer Brian Pacholski comforts his hometown friend, U.S. military police David Borello, both from Toledo, Ohio, at the entrance of the military base in Balad, about 50 kilometers (30 miles) northwest of Baghdad on Friday. Borello broke down after seeing three Iraqi children who were injured while playing with explosive material. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)"

# happens.. but it seems that some Americans actually have feelings.. even for the "ENEMY"..

BTW RogueTrooper.. why in eatrh did you change your avatar.. the gas mask was COOL..

And a another thing.. i aint anti war or pacifist.. i just oppose US aggressions..

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thats a moving picture Uninen
Yes Americans are living, breathing, feeling human beings just like us.

this Av is a temp one till i find a better one, my old one was making me feel Dizzy

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A little word play:

People from US are just like us..

Funny? ..I dont know..

Btw.. i am by myself allso trying to find new avatar..
Havent had much luck finding one i really like..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join