It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dean tells Cheney not to talk about his mother.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BOSTON - Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean, responding to criticism from the vice president, said he doesn't "care if Dick Cheney likes my mother or not."

The vice president said in a recent interview that Dean was not the type of person to lead a political party and mentioned the chairman's mother.

"I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell," Cheney said in an interview on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

Dean was elected governor of Vermont five times between 1992 and 2000. He ran for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination but closed down his campaign after stumbling in the early primaries.

Dean has recently described the GOP as "pretty much a white, Christian party" and said many Republicans have "never made an honest living." Republican leaders have called on him to apologize, and even some Democrats have distanced themselves from his remarks.

Dean, in Boston on Monday for a fundraiser, told fellow Democrats that the party can win in traditionally Republican states.

after name calling, could there be fist fights and slapping.
in anicase it be interesting to see wat happens, maybe it be like in Taiwan where angry politicians be throwing stuff and spitting and grabbing each other.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OH HE SAID YO MAMA!

It's basically a glorified version of that. It's like they've always said, life/politics are just like highschool.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why aren't there more democrats with a set of balls in that party. That's why I liked Howard Dean. I mean yeah sure he's just another sleazy politician with an agenda but during the campaign he also had the balls to stick it to Bush every chance he got. John Kerry was just a coward who didn't even put up a fight and Bush walked all over him, which just reinforces my belief that Kerry was set up to fail from the start.

edited out crude remark

[edit on 21-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 21-6-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Why aren't there more democrats with a set of balls in that party. That's why I liked Howard Dean.

I tend to agree. I voted for Dean myself. I wished that he hadn't dropped out. He was the only one who didn't seem to be afraid to speak his mind regarding the war, which I think was also on a lot of other people's minds also, who just didn't have the guts to speak out. However, his remarks about the GOP, while you and I and others might say such things and worse, that's different. When one is a governor, he needs to maintain a certain level of comon courtesy, and speak in a more toned-down type of way.

Also, I think the problem of why more Democrats don't speak out like Dean is that sadly, he might be one of the last true members of the "People's Party". It is becoming more and more apparent that the concept of a two party system is more a farce to make the people think that they have a choice in government. I'm inclined to think that there is now really only one party. What an undesirable one it is at that. Scary, radical, unpredictable neo-cons.

edited out edits from previous post

[edit on 22-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

join