It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaida annouces the formation of the Iraqi Suicide Squad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
link

CAIRO, Egypt - Iraq's most feared terror group said Tuesday that it has formed a unit of potential suicide attackers who are exclusively Iraqis, an apparent bid to deflect criticism that most suicide bombers in Iraq are foreigners.

Al-Qaida in Iraq announced the unit in an Internet posting signed by Abu Maysara al-Iraqi, the group's purported spokesman. The statement could not be authenticated, but it appeared on an Islamic Web site known for carrying messages from militant groups.

"In response to God's decree, and the heavy insistence of the (Iraqi) brothers and their longing for paradise, the Ansar platoon from the land of Iraq has been formed," the posting said.

"Dozens hurried to register their names to meet their God," the posting said. It told of one Iraqi youth who had rebuked his leader for failing to give him a suicide assignment, telling him he would complain to God on the Day of Judgment because "you prevented me from meeting my God."

The U.S. military has said foreign fighters are a small percentage — perhaps one in 10 — of the insurgents fighting the U.S. presence in Iraq. They do a disproportionate amount of killing, however, in part because they are more likely to carry out suicide bombings.

wonder why they annoucing this now instead of long time ago, guess they know they losing support because of Iraqis anti foreigner mentallity, they may hate the occupation but they definitely hate these foreign jihadists.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
thats one hell of a link there deltaboy

------------------------------------------------------

...an apparent bid to deflect criticism that most suicide bombers...

criticism?! my oh my that would be quite funny if it wasn't so sick.

They release these statements as if they were some legitimate organisation

[edit on 21/6/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
the link is fixed now thanks to the mod Nygdan. i appreciate on fixing this. i dont know why it sometimes does dat.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Al Quida is supported by the Bush Administration, welcome to insanity.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by PsychevolvedApe]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We should question the criminal decisions of the Bush admin on this war, keeping in mind that the offical Iraqi Suicide Sqaud was non-exisistant before we bombed freedom in Iraq.. Are we not fueling anti-American terrorism?

Oopps, i meant brought, not bombed by the way..

[edit on 22-6-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ah, so basically after dozens and dozens of suicide bombings have already taken place, the majority of which killed their fellow Iraqis, the brilliant minds decide to make a press release.

What a joke.

This is a desperate tactic to renew interest in the group and perhaps improve recruiting. The story about the kid who was mad at not being able to blow himself up was the typical M.O. for murder recruiters.

More of the same, sorry.

Also, note to syntaxer, the majority of victims of these suicide bombers are Iraqi, not American. And the murder squads did exist before America went there, but they weren't wearing masks, they were proud members of the Republican Guard of Iraq.

Same people. Just a bit off to the side instead of mainstream now.

[edit on 6-22-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Also, note to syntaxer, the majority of victims of these suicide bombers are Iraqi, not American. And the murder squads did exist before America went there, but they weren't wearing masks, they were proud members of the Republican Guard of Iraq.

Same people. Just a bit off to the side instead of mainstream now.

[edit on 6-22-2005 by Djarums]

What? How can you compare the Republican Guard to renegade suicidal Terrorists that have formed an organization? That's an assumption, unless you care to provide credible sources? FYI Al-Qaida in Iraq is led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian.

Iraq's most feared terror group said Tuesday that it has formed a unit of potential suicide attackers who are exclusively Iraqis, an apparent bid to deflect criticism that most suicide bombers in Iraq are foreigners.

I'd like to see anything mentioning the Republican Guard as the ones carrying out the suicides..

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok you're right.

The Republican Guard didn't have to kill themselves in the act.

The goals were the same though. Create fear (except in that case at Saddam's orders) by indiscriminately murdering people, be it civilians or otherwise.

In both cases fear was the goal and was accomplished quite well.

You really don't see the similarities?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

wonder why they annoucing this now instead of long time ago,

because? it's a fluid situation there in Iraq
i sorta think the 'street wise' Iraqi already knew that martyr platoons existed

it kinda, just should progress into a brigade or class of indigenous fighters- who would find it acceptable to martyr themselves in jihad...and then to
publicize the 'select' squadron....as a cut above the regular jihadists,
instilling Pride & Honor for those willing to volunteer

i think the other special, nobel, select groups thru time included
Kamikazi...Assassins...Ninja...Anarchists...Samuari...
even Buddhist Monks set themselves afire in peace protests not long ago

one mans' belief is another mans' poison, no-doubt....
& putting a
value judgement on martyrdom, for other than for patriotism,
is one strike against our western Hellenist-Romanist worldview.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The goals and motivations are VERY VERY different.

Republican guard: you get more money, better perks, housing and kickbacks from the thug regime, and you're their muscle. Yeah baathism rules, shiites drool, whatever, what's in it for me?

al-Qaeda: fanatical, suicidal religiously and ideologically motivated.

The difference is like monks versus the mafia.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is not surprising at all. They cannot compete in any type of conventional fighting, so terrorism is all they have. Even the asymmetric terror tactics aren’t very successful against actual troops, so the vast majority of these attacks are against defenseless civilians like little kids and women and men waiting in lines for food and work and such.

They prey on the weak minded and people in desperate situations that have few other options. The cowards then convince them that killing themselves in the name of _________ (insert popular anti USA rhetoric here) is the only way to better themselves. The “leaders” never blow themselves up of course; they would actually need to believe what they preach to do that. Common thugs taking advantage of the oppressed and weak minded to further their own twisted agendas and greed.

It’s actually quite pathetic.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there could be a way for someone other than the bomber to remotely detonate these "belts". Something like a frequency scanner, pulse generator, or the like?

I know, I'm probably reaching for straws here...

I guess it would depend largely on the device itself.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is sad.
You are only given one life and these men decide to waste it by blowing up women and children.
shame

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Al-Qaida in Iraq announced the unit in an Internet posting signed by Abu Maysara al-Iraqi, the group's purported spokesman. The statement could not be authenticated, but it appeared on an Islamic Web site known for carrying messages from militant groups.

Then surely, it must be true right?

After all, it's on the internet and everything!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
This is sad.
You are only given one life and these men decide to waste it by blowing up women and children.
shame

I believe the men who become Jihadi suicidal is directly contributed to their own love lost of their own women and children being blown up by our bombs. When all is lost, you become fanatical. I'm not justifying these horrible acts, I believe suicide in general is a carnal sin. However, our President and his administration declared WAR on ideological terrorism, so officially this is our new enemy America, accept it now, don't sweep it under the rug, because it's breeding and growing day-by-day..

Gotta luv those shiny pipelines running in foreign countries, like NWO bling bling I tell ya..

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Maybe al Qaida found some more Iraqi's with Downs Syndrome to strap explosives to. Sick sons of .........

Just shows you the kind of mentality and EVIL that we're up against. But keep on supporting Saddam and al Qaida, ATS Liberals....

top topics

join