It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this hunny of a crop circle!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

There have really been some good one's lately for those who haven't been keeping up to speed. Now may be the time to brush up on all the new crop art.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow, thats a pretty incredible crop circle. The symmetry is amazing, pretty funny the photographers name is John Dove.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
nice but i dont like the sites assertion that this is a ecological messsage. they're just geometric shapes.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
can you be so sure? how do you know these aren't some sort of communication or celestial road sign so to speak?

who knows what they could be

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I hold the popular belief that these crop circles are really just caused by super-intelligent gophers out there to mess with us. They congregate in the hundreds, and by using certain tools, flatten out the crops. It is so simple really, I don't understand the mystery.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by Megalodon]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorderlineMind
can you be so sure? how do you know these aren't some sort of communication or celestial road sign so to speak?

who knows what they could be

because i dont know. rather than assume and maybe make myself look like a complete moron later for having assumed i am going to err on the side of caution and say at the moment they are geometric shapes.

their guess, yours and mine are as good as any, that doesnt make them true though. does it? nope.

maybe they have a meaning, maybe they dont! maybe some aliens decided to put some more graphiti on our planet to screw with our heads. maybe it was some hoaxers looking to see how many people think it was aliens when it wasnt. maybe these crop circles are warnings of some kind.

we dont know what they are beyond calling them geometric shapes. i hate playing hypotheticals and assume to know what things are when i really dont.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
now, here is the line i am having a problem with from that site.

The wonderful swallow like shapes send a clear ecological message and an inspiration to us all.

they are saying this as if they KNOW what the message is when they do not! if they had said they THINK it could mean this then i wouldnt say anything but other people will read that and simply believe it without question!

much like the face in the smoke from the WTC towers people see our brains are wired to recognize things from shapes. to be honest my first reaction to seeing the crop circle was "woah! angel fish!" but are they really? probably not but that was my first reaction. then i thought about it. i dont know what it really is beyond some shapes. i dont know if there is or isnt a message and i'm not going to assume there is or isnt. i'm keeping my mind open to any and all possiblities but i'm not going to say with any certainty that the crop circle has this or that message behind it when i didnt make the crop cirlce myself. only the person(s) or thing(s) that created it knows for sure at this point.

thats all i'm saying...

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What I'm having trouble to believe is the capacity of a group of humans to do such things.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
What I'm having trouble to believe is the capacity of a group of humans to do such things.

not me, ive seen these things hoaxed before.

i dont believe they're all hoaxes mind you but i have seen them hoaxed before so i know it happens.

some do it just to get a rise out of the locals. others do it because they think its another form of art (which it is i suppose)

they have found things with some crop circles that are unusual....magnetized wheat kernals for example.....you dont get that from hoaxers!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Quite beautiful actually......

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
PrankMonkey

Ok, but doing this must takes a lot of time. How can people not see them? Some really simple or lazy crop circle can be faked, of course. BUt stuff as big as this???
It'd take a big team, lots of time and ressource, etc..
What's their motivation?

I could fake a burned grass circle, and make people believe it's been the landing place of an alien spaceship.
But not stuff as symetric as this... I don't say it's impossible. But it's higly improbale.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
PrankMonkey

Ok, but doing this must takes a lot of time. How can people not see them? Some really simple or lazy crop circle can be faked, of course. BUt stuff as big as this???
It'd take a big team, lots of time and ressource, etc..
What's their motivation?

I could fake a burned grass circle, and make people believe it's been the landing place of an alien spaceship.
But not stuff as symetric as this... I don't say it's impossible. But it's higly improbale.

its not as imporbably as you think, they spend a lot of time planning what they're going to do. they dont just get drunk and go out and randomly pick a field and start stomping on wheat...

they layout the design they want and how big they want it to be. now because these designs are all based on simple geometric shapes they are rather easy to make and when you have enough practice it doesnt take long to do. they do take hours to do, no doubt about that but those who like to yank peoples chain will go out at night and do this. some have been known to do it during the day, those who view it as an art form anyway.

making a circle is rather easy. they put a stake in the ground with a rope tired to it. then they tie the other end of the rope to a 2x4 and walk around in an ever englaring spiral until they get the circle they want. since most of what you see are circles.......now you know why, they are so simple to make! thats how they make this stuff look symetrical. simple concepts applied and viola! a complex looking crop circle that wasnt as hard to make as you think.

their motivation is varied. for some its to give UFO believers a hard time and to mess with their heads, they get a chuckle out of this and i think its childish. others do this just for fun and others do it because its art to them.

but again, i want to say i dont think all are faked, just some.

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i've always believed that every crop circle is done by humans. i don't really get what's so hard to believe about this being done by people. it's just simple geometry.

you don't need a big team and lots of ressources. you just need a good plan of what you are doing. it really doesn't take much to flatten wheat i would think. like prankmonkey said. you just need some rope and some 2x4's.

here is a good site. it's run by some people that do cropcircles i believe. www.circlemakers.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thats a beautiful one, but the title of this thread is definantly one of the funniest i've ever seen on here.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Thats a beautiful one, but the title of this thread is definantly one of the funniest i've ever seen on here.

i have to agree simply because i have seen bigger more complex crop circles...

new topics

top topics

join