It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US war with Iran has already begun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Souljah the U.S. has bases all over the world and if you look at them all you can see that we surround like 20 countries it doesn't mean were going to invade them.

Yes I know.

But once USA had Bases all over Western Europe in case the Ruskies Invaded.

Today USA has bases ALL Over Middle East and Central Asia.

The Balance of Power has shifted, dont you think?

And in the Middle East, there is currenly only one State that stands against USA - yep, thats Iran.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
AMM,

How would you feel were Iran to start doing the reciprocal?

Or Mexico?

If Mexico and Iran were allies, and Iran and the US were to trade positions of military power, AND the US had as it's publically stated policy the complete and total destruction of Mexico, AND the US were trying to produce nuclear weapons, AND America was run by a theocracy whos leaders preached the death of all non muslims, then yes, I would certainly support Irans actions.

As it happens, the situations are reversed.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

How would You feel if a Foreign Military Drone or any other Aircraft Penetrated American Airspace?

If our country had as it's publically stated policy the complete destruction of another country that was their ally I would not blame them.

But this is niether here nor there.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
If our country had as it's publically stated policy the complete destruction of another country that was their ally I would not blame them.

But this is niether here nor there.

So you're saying boundaries and sovereignty don't apply to other countries simply because they're not U.S.A. or allies of the U.S.?

Maybe I should wiretap your house... Violation of boundary is a serious threat to a nation's security.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
So you're saying boundaries and sovereignty don't apply to other countries simply because they're not U.S.A. or allies of the U.S.?

Maybe I should wiretap your house... Violation of boundary is a serious threat to a nation's security.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

Maybe your slow Monica, but my contention was that violating airspace in order to gather intel on an aspiring nuclear power with a publically stated policy of complete and udder destruction of another country isn't such a bad thing.

And I would hope someone would wiretap my house if I had a publically stated goal of killing a bunch of other people.

In fact, you usually get thrown in jail for that.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

And in the Middle East, there is currenly only one State that stands against USA - yep, thats Iran.

Standing in the way of what? We only want Iran to discontinue its nuclear program.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
WESTPOINT:

Why? What difference is it if they use Nuclear power for - power? Energy? Electricity. Aren't we in North America building a bunch of new Nuke reactors for power generation?

It is weapons that the world is nervous about and rightfully so. However, I have to beleive that the looks of it, while agreeing to UN inspections to ensure that the program is being used for power, and meets international standards and spec's, is above board. At anytime that they look like they aren't acting above board, it is a simple matter to turn it into dust before they can do anythign with it...

Seems to me a better plan than hitting without provecation, proof or anything else other than fear based hysteria.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Which simply means that after reading your post, no one will pay attention to anything else you have to say.

Ah i see how NOT agreeing with someone would cause that....i'm so terribly sorry to have a different oppinion then you...

I merly backed up Souljah in his argument. Souljah was trying to make a point here about using a major news source that is certainly comparable in it's journalistic standards to any major american newssources.

Yet you choose to attack me personaly, which is agaisnt ATS policy if i'm not mistaking. YOU could have backed up your attack with something prooving the opposite to me, but yet you choose to just tell me that anything i say after that post will be ignored...

Let me show why i think the US media CANNOT be objective:

"Today, seven (jewish) Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

*Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner
*Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company
*Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd
*Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios
*Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc
*Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric
*Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.
Source: article from Reuters

I ask you, then how can the media in the US be objective AT ALL ?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Standing in the way of what? We only want Iran to discontinue its nuclear program.

Are you 100% Sure thats ALL You want?

Because Your President is not giving me that kind of Feeling.

I belive that he wants to have Permament Influence in the Middle East and so far Syria and Iran are the only ones Left to Conquer.

I wont mention Iraq, because the Bloody War its going on there is just a Warning, what will happen next if Bush invades Iran also.

And remember, Iran is NOT Iraq.

If things Complicated here, you can imagine what Hell will break loose in there....

[edit on 23/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That's not entirely true. About 5 years ago we published in our newspaper a similar Map as Souljah posted earlier with arrows pointing at specific countries. And article was about strategic American interests (economy, military) in this region. Now this was nothing new to us and the whole story was an interesting read based on asumptions and research author made.

But than we received couple of very "emotional" telephone calls from US Embassy.

They were not very happy about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
WP,

Why should Iran discontinue its nuclear program?

Has the US discontinued theirs?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

"Today, seven (jewish) Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

*Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner
*Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company
*Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd
*Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios
*Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc
*Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric
*Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.
Source: article from Reuters

I ask you, then how can the media in the US be objective AT ALL ?

Interesting observation.

A asked myself many times why in majority of Hollywood movies or TV shows are generalising, stereotyping or making fun of blacks, whites, Asian, Latinos, gays, Christian, Hindu, Muslim ... but almost never about the Jews.

I guess I got my answer.

It was interesting watching when some Rabbies went ballistic over movies like Passion of Christ or Kingdom of Heaven. Those movies were quickly labeled anti-semitic.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ok forget all the propaganda its been obvious for a long time we will go to war with Iran, and most likely before Bush is out of office. Even if he does leave before it happens movements and positioning like this just doesnt disapear with the new guy in office.

1. Numerous threats increasing in frequency and tone. From the US to Iran.
(Common Knowledge)

2. Dealings within the UN to position Iran much like Iraq was before that war but with better evidence. (Common Knowledge)

3. Twisting arms of EU nations to keep them from reaching a deal with Iran. (CNN, Time, New York Times, BBC all reported on this)

4. Positioning of military forces to encircle Iran. (Easily gained info)

5. Befriending / paying off any country around Iran that we do not have military assets in. (Paki, Turkm, etc..) (Easily gained info also)

6. Flights by fighters slightly into Iran twice. (Reported by CNN, Time, etc etc..)

7. Possible Spy drone / agent activity in Iran.

Even a blind and deaf mute would know we are going to attack Iran...

I mean if I told you to get rid of your dog or I was going to kill it/you myself, had your neighbors start nagging you about it (EU), had the cops coming by knocking on your door (UN), and then put guns in all their house's (Military Bases). I don't know why.. but a sane person would think something is up.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ya it's quite well known that although a relatively small percentage that jews in the US control a massive portion of influence here.

Any middle class person I have talked to including many I routinely piss off for my views agree with the following.

If it were not for the jewish population here having a large amount of money, influence and power. We would have left Isreal to the wolves long ago.

It has done nothing for us. Snubbed its nose at us every chance it gets, and generally caused us more trouble then even our worst enemies.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
well, if we do invade Iran, maybe we'll get to see all the goodies they've been developing at area 51 and dulce

maybe instead of a ground invasion, they settle on missile strikes on irans nuke program, and shielding isreal.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Maybe your slow Monica, but my contention was that violating airspace in order to gather intel on an aspiring nuclear power with a publically stated policy of complete and udder destruction of another country isn't such a bad thing.

And I would hope someone would wiretap my house if I had a publically stated goal of killing a bunch of other people.

In fact, you usually get thrown in jail for that.

Vintage AMM... resorting to insults. Awesome.

Would you really hope that someone would wiretap your house if you stated a goal of killing? Rethink that statement. No need to answer, just rethink what you said.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey hey don't blame Souljah too much. I'm even more of a danger to the United States Facist loving Government's corrupt agenda. I'm an AMERICAN. And I THINK FOR MYSELF. Oh no, I must be a terrorist, you should throw me in GITMO.

There's something you may not realize about the news article he's referring to.
These are the words of former U. N. weapons inspector and former US Marine intelligence officer Scott Ritter. He has recently written an opinion piece that was published on AlJazeera.net that states, "The reality is that the US war with Iran has already begun. As we speak, American over flights of Iranian soil are taking place, using pilotless drones and other, more sophisticated, capabilities."

Former UN Marine intelligence. I think I would believe him over FOX News, sorry to tell ya. OH NO LOCK ME UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY. Use the Patriot Act on me! Use the Patriot Act on me! I'm using that 1st amendment thing freedom of speech. That's supposed to have been OUTLAWED!

Keep up the good work Souljah
and try not to blame the rest of us too much. Our news corrupts us daily, as well as our history books. It's not their fault, they're brainwashed.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's hilarious how selective people really are about their information sources. It doesn't matter who says it, as long as they like what they say. It's pathetic, but that's how it goes.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice
"The reality is that the US war with Iran has already begun. As we speak, American over flights of Iranian soil are taking place, using pilotless drones and other, more sophisticated, capabilities."

umm wen we had spy planes near China was war already begun? wen we had spy planes in and near the Soviet Union was the war begun? so dont attempt to say drones or spy planes in or near Iran means the war has already begun.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Good one westpoint.

This another pathetic attempt to slander americans by souljah, heck in one thread he said blowing kids to pieces is justified because america is there illegally
That made very little sense to me but i guess im not a savage.

You know as an American, I have never felt slandered by Souljah's posts. Quite the opposite. He may be a bit extreme in his delivery sometimes, yet I agree with the point he yearns to make most if not all the time. Aljazeera is biased just like any other news agency - it doesn't take a moron to figure that one out. The big difference is that alot of the time, Aljazeera will run a story that gets slammed in here because of the source. Then a couple of months later, cnn or fox or some other news agency runs a watered down, spun around version of it. A fraction of the same information packaged in a pile of crap and wrapped in an American flag. Souljah has never said anything negative about the average person. Cut him some slack. If people spent half of their time with constructive conversation around here, then perhaps these threads would actually turn into something constructive. The truth hurts.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join