It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sighting in 1986

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I had a strange sighting a few years back, about 1986 ot 1987. It was about 11 ot 12 PM and I was facing east. I saw what I at first thought was a plane rising from the northeast at an angle of about 30 to 40 degrees. It was moving very slow, that is was caught my attention. Like a ship sink slowly into the sky. As it climbed higher and leveled off I noticed it had hundreds of red dots or lights on it.
My friends and I thought at first that we were under a missle attack. But as it came closer we could see that the red dots were falling off what ever the object was. It reminded me of a smoldering log be hurled slowly through the air, with embers falling off.
Now my friends and I were convinced that we were under an alien invasion. It was traveling from the North to the South, appearing to be heading directly toward a major city some fifty miles away. As it traveled farther to the South I could see what must have been the tail-end of the object. There were three lights that were white/blue and white/green in color, with one of them shifting between the two colors.

Does anyone have any idea what this could have been? Has any heard of or seen an object like this before? Where could I look for more information?

Thanks for your time...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
A flying poka dot jumbo jet? Nah i'm just kidding, i'm not sure what that was but it was probably some military test or something. Maybe they were dropping flares or testing anti missile defense systems.

xu

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

possibly?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sounds like flares from a plane.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It could have been something similar to that picture, xu, but there was no trail following behind it. It was dark and I couldn't make out the shape of the object.
There is an air guard base in the general direction I saw it rising up from, so it is possible that it was something they were up to. It was just so bizarre, I have never seen anything like it before.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
were the white/blue white/green lightes away from eachother??? it could be the tail of the plane that was dropping flares

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
yes, the flares do sound likely in this case.. but how bright where the red dots and were they very small or significantly big?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

top topics

join