It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the next step in fixing our government?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When I was younger, I couldn't even begin to imagine the possibility of the United States no longer being the super power of the world. I seemed to me, through all of the patriotic propaganda that we are all force-fed in school, that the United States was the first nation in all of history to get it right. There wouldn't likely be any reason to change anything about this flawless capitialistic democracy for a very long time. Of course, my mind had not been allowed to think outside of the 'government issued' box that they put me until I graduated from their public school system and for the next 5 years, began to think freely about all of the things that had never did quite add up, and actively pursue the answers to all of the questions that most people seem to never ask. By doing so, it seems that at some point in this gathering of clandestine information, the whole picture begins to present itself a bit more clearly with each new piece of appalling truths.
To make a long story short, it doesn't seem that I meet people that are very pleased with our government or our current state of affairs very often. I know that I certainly don't. To all of these people, my next question is something to the effect of "what are we going to do about it?" Their reply, without fail, is along the lines of "there's nothing you can do." And until the very recent past, I've accepted these ideas without much questioning, but now I'm beginning to reject them.
It seems to me there has got to be an answer that puts this country back in the hands of it's people and starts conducting themselves as though people are more important than money. I could go on and on for hours about all the things that i've read about over the last year or so that have simply left me speechless. I've also noticed that with people that I've asked, most people put up with these problems they have with the government by reminding themselves that it's better than any other country. I have no argument there, but it seems a bit irresponsible to move at a snails-pace in the field of advancing the overall progress of human society because we're so far ahead of the competition. The government simply moves at the speed that it thinks can yield the most money for them (i.e. keeping oil around for as long as they have allows them to make all of the money off of fossil fuels that they possibly can before they are then forced to move forward with the techology that they likely have already discovered).
So, all this being said, what's the next step? It seems when governments begin to act so corrupt and against the actual will of its represented people, the people then have the responsibility to fix the corruption by any means possible. In the past this has been done several time by overthrowing the current govenment and installing a new one. I don't know what should be done now, but I do know that I'm sick of talking about all of the problems that plaque OUR country because it's ran by a bunch of rich, white, christian, conservatives and not by anyone who truly cares about the average majority of this courtry who aren't rich, not all white, and certainly not all christian or conservative.
WHAT DO WE DO NOW???

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Welcome to the educated crowd.

The next step is to educate more people and teach them how to think out of the box. Show them what the founding fathers meant by freedom and show them what we have now. We need many, many more people before the next.

So what is the next step? That would be throwing out all of the present politicians and replacing them with some of us (yes, that means some of us must become politicians). Slowing, we begin to take government back.

Will it happen overnight? No. But we must be patient and do it correctly. It has taken many decades for government to get this bad and it won't be fixed in just a couple of years. I've been involved for 15+ years. I'm not sure I will see a better government in my lifetime. I can only hope to work on making it better for the next generation.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
for my money , I'd fire them all [ vote them out ]

start with a clean slate

it won't happen...besides , what do you do with the quasi governmental agencies with no oversight...they got tons of muscle...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Que? There is a problem? I don't see a problem my situating is quite fine.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
``

i go along with toasted, get a lot of oversight on the oligarch/agencies etc

~~~~~

but, there might be a general 'trickle down effect'
IF we would ammend the constitution to allow other than American Born Citizens to be President
(as in; why not really get Global, instead of just lip-service)

i for one, was under that onus...as i was naturalized, and therefore a 2nd class citizen because whatever my station in life, i could never be 'officially' trusted as a 100% citizen (i.e. Presidential Timber)

~~~~

i really found amusing, that attempt to rein in the PAC monies that were
corrupting/influence? on the political campaigns...
and the cure being worse than the malady->>great thimking there Sen. McCain............(i figure he's one of those who toasted recommended to be outed from office???)

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
the problem now is that 'they' learn from their mistakes. The same bloodlines run rampent in the US government, on both sides of the fence. They help each other get into power, just like you would recommend your cousin for an opening at your work, the difference is, your cousin doesn't need to win a popular vote to get in.
What do you think they talk about at Bohemian grove? the weather?
Do I have to bring up the boiling frog medaphore again?
No longer do they bring about oppression using force and military might, they now use fear, and double speak.
"you need to give up some of your rights in order to be free"

what a crock!!! but people belive it, especially when bombarded with images of falling buildings, and decapitated heads.
What we need to do is fight fire with fire. Education, especially among the elderly, and OFF internet. There is enough info just on this web site to convince the most sceptical, that 'something fishy' is going on. We need to reach people who don't use the internet, who get there news from fox, and who belive the lies.
IMO what you guys really need is a libritarian in office. Now that'll change some stuff belive me. Alex Jones for president!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i want to take part in something in my lifetime. i want to be part of the revolt. we need civil war.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Destroying it

Ya, I dont like to see people die but a Civil War is what Im hearing (HINT HINT)

[edit on 21-6-2005 by The Surrealist]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Bloody Hell Man!
Let red paint the streats!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
are there enough of us out there to make the impact that we need to? how do we convince all of these brainwashed cows out there to quit grazing in pastures of consumerism and stand up for something truly meaningful. it seems as though the time for putting this government back into our hands is nearing. at least, i hope it is.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by koryosborn]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well it's gonna be really tricky. Because when they put two evil Skull & Bones bastards against each other and tell you to vote for one, the situation is not set up to become better (i.e. Bush vs Kerry)

And the fact that there's no real freedom of press anymore, it's very difficult to wake people up.

Maybe we need to all get horses and do it like the old days, go town to town.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

If you've happened to come across me on these boards you know that I'm curious in a little character called 'John Titor'. For those of you that don't know, let me give you a brief rundown.

A few years ago, a guy by the name of 'John Titor' surfaced on the internet claiming that he was a time traveller from the year 2036. Pretty extraordinary claim for anyone, yet he displayed that he has somewhat of an impressive scientific background and backed his story decently (complete with photos, diagrams, and a literal manuscript of statements/predictions that have either come true, been 'misinterpreted', or still waiting to actualize)

Out of the many predictions stated by John Titor, he claimed that the USA will be thrown into a Civil War beginning in 2005.

Earlier this year I had a thread suggesting that the onset of this war may be sparked at the Presidents inaugural speech. While there was civil unrest throughout the country, no Civil war occurred. However, 2005 is no where near complete.

Recently, I've been checking out the predictions of a few popular psychics. I was somewhat stunned to see that Titor's prediction of war in 2005 has correlated with the predictions of popular psychics. This is not a confirmation of an imminent civil war in 2005. But it is damn interesting…

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...
Dont worry I didnt write all this)SUREAL)

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That's already been disproven. Also he predicted the civil war to be 2004 not 2005, he only said 2005 once and he corrected himself saying it was a mistype. Totally fake. Reread the interview

johntitor.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
well, i'm ready to turn john titor's prophecy into reality. certainly, everyone on these boards should feel the same way knowing what they know.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ah, just seing. A miss type... Of coarse

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by koryosborn
well, i'm ready to turn john titor's prophecy into reality. certainly, everyone on these boards should feel the same way knowing what they know.

No one ever got anywere by keeping the truth in there head.
You have to put it into action.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So how will it be? Anarchy with fries or an estableshment of a new government, or will we start worrying about that affter the war.

Civil War occures all the time in other contrys and atleast resistance.
Cut down the bush

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
first we just need to get rid of our government. surely, there's some way to create an actually functioning system of checks and balances where the people have control as opposed to other politicians.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes, the government forgets that they are people.

A more citison based cosiaty would be good.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is this a prediction?

www.pbm.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join