It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony in the raw.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Irony in the raw.

I am watchin CNN today, and theyre having this interview with some soldiers that got to guard Saddam. And theyre chatting about how he likes doritos and hes a neat-freak, and he gives them advice on pickin up women, they even said if it werent for his past, they would really like they guy... hardy har har... ok so does anyone see the irony in this?

The leader, the very reason we went to Iraq (one of them) Is sittin back yukkin it up with guards, munchin doritos...
All the while, 1000's of Iraqi people are being beaten, raped, tortured and humiliated (even killed)

I mean he gets to pick from fruit loops or raisin bran, you know what those other guys get to eat for breakfast? a handful of menstrual blood from lyndie englands hand... (source)

Does anyone find it odd that soldiers could unleash such mistreatment on folks who have done FAR less wrong than Saddam?

Maybe its just me but this seems like the most ironic thing ive seen in awhile. I think our priorities are sooooo f-ed up right now, its sad.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Infamous Zordak9]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They love Saddam, he's not their enemy at all - an excuse yes, but a true enemy, not at all.

Don't forget that Bush even supported offering Saddam exile if he left Iraq and let America roll in. Some believe that happened and the Saddam who's been captured is a double who's playing the part during the trial and conviction just to settle it in the eyes of the public. Putting the real Saddam in a free and open trial would be bad news for America and a lot of other countries who propped and support Saddam at the height of his human rights records.

Wouldn't be surprising if they made up a deal with Saddam so he could re-start somewhere else, America gets Iraq and there's a trial that makes the world think it's all over and done with. Everyone wins (well Saddam and Bush anyway).

There is a bit of creedence to this theory:
1. Saddams wife laughed when she saw the captured Saddam and said that's not her husband but a double.
2. It's proven but still denied officially that the Saddam capture wasn't how it was depicted at all.
3. There were reports of a few black limo's driving up into US hucules (i think that's the plane) at the Baghdad airport at the start of the war, closing the doors and flying out of Iraq.

I don't expect the trial to be anything more than a propaganda routine.

Bush backs Saddam exile plans
February 1 2003

"Mr Bush said he hoped international pressure would convince Saddam to relinquish power. "Should he choose to leave the country, along with a lot of the other henchmen ... we would welcome that, of course."

But Mr Bush said his aim remained to disarm Iraq, regardless of who was the leader.

To sweeten exile, the Bush Administration has delayed any decision on war crimes charges against Saddam, leaving open the possibility that he could avoid a war crimes prosecution similar to former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic."

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have also believed that Saddam might get some kind of deal, but my question is this, why would our own propaganda machine want to show us befriending him, while at the same time torture allegations at gitmo and abu gharib get worse and worse? It doesnt make sense, you would think the american public might like to see saddam getting beaten or forced into crude sex acts? (although he would probably like that)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9
I have also believed that Saddam might get some kind of deal, but my question is this, why would our own propaganda machine want to show us befriending him, while at the same time torture allegations at gitmo and abu gharib get worse and worse? It doesnt make sense, you would think the american public might like to see saddam getting beaten or forced into crude sex acts? (although he would probably like that)

There's another thread going on here about this same topic, more people are in on it so check it out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9
Irony in the raw.

I am watchin CNN today, and theyre having this interview with some soldiers that got to guard Saddam. And theyre chatting about how he likes doritos and hes a neat-freak, and he gives them advice on pickin up women, they even said if it werent for his past, they would really like they guy... hardy har har... ok so does anyone see the irony in this?

The leader, the very reason we went to Iraq (one of them) Is sittin back yukkin it up with guards, munchin doritos...
All the while, 1000's of Iraqi people are being beaten, raped, tortured and humiliated (even killed)

Are you saying this is at the hands of American soldiers?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang04011
Are you saying this is at the hands of American soldiers?

Well obviously... who else? The cast of the muppet show?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Maybe, have the prisoners lick Kermit the Frog to get them high so they start talking about all kinds of stuff. Or Miss Piggy, they aren't allowed to touch a pig, so threaten them with Miss Piggy, that should get them talking!

BTW, the real Saddam isn't caught. He left before he could get captured. He was a dictator, he had a brain, he saw what was coming. It would be like Bush sitting in his office while the smart people in the country unite and take over the country. He would flee, he wouldn't wait for the smart people to come and kick his ass for being a corporation puppet to Cheney and Haliburton, he would leave, fast.

top topics

join