It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about the June 8 Phoenix Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt

Originally posted by jritzmann
And, despite the fact the "dub" might be edited, which I believe would be the case, there would still be enough clarity to establish whats going on.

What exactly would you be looking for in the copy? Blacklevel or vector
scope readings? errors in layering?

With the expected edited section copy you would likely get I would expect
the basic video waveform not to change that much. Especially since a good
hoaxer would expect you to look for such things.

The video was shot with nightshot settings, a vectorscope is not going to give me anything with the chroma and hue saturation because of that alone...the video is altered from the start if you take my meaning. Layering would be the biggest thing to look for, and last right I threw the crap downloadable video on the main computer, and did several stills 5 seconds apart thoughout the video. Then matched the stable elements as best as can be done with the horrible matrixing, and there does appear to be mismatches going on...but I cant tell for sure without a better copy.

I think you give a hoaxer far too much credit of forethought regarding the blacklevels and such. While they may not think twice about that, it's also not that apparent, if the video is a complete re-render. Where is your baseline? There isnt one, if the video is a re-render, it's all re-render.

Now *if* the grain in the "zoom" shows a digitial manpulation zoom, and not a true one, thats a different story. Was that an after edit web example? I dunno, and without a copy to look at, I dont care anymore. I cant fret over it if I'm cut out from examining it. Add that to all the communication I have had with the shooter coming to an abrupt end after pointed questions, couple in with the corrleation of what others say about his behavior, and no video yet in hand...I can draw my own lines.

As one of my mentors told me years ago, "it's the quality of the messenger, not always how good their stuff looks". We cannot deny what kind of element the UFO circus often brings us. The trick is separating them apart from good honest folks.

<< 1   >>

join