It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remotecontrol anything over the web with camview...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hi.

Will it be possible to remotecontrol industrial works over the web in the future?

Will that make it possible to keep industries and developement in the original country?

Will people in different timezones be working over the web so that industries can be on 24/7 and shift work will be a thing of the past??

Will it be possible to develop webcamrobots for gaming?

Will people be able to log in to a webcamrobot with paintballguns for instance and hunt people on an arena in another country?

Can webcamrobots be made small as insects and will it then be able to log in to one over the web and battle against buggs like in starship troopers.

Can you have a webcamrobot at home so that when a firealarm goes of a firefighter can log in to it from another state/country and take a look in the house after 30 seconds and put out the fire?

Can you have a webcamrobot at home so that when a burglaryalarm goes of a police can log in to it from another state/country and take a look in the house after 30 seconds and catch the thief or get an identification?

Can you be in another country and get a phonecall from home where your child tell you that he/she hurt himselfe and will you be able to log in to a webcamrobot and see and control it from your mobile phone?

Can a doctor log in to the webcamrobot and help your child after 30 seconds?

www.roaringsnake.com...

I guess most of it is possible today.

It just needs some financing.

Regards

[edit on 20-6-2005 by magi5]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
webcam-robot..seems kinda far fetched to me i mean if ppl r gonna use a webcam to do there job realy wouldnt be to many talented ppl out there and a robot..eh not to trusty wat if it maufunctions and cant put out that fire?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weevolvedfrommonkies
webcam-robot..seems kinda far fetched to me i mean if ppl r gonna use a webcam to do there job realy wouldnt be to many talented ppl out there and a robot..eh not to trusty wat if it maufunctions and cant put out that fire?

Well the firefighter in the webcamrobot will be there in 30 seconds and will be able to instruct people what to do by mic and speakers in the bot.

When real firefighters is on there way they will have camview from the fire and information from the firefighter in the webcamrobot.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How about remote control guns and hunting.

its already real.

www.live-shot.com...

LIVE-SHOT is a new concept. You can challenge yourself and compare your skills to other members with our on-line target shooting. We have developed a system where you can control a pan/tilt/zoom camera and a firearm to shoot at real targets in real time.

While your membership is active, access the viewing cameras to see how others stack up to your abilities, control the pan/tilt/zoom camera to take a look around, and schedule a reservation for your on-line shooting experience.

Currently, shooters will be able to fire 10 (ten) .22 caliber rounds at paper and silhouette targets. You may also have a DVD recording and/or the paper target from the session shipped as an option. Look for additional, varied shooting systems along with competitions to come online soon.

If exotic big game hunting is of interest to you, contact us at [email protected] for information on scheduling a hunt on our ranch in Texas.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
but still u dont have the fact that wat if the fire is so intense that the people pass out due to smoke inhilation..screw this freakin technology were gettin our selves way to far and we dont need it

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

but still u dont have the fact that wat if the fire is so intense that the people pass out due to smoke inhilation..screw this freakin technology were gettin our selves way to far and we dont need it

What if the webcamrobot is fireproof and can drive around in burning houses looking for people, 30 seconds after the firealarm.
Maybe it can pull people out of burning houses.

Regards Magi

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
STILL DOESNT REGARD THE FACT THAT THE ROBOT CAN HAVE TECNICAL DIFFICULTIES AND MALFUNCTION!! dont get that?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

STILL DOESNT REGARD THE FACT THAT THE ROBOT CAN HAVE TECNICAL DIFFICULTIES AND MALFUNCTION!! dont get that?

If the webcamrobot dont work then the firemen will get there without its help, and everything will work as if the bot wasnt there.

The webcamrobot will work as a complement of todays system.
Not instead of.

Regards Magi

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have now got in contact with a company is Sweden that is interested in building a test arena with some laserdom-webcamrobots.

If everything works out all right we will begin build the arena in a month. I guess it will be up and running in 2-3 months if we are lucky....

I have two audio alternatives.
1. Stereosound from stereomicrophone in every webcamrobot. You will with this system be able to hear from where you get an attack.

2. Monosound, two way, so that you can drive up to another webcamrobot and talk with it over the web. But you wont be able to hear from what direction the sound comes from.

What system would you prefer?
I gues the first stereosystem is to consider becouse the ability to talk, pilot to pilot, can be done with skype or ventrilo and so on. And then every one else cant here the discussion.

I will probably get airsoft tanks and mount laserdomweapons on them.

new topics

top topics

join