It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US out of UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
These people seem to be a growing voice out there in the american heartland, what do you think?
get US out

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If getting out of the U.N. will shut up whiney conservatives when they don't get their way when it comes to killing everybody they want, then I'm all for getting out of it. Everything will remain the same and at least I won't have to read or hear some kill-crazed people complain that other countries won't join in on killing sprees when they want them to.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Although I do not put that much weight these days in the UN they are still an international representation. To not participate would further islolate the US from other countries. It is like running a business, joining the Chamber of Commerce in the town you do business really does nothing but shame if you don't have that little plaque in your lobby.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Even more alarming, the United Nations is beginning to take aim at the God-given rights enjoyed by Americans since our great nation was founded. The right to self defense, use your own property, or even the right to have children may all be trampled if the United Nations is allowed to have the power it seeks.

Oh, the horrors! Our right to have children will be trampled! Why, Kofi Annan and his goons will come in person to devour them right out of our wombs!

I'm sorry, but those people seem intent on using fear to attain their goals. And not a very intelligent fear either.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
While I don't support withdrawal form the UN I would like to see some of the proposed reforms take effect. I think we also should consider reducing our contributions to the UN budget primarily for the UN sake. We pay over 20% of the budget which means we throw our weight around quite alot to the depredation of the UN and certainly don't think John Bolton should represent us at the UN.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

World government through the United Nations is a serious threat to the freedom of all Americans. Imagine being held prisoner in a foreign land and tried in an international court with judges from such countries as Afghanistan, China, or Iraq.

Please. This is not what the UN is about, and the US has shown that it's sovereignty is perfectly intact, what with the iraq war inspite of global opposition and the effectual destruction of the International Court because of US opposition. That page looks like hysteria. No one ever suggested that US citizens be tried in a court governed by 'ferners', or that the Constitution be revoked, or any of that.

new topics

top topics

join