It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Rite masons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i'm looking to go up the scottish right latter, i'm in Michigan and moving to DC in august...should i do it now or wait till i move to DC?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
i'm looking to go up the scottish right latter, i'm in Michigan and moving to DC in august...should i do it now or wait till i move to DC?

Wait until you move. Otherwise you will pay a petition fee, go through the degrees, and then need to pay an affiliation fee when you decide to affiliate yourself to a valley in DC. If you wait, you save yourself the affiliation fee.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Michigan is part of the Northern Jurisdiction.

www.supremecouncil.org...

While the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Maryland fall into the Southern Jurisdiction.

www.srmason-sj.org...

There is some small differences in their respective Rituals, Senrak would probably be able to give you more information on that, and Sebatwerk's point of petitioning and dues is a good point. I would consider long term residency as a guide.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
There is some small differences in their respective Rituals, Senrak would probably be able to give you more information on that, and Sebatwerk's point of petitioning and dues is a good point. I would consider long term residency as a guide.

I think Senrak will reccommend the Southern Jurisdiction much more strongly than the Northern, and I think I would too, but I am a littl biased.

Does the House of the Temple in DC confer degrees? If so, you should wait and take your degrees there, because I am sure they woud be AMAZING degrees.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No advice, just experience.

Have you been Master of your mother Lodge or a blue Lodge? It's very useful to have had this experience prior to a full involvement in other Masonic orders.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I live in D.C., the grand lodge as far as I know doesn't confer degrees. I would recommend Benjamin B French Lodge, Georgetown #15, I'm in the application process currently and so far I am extremely impressed with the lodge and the people.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I live in D.C., the grand lodge as far as I know doesn't confer degrees. I would recommend Benjamin B French Lodge, Georgetown #15, I'm in the application process currently and so far I am extremely impressed with the lodge and the people.

I was actually referring to the Scottish Rite's SJ House of the Temple in Washington DC. This is the building that Akilles is afraid to even go near!

www.srmason-sj.org...

[edit on 20-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
No advice, just experience.

Have you been Master of your mother Lodge or a blue Lodge? It's very useful to have had this experience prior to a full involvement in other Masonic orders.

no i'm the junior decon of my lodge, but that's it. Oh and what are the fees usually? and cant i just stay a memeber of my mother lodge and pay my dues there and attend lodge down in DC without paying extra fees and going threw the same degrees i've already gone through?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

no i'm the junior decon of my lodge, but that's it. Oh and what are the fees usually? and cant i just stay a memeber of my mother lodge and pay my dues there and attend lodge down in DC without paying extra fees and going threw the same degrees i've already gone through?

I thought you wanted to join the Scottish Rite??? If you want to join the Scottish Rite, it is a separate body, an appendant body. There are additional degrees that you must take to join, just like you had to take 3 degrees before you became member of your Blue Lodge.

You would stay member of your Blue Lodge, and also be member of the Scottish Rite temple you choose to join.

The Scottish Rite is a bit more expensive than Blue Lodge. My petition at the Long Beach Scottish Rite Temple was $100, then $30 for annual dues.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

I thought you wanted to join the Scottish Rite??? If you want to join the Scottish Rite, it is a separate body, an appendant body. There are additional degrees that you must take to join, just like you had to take 3 degrees before you became member of your Blue Lodge.

You would stay member of your Blue Lodge, and also be member of the Scottish Rite temple you choose to join.

The Scottish Rite is a bit more expensive than Blue Lodge. My petition at the Long Beach Scottish Rite Temple was $100, then $30 for annual dues.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

AHHH i understand now...i always thought it was the same body just a higher degree...noone really axplaned that to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

AHHH i understand now...i always thought it was the same body just a higher degree...noone really axplaned that to me.

Nooooooo... the Scottish Rite is a different body altogether. They meet in different temples and everything. The degrees are also different, they are not performed like the Craft degrees. They are medieval morality plays, and they have settings, costumes, actors and all that good stuff. It has often times been referred to as the "University of Freemasonry", although MANY would disagree with that statement.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Umwolves123,
ummmmm.....you are aware you are posting this question in a secret societies and conspiracy theories blog?
Maybe someone better lower your "medication" level so you can find your way over to masonicinfo.com

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Umwolves123,
ummmmm.....you are aware you are posting this question in a secret societies and conspiracy theories blog?
Maybe someone better lower your "medication" level so you can find your way over to masonicinfo.com

Ya know, perhaps i wanted oppinions from other masons. did ya ever think of that? or maybe i just wanted to start a post? and who better then to describe a specifiec way then someone whos gone threw it....and if you actually take the time to READ what i wrote it was a question for the oppinions of masons in both the northern and southern jerisdiction.......JERK

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Ya know, perhaps i wanted oppinions from other masons. did ya ever think of that? or maybe i just wanted to start a post? and who better then to describe a specifiec way then someone whos gone threw it....and if you actually take the time to READ what i wrote it was a question for the oppinions of masons in both the northern and southern jerisdiction.......JERK

Don't get mad at MrNECROS. He's had a bone to pick with Freemasons ever since his petition was rejected by his local lodge. He then made up some pretty whacky stories of masons digging through his trash, drugging him and forcing him to watch masoic rituals (funny, considering we dont allow anyone BUT masons to do this), and then the coupe d'etat:

he claimed that masons rigged his toilet to blow up when he flushed it!!!

From what I understand, it had many people here in tears! And he was actually serious! He'll telll you the same thing today! I think several masons actually got a hernia from laughing so hard!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I deleted a few responses that seemed to be more intersted in making fun of other members than talking about the subject. Thread closed too.

new topics

top topics

join