It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No faking female orgasm in scientific research.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AhGLq1KUHF08PaMprDwMcDqs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'A2bm5xNHVjBHNlYwNtcA--

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Women may be able to fool their partners by faking an orgasm but a brain scanner will catch them out every time, a conference heard Monday.

Researchers at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands have used scans to show that different areas of the brain are stimulated during an orgasm but are not activated when a woman fakes it.

"Women can imitate orgasm quite well," Gert Holstege told a fertility meeting Monday. "But there is nothing really happening in the brain."

He and colleagues took brain scans of 13 women and 11 men, aged 19-49 who had volunteered for the study, while they were being sexually stimulated by their partner and during an orgasm and compared them to images of their brains at rest.

"We wanted to know what the brain was doing during orgasm," Holstege said.

When women genuinely achieved an orgasm, areas of the brain involved in fear and emotion were deactivated. Those areas stayed alert however when women were faking it.

The researchers also found that the cortex, which is linked with consciousness, is active during a fake orgasm but not during the real thing.

looks like women cant fake animore thanks to scanning technology
. so if u have sex guys make sure u have the brain scanner on. just to make sure u doin a good job on a woman.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Man, and all this time I had my scanner just sitting around and collecting dust. Could've gotten some use out of it...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sorry to add to the inevitable one liners that are going to become of this thread but:

We can now avoid that difficult and irritating question, "Um... honey... did you... you know..."

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Could you please fix the link?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
When women genuinely achieved an orgasm, areas of the brain involved in fear and emotion were deactivated.

It is true. The only fear is fear itself.
Would it be possible to develop a drug that could deactiveate fear? It seems plauseable!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just goes to show that science knows all.....

Im sure it would be possible to deactivate areas of the brain, perhap not with chemicals, but with direct electric influence. Would be rather interesting military research project...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Just goes to show that science knows all.....

Im sure it would be possible to deactivate areas of the brain, perhap not with chemicals, but with direct electric influence. Would be rather interesting military research project...

Maybe not so much deactivate as to activate/stimulate areas of the brain......EMG research has already begun and due to the varying frequencies the brain is capable of, all you would have to do is create a 'resonance'.........many, many applications........

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, I want to know if girls fake orgasm regularly! Because if they do.. well, that makes me feel like a, a, broken tool.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
Well, I want to know if girls fake orgasm regularly! Because if they do.. well, that makes me feel like a, a, broken tool.

u shouldnt be ashamed if the women u had with are faking it wen u look at the scanner, it means they really care about u and know wat yer reaction would be, so didnt want to hurt yer feelings.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Okay, that makes me feel better.
Thanks deltaboy.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Women who fake orgasms are silly, IMO.

If it didn't work, don't reinforce the behaviour. Show them what you like, don't lie to them.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is probably the only time I can say this:

Thank god for scanners!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You know, there are other ways to know besides a scanner actually but I can't actually state it in this thread. As a female I will say I personally see no need to fake it, what a waste of my time. I would think younger females or inexperienced ones may fake it simply because they are still shy about open communication in the bedroom. It is not unusual for couples to lack communication about sex. Learning to get comfortable with each other moves things along just fine.

And to the guys, don't always be in such a dang hurry. Some girls just learning get intimated by the rush and don't want to sound "dumb" so they don't tell you "hey, what about me!!!". Men have a little responsiblity as well in make your partner feel open enough to tell you what works and what doesn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
To Everyone,

Please try to stay on topic. Lets not turn this thread into a “How To: Sex” column.

This has been a preemptive strike…brought to you by kinglizard…we now return you to your previously scheduled programming…

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Please try to stay on topic. Lets not turn this thread into a “How To: Sex” column.

Man, that's what I was waiting for....
Okay, back to finding out which alien species is going to take us over first.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don't think it will be the aliens that take us over, I think it will be the moderators.

..........runs for cover....

Yeah yeah, scan the brain, it will teach us about alot of things. Glad to see we have time and money for these type of studies.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
I don't think it will be the aliens that take us over, I think it will be the moderators.

..........runs for cover....

J/K I've been dying to use that image.........thanks.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So what is the big deal about a scan that can tell if women are having fake orgasm.

What they are going to do? market the devices for the male species so they can tell when their performance doesn't yield a good result?

This is so laughable is making me cry.

What men do to inflate their egos is just to much for me right now.

Beside when a woman has the right man she doesn't need to fake anything at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Beside when a woman has the right man she doesn't need to fake anything at all.

oooooooo u got us there margy.
, but with a scanner if a woman truly shows her true colors then she is the right one.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I can't think of anything more disingenuous than a fake orgasm. You can't blame men and their egos for this one. No man I have ever known expects a woman to fake an orgasm just for his edification.

Any man worth his salt in the bed should make sure the woman he is with has a real orgasm before he concerns himself with his own gratification. In fact, his primary gratification should be the gratification of his woman. Once he has observed a real orgasm by that woman she will never again be able to fool him, if he's paying attention, which he always should.

Personally, the women I have been with haven't been satisfied with fake orgasms. They want real ones. A woman who can't be honest about her sexual satisfaction, in my opinion, doesn't deserve an orgasm.

<<   2 >>

join