It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Sues Over Guantanamo Beating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A U.S. military policeman who was beaten by fellow MPs during a botched training drill at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, prison for detainees has sued the Pentagon for $15 million, alleging that the incident violated his constitutional rights.

Spc. Sean D. Baker, 38, was assaulted in January 2003 after he volunteered to wear an orange jumpsuit and portray an uncooperative detainee. Baker said the MPs, who were told that he was an unruly detainee who had assaulted an American sergeant, inflicted a beating that resulted in a traumatic brain injury.

Baker, a Gulf War veteran who reenlisted after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, was medically retired in April 2004. He said the assault left him with seizures, blackouts, headaches, insomnia and psychological problems

The Pentagon initially said that Baker's hospitalization following the training incident was not related to the beating. Later, officials conceded that he was treated for injuries suffered when a five-man MP "internal reaction force" choked him, slammed his head several times against a concrete floor and sprayed him with pepper gas.

source:
LA Times

And Another Guantanamo Thread!

Seems to me, that Stories from this Prison Camp never cease to pour out.

This time the Victim was not a Foreign Terrorist Suspect but US Military Policeman.

Well, lets not blame the Marines who beat the Crap out of him, for they were only following orders - but the Officer who told this Policeman to wear an orange jumpsuit and portray an uncooperative detainee.

Well, after all it was "Only a Drill".

Who knows what would happen to him, if it was NOT only a Drill....

"While it is unfortunate that Spc. Baker was injured, the standards of professionalism we expect of our soldiers mandate that our training be as realistic as possible," the spokesman said.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This demonstrates just how blindly brutality is used once it becomes the accepted norm.

It shows just how pointless this torture is.

These people have no idea if Gitmo detainees have any relevant info,
But the fact is if you torture anyone long enough they will tell you anything,
regardless of whether it is true or not.

You can't get blood from a turnip.
Self-righteousness high saddists don't really care though do they?
They are just having fun pounding on people's heads,
including other American's heads.

Most of these guys at Gitmo were sold for $5000 dollars a head.
Impoverished Afghans were selling father-in-laws or drug addicts they could round up, etc who had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda.

Gitmo is the toilet the US is going down.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well if u trying to resist an arrest u expect to get that type of treatment. of course sometimes it can be overblown but sometimes its necessary. depends on the situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
well if u trying to resist an arrest u expect to get that type of treatment. of course sometimes it can be overblown but sometimes its necessary. depends on the situation.

Wouldn't normaly someone overseeing the training exersize be near to stop the MP's from doing what their doing, explaining the innocence of the person in question whenever its going to far?

If that never happend, the question comes to mind "is it normal for MP's to beat someone to near death and into the hospital?"

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
wow, there are tough assignments, and there there are tough assignments to think this poor guy volunteered after 9/11, and now he volunteers for this....

the supervision down there is deplorable, and embarrassing. When the genius who thought of this training idea saw the soldier taking a wicked beating, why didn;t they intervene ? and to specifically say he had assaulted a sgt just to stit up the other mp's is downright sadistic and cruel behavior.......

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

well if u trying to resist an arrest u expect to get that type of treatment.

This Type of Treatment?

He said the assault left him with seizures, blackouts, headaches, insomnia and psychological problems.

Nice.

And Thank God they realized he was really a US Soldier, because he had his uniform below the prison orange jumpsuit.

Or else this Guy would not be Talking and wanting 15 Million USD:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Nice.

And Thank God they realized he was really a US Soldier, because he had his uniform below the prison orange jumpsuit.

Or else this Guy would not be Talking and wanting 15 Million USD:

well for u i believe u may try to bang him with a pillow or throw a teddy bear to prevent him from causing ani danger to guards or property. or have a tea with him, or discuss how to kill infidels more efficient and effective.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

well for u i believe u may try to bang him with a pillow or throw a teddy bear to prevent him from causing ani danger to guards or property. or have a tea with him, or discuss how to kill infidels more efficient and effective.

And For You I expect Nothing less than this:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And For You I expect Nothing less than this:

so hes tide up naked, wats wrong with dat?
. cant Mr. American Taliban trained in the mountains and to terrorize people cant handle being tied up? yer just laying there tied up and sleeping, i see no burn marks or stabbing marks or watever. just layin there first class to U.S. of A. he should be lucky he didnt get burned back at the prison in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

so hes tide up naked, wats wrong with dat?
. cant Mr. American Taliban trained in the mountains and to terrorize people cant handle being tied up? yer just laying there tied up and sleeping, i see no burn marks or stabbing marks or watever.

Dont you see a Humilated Man on the Photo Above?

Well I can certainly find some More Interesting and Bloody Photos, since its not that hard of a Job.

Clearly you did not read mister Rummy's statement below, so let me say that again: "The Geneva Convention makes it Illegal for Prisoners of War to be shown and pictured and humiliated. And its Something that USA does NOT DO!"

Hmmmm - now this guy is clearly Shown, Pictured and Humiliated - ALL IN ONE.

Not Half-Dead. Not Dead yet.

Just this picture is a Violation of Geneva Convention - and where this guy ends up, we will never know.

And he is NOT an American Soldier like the guy from the story of this Thread.

[edit on 20/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just shows what a loser species we are.

We still use some of the same torture techniques they used 10,000 years ago.

I would think that in this day and age using chemicals and psychological illusions would be available and almost certainly be a better method of sorting the threads of truth from the threads of a desperate person telling you whatever they thought you wanted to hear.

Boy we are just an incredibly stupid species.

Get your clubs and bear skin clothes, i feel a collapse of civilization coming on.
Practice grunting too.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
.Boy we are just an incredibly stupid species.

Get your clubs and bear skin clothes, i feel a collapse of civilization coming on.
Practice grunting too.

I know what you mean. All I can hope for is that it is a quick descent.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Boy we are just an incredibly stupid species.

Practice grunting too.

I hear You too, Man.

I think that Mother Nature will "Take Care" of Us in the First Place anyway.

One way or the Other, this "Sickness" Gotta Go!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
funny how souljah never posts anything about the massacres in slovenia,
Hypocrisy at its greatest, souljah.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

What Massacres in Slovenia?

Do you know Something I dont?

What does that have to do with the Current Global Political Situation?

You always try to Divert from the Topic of the Thread by accusing me of Hypochrisy.

Look at Your Own Goverment and then Talk about HYPOCHRISY!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Dont get angry at me your country is filled with murdering savages and dont tell me they arent.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Dont get angry at me your country is filled with murdering savages and dont tell me they arent.

O Yeah Ofcourse!

I forgot about the "Murdering Savages" that roam the Streets and make them very Dangeous at Night.

Thats why we have Special NightWatchers - so that they can Shoot and Kill those Savages.

You Really Crack me Up!

Is that another Story from Fox News or it is based on Your Own Research?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Don't wory souljah. Xphiles is probably angry because some Bosnians (or Serbs) beat up some US navy aholes who thought they own the place (Ljubljana). Twice.

XphilesPhan.
About massacres and murdering savages part. Open a separate thread, backup your claims with evidence and will discuss it. I'm sure it will be quite fun.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Don't wory souljah. Xphiles is probably angry because some Bosnians (or Serbs) beat up some US navy aholes who thought they own the place (Ljubljana). Twice.

That's probably it.

I remember a bunch of US Sailors coming from an Aircraft Carrier few times.

Man, they were Violent and Drunk as Hell!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

If it was part of Yugoslavia, there must have been massacres eh?
Slovenia split relatively easily and without much fighting. There were no massacres in Slovenia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join