It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: CIA Chief: Excellent Idea Where Bin Laden Is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Subz, that's how I understand the situation too.

But Csulli is also right about what the soldiers are facing on the ground. There's probably some Iraqis fighting, Baathists or whatever they're called, but there's also a large number of foreign fighters that are targeting the peaceful Iraqi population. They DO deserve to labelled as terrorists, they're attacking civilians and civilian infrastructure to keep the country de-stabilized. I'm not sure of their motive for that, but it was clear in the elections that the last thing they want is a democratic Iraq under majority rule.

These are the guys that DO deserve to be in places like Gitmo, except IMO the Iraqis should be running the camps, with a large supply of rubber hoses. Let THEM worry about Red Cross, Amnesty, and the Geneva Conventions - violence is the rule of law in that part of the world and the most feared equals the most respected.

Don't get me wrong, if the US or coallition troops are involved in any mistreatment of prisoners, I'm the first to cry foul. WE have chosen to hold ourselves to a different set of rules and standards, we can't change those just because we're in a different playground right now.

The Iraqis are the only ones who can fix this problem now, I think we need to give them the weapons and equipment to clean up these 'terrorists' and turn our backs while they do it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join