It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Win A Trip To Outer Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey I saw this advertisement on TV today telling me I could win a space ship ride to outer scace. And guess who's sponsoring it? 7-Up of course. I don't know how a soda company got involved with aerospace, but I think its cool.
Article describing the contest

I'm definitely going to buy me some 7-Up. Remotely as the chances are, I can't pass up an opportunity to enter. This really makes you wonder how they got all the legal work done so quickly. Its only been a few months since the technology has been proven.

Anyway, this ought to be a huge step for space tourism.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was wondering about how long Space Tourism will actually last for, if it even gets to that point.

If you search for NASA UFO's, it's quiet a common occurance for astronauts to see, comment on and even film UFO's buzzing around and some of the best resources on the proof of UFOs come from Nasa footage and quotes.

Here's a good page: perso.wanadoo.fr...

How will they deal with that if Space Tourism takes off?
Be interesting to see what happens.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Very interesting. I wonder if the SpaceShipOne guys saw anything. They were privately funded, so there's no head honcho telling them to keep quiet.

I think it would raise quiet a few eyebrows if NASA or any other government agency banned private space flights. This technology has already gotten so much press I doubt they can supress it.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Didn't the first civilian to the in space crash or something? Maybe she/he saw a UFO or something bigger so NASA decided to blow up the ship?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't think I want to be the FIRST anything in space...

I still remember what happened to the first civilian teacher....

No thanks.

Once it's been around a few years (civilian space flight), then I'm all for it, but I prefer not to be the guinea pig....

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think they are just going to take you into a low-orbit plane and go back down, giving you a space feeling for a few minutes.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Still that would be one hell of an experience. I don't remember seeing any specifics on the page about altitude. I am imagining it to be nothing greater than the SpaceShipOne. Not that it was bad or anything.

Imagine all the papers you gotta sign before you go up. Haha "If you are attacked by aliens, it is your own responsibility. If you die, we are not at fault. Etc."

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Maybe it's a fly in a U-2 Spy Plane?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Posted on BTS a while back.

It's a gimmick. You won't win, and whoever does win (IF there is a winner) will probably miss the chance anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I heard about this. The Atari X winners are running it with 7UP right....

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I already live in outerspace,

we all do.

Seat belted to my chair, clinging to this ball of rock flying around at 67,000 mph, while i try to type at my puter. Damn life's a challenge!

It would be cool to take a trip out of the confines of the gravity well of Earth though.

But until they have gambling, sex orgies and drug dens in space to enjoy, not much reason to hang around up for more than a couple of days.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by slank]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
It's a gimmick. You won't win, and whoever does win (IF there is a winner) will probably miss the chance anyway.

Yeah I got a feeling your right.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I already live in outerspace,

we all do.

Seat belted to my chair, clinging to this ball of rock flying around at 67,000 mph, while i try to type at my puter. Damn life's a challenge!

It would be cool to take a trip out of the confines of the gravity well of Earth though.

But until they have gambling, sex orgies and drug dens in space to enjoy, not much reason to hang around up for more than a couple of days.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by slank]

I never thought of that. It makes me feel extreme.

top topics

join