It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing went down in Florida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A friend told me he heard that a Boeing cargo plane went down near Ft. Lauderdale. Is this true?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
think so
it was on the bbc news site

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The only recent Ft Lauderdale crash that *I* know of was an old DC-3 a week or so ago. It appears that at least one engine caught fire on take-off and they were forced down into a street. Several people including the two crew members were hurt, none seriously. In a rather amusing note, the street they crashed down on was right outside a hospital.

There WAS a Northwest DC-10 that made an emergency landing in Tehran today however. There was a fire warning light for the cargo hold that lit up, so the captain chose to make an emergency landing in Tehran where they spent seven hours on the ground. It turned out to be a false alarm, and most of the time on the ground apparently was negotiating for fuel. The aircraft eventually continued on to Amsterdam after the stop.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks. I didn't know about the one today. When was the first time that DC flew? It looks pretty old. I was on a DC from Seattle to San Antonio, but I dont' remember the model.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The DC-3 first flew in 1939 or so, but they've been upgraded and modified many times over the years. They're an incredibly reliable and safe airplane. This one apparently had a broken fuel line that caused an engine to catch fire. I don't care what anyone says the DC-3 is a beautiful airplane, and there's nothing anywhere that sounds like one. As soon as you hear one, you KNOW what it is.

I don't know if there was one today yet, but the one blurb I read on the bbc page said that there were passengers on a cargo plane that went down. Generally cargo birds don't carry passengers. Some have been modified I'm sure, but USUALLY you don't see them carry passengers. I couldn't watch their video though because I'm not in the UK.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Is it a Boeing or a McDonald Douglas? Cause I get confuzzled between the 2.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's actually a Douglas. The company started out as the Douglas Aircraft Company, then later became McDonald Douglas after a merge, then Boeing bought them out, and it all became Boeing.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Is this the link you are looking for?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah, that's the DC-3 last week. Sad fate for a beautiful airplane.

Wow. I just read the dumbest cause of a crash I've heard yet! The pilots wanted to have fun so they climbed to 41,000 then suffered a dual flame out, crashed, and died.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Yeah, that's the DC-3 last week. Sad fate for a beautiful airplane.

Wow. I just read the dumbest cause of a crash I've heard yet! The pilots wanted to have fun so they climbed to 41,000 then suffered a dual flame out, crashed, and died.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Interesting idea of fun! What kind of plane?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The crash involved a Bombardier regional jet plane operated by Pinnacle Airlines, an affiliate of Northwest Airlines.

top topics

join