It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Been Clinically Dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Clincally dead for eight minutes. Induced coma for 12 hours. I can remember the coma but nothing of the eight minutes.

Your hips REALLY hurt after they've been held immobile for twelve hours with your feet splayed out. and catheters ain't no fun neither!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing your experiences..
Go to iands.org...
I used to be on their board, but it turned out to be too much $$ for me to handle..
Nderf.org is a much better organization.

Dear one, I write this through tears to read your story.I am so happy you know you son is in a peaceful, loving place..

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I haven't, but it is really a bummer, that from what I have read of NDE's (near death experiences) that sometimes it isn't your time to go. Of course, severe trauma - like being guillotined - precludes this. I suppose God does not want to interfere with the status quo too much that people could survive getting their neck severed, but I guess he/she likes to keep us guessing on the idea of destiny or free-will of humans, huh?

Hopefully when it is all our time to go, some benevolant being says, we don't have to go back and our toils are over, but until then sometimes our creator must be playing with us to reveal some side of reality we haven't seen for a chosen few to tell stories about in the physical world.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Never died before, but I have in my dreams lately, really weird because I though you couldnt do that.

Though when my Dad was in hospital, the guy opposite him died for 3 minutes in an op and he said he saw the light. He was an old man and his family was with him listening to the story as well so I have no doubt.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Incase yur interested the argument of why some people when they die, and are brought back to life but dont see anything is supposedly because its not there time to go. similarly people who do remember something were supposed to die then, but by sheer strength of will power from them and doctors they were renched back into living.

of course this theory has to include some kind of higher being watching over us and our souls etc etc u no, or that we ascend to a higher plane of existence that the people who already have schedual and organise yada yada.....or something like that....

so whatever ya beleev in will obviously dictate the reply.....

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
just have to say, ben91069 you avatar is....
good. lol.

one thing i have wondered is why NDE's never seem to be the same for everyone (that is me reading other peoples accounts)

should they not be all similar, ie what you see?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well I've always thought that when you die, you see what you think heaven should/would look like, but there is not one big heaven where everyone goes. When you have a NDE you see what your mind interprets heaven as.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
When you have a NDE you see what your mind interprets heaven as.

That could very well be it. Do you think that its only random brain activity before it dies, or that it truly is something else though?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think its based on beliefs when you die. you believe your going to go to heaven ...BAM! your there. The only clincher is Karma. If you've done bad , your obiviously not going to go to some dreamland. Your going to be punished weither its in hell, some dark dimension, or being reduced to a lower lifeform. There has to be some drawback for being selfish and self serving.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is the thing......you wil never know until you truly die.......and once you're truly dead, you can't come back to say, YEA!!! heaven rocks!!! or NO!!!! hell sucks ass!!!!

Until we finda way to speak to ghosts or whatever (providin there are ghosts after all) we'll never know.

Its my opinion that the universe and things like death seem veryyyyyy........well thought out.

OR!!!! maybe when you die....you'll wake up in a white padded cell, strapped to a bed, and no matter how much you scream, no one will come to your call.......maybe me talking right now is just you're subconscience trying to tell you the truth......
I love deffy philosophical questionings of reality like that.....

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well CHICKST3R

Hope we aint going anywhere soon

Or if we do i hope its a one way ticket up, or maby a return trip

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have not been clinically dead before, and hope that the only time I am is once I have lived a good life.

I don't believe that heaven is so much a place but more so a feeling when you are dead. When in heaven you just feel happy and content, nothing arround you just happy. There are no huge piles of gold, or mountains of food, because that would just be a materialistic view of hapiness, and shallow one at that. Personally I don't think that is what it takes for a soul to be fully happy and content.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
ive had two close ones, one actual death, one not.......one was a fifteen story freefall in an elevator, and my life flashed before me just as the emergency brake kicked in. wasnt like a movie like in tv, was more like an explosion of feelings and stuff, so i was close, but no cigar there.........the other one im pretty sure i died fer a while (dont know how long though?) was when i was about 13 or 14 and i was huffin aerosols with an ex gf (i know....duh!) we were in a park gettin ripped and the next thing i physicaly realised i was alone and wet from dew in the field, i staggered home, found my gf and she was hysterical cause she said she passed out and woke up to find me out cold and not breathing n stuff with my eyes open and rolled and she freaked out and ran home (as you do wen your 13). she also said she had been back for an hour or so and didnt know what to do and was to scared to go back and see me dead....but i do remember things VIVIDLY that did not take place in the field that night.......although i never saw a light, what i saw was like an endless blackness and a silver figure with a metalic echoey voice that slid half of the blackness aside like a big door, which itself was black, and told me that i didnt belong there, next thing i knew i was lying in the field with nothing but the sound of crickets chirping.....i can still hear than metalic, tinny and echoing, all encompassing voice of what ever it was speaking to me as i type this!........far out that was a long time ago (bout 16 years)..........and IT WAS DEFINATELY NOT TRIPPING, ive fried hard back in the day on numerous subs, and this was sooooo far beyond anything like that, not even meots n stuff........but hey, im still here and kickin so

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
interesting nubby ...

Had a similiar experience at age 13, huffing gas ...
You are mistaken though, it is a 'trip', altho once the NDE began I was as sober as a judge.

I had experimented with gas before this experience and at first this episode took on all of the usual characteristics.

I heard the "birds" approaching from over the trees, out on the horizon.
The rotating(as earth does) or winding sensations began.
The evil little 'keeper' entity made his presence known(in my case he takes on the 'joker' persona).
I was trapped as usual, until the substance would wear off.

I decided to push the envelope and continue on in my wandering quest.
After several more good huffs, the end was near.

I recall standing as a 'giant', my feet planted firmly on an Earth I could visually see, as if from a satelite adjacent to some distant star.
Without a seconds notice gravity seemed to just release me into space.
This was the point of "ascension" , for lack of a better word.

I recall gaining FULL coherent consciousness. Startled by it I ran from the dark garage I was in and as I hit the yard, and the light of day I became aware of a few things.

1. My physical body felt intact but it was no more. When I lifted my hand to block the sudden rush of light it became apparent.

2. I was in the center of what appeared to be a circle of energy best described as lightning in appearance. Imagine a rope lying on the ground creating a circle. Attempts to escape this newfound confinement were futile.

3. There was a 'chord' attached to my being that reached out into the Universe. I sensed it was supplying some sort of nourishment. Or perhaps, my intellect itself. This chord was the same color and nature as the buffer circle mentioned above.

I recall running into my house where I could hear my mother and sisters talking but could not see them. I yelled to grabbed their attention but they were totally unaware of my presence.

I exited the front door and tried my best to understand what was going on. I was pretty much a nervous wreck by this point.

It was there, standing on my front porch practically paralyzed from fear that I was bombarded by thousands maybe millions of emotions and thoughts, emotions and thoughts not necessarily my own.

It was if I was a million different people all at once, yet, no longer even a physical person ...

After watching my sister find my lifeless body and my mother calling 911 I re-entered my body in time to welcome the paramedics who were trying to revive me ...

That's the story. I died and there was nobody there but my father ...

Me and the Universe... nobody else mattered ... I know many people can relate to that ... lol

~peace

edit- speeling

[edit on 26-6-2005 by ShawNee922]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Shawnee huh???? yur dead????

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i dun geddit shawnee?........i had NO physical control of anything, no perception of anything that was me like my body or thoughts, zip. just black and that silver thing.......so you recon i was tripping when i was dead? isnt that an nde? or are nde's just rocket trips ya have when you are physicaly dead? i know i had no breathing or pulse, and was gone by what my ex told me....and like i was sayin, ive had solid soild other worldly trips on 5mots, where i was so far out that i thought id never ever get back, but as you say, in my trips i had (percieved) controls over some things like hand movements and noise making and thought, but the experience i described above was beyond all that. there was no me that i remember, just black and that thing. no thoughts or movement or feelings. how long were you down fer?........

[edit on 26-6-2005 by nubby]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i died once... i was either 8 or 9... i got electrocuted once and i woke up at a hosptial... and some time after i woke up a doctor came to me and said that im luck to b alive... that night my heart stopped working for 2 minutes... i was dead for 2 mins but i didnt see anything

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am 17 now, for two months. 7 months ago, I was hit by a semi (truck) that opened a massive wound on my left leg, right above the knee. I bled for the longest time and ended up on a hospital bed. I was clinically dead for 15 minutes due to what they said was extreme blood loss.

There was a giant tunnel with stone on either side (round) and a bright neon light at the end. At first, I was a little scared even though a soothing voice was telling me to go. The soothing voice eventually won over me, like mind control over my doubts. I lost my ability to think logically and I just became encompassed with it.

I was pulled into the light and felt a huge euphoria. Then, the light shut off and I was surrounded by darkness. I heard an evil laugh and I was inside what looked like the folded fist of a 15 foot long hand with a giant face that resembled a gray alien. I knew then that the kind voice was really just an evil being trying to seduce people into dying. I fought as much as I could and regained my ability to think logically. I really don't know how I managed, but I escaped the grasp and started falling. As I was falling, I could see the 15 foot hand chasing after me, trying to scoop me from mid-air. Evidently, the fall put me back inside my body, 15 minutes later and I was revived.

Death is not a good thing, no matter how good it may feel. That's just a cover. Resist at all costs. It was the scariest thing that I have ever experienced.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When I was born, my umbellical cord was wrapped around my neck, and it had also somehow rotted away and was not connected to my mother for at least 2 weeks before I was born the doctors said, but there was nothing wrong with me. I can't say I remember if I had an NDE or anything from it, though

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nubby
ive had two close ones, one actual death, one not.......one was a fifteen story freefall in an elevator, and my life flashed before me just as the emergency brake kicked in. wasnt like a movie like in tv, was more like an explosion of feelings and stuff, so i was close, but no cigar there.........the other one im pretty sure i died fer a while (dont know how long though?) was when i was about 13 or 14 and i was huffin aerosols with an ex gf (i know....duh!) we were in a park gettin ripped and the next thing i physicaly realised i was alone and wet from dew in the field, i staggered home, found my gf and she was hysterical cause she said she passed out and woke up to find me out cold and not breathing n stuff with my eyes open and rolled and she freaked out and ran home (as you do wen your 13). she also said she had been back for an hour or so and didnt know what to do and was to scared to go back and see me dead....but i do remember things VIVIDLY that did not take place in the field that night.......although i never saw a light, what i saw was like an endless blackness and a silver figure with a metalic echoey voice that slid half of the blackness aside like a big door, which itself was black, and told me that i didnt belong there, next thing i knew i was lying in the field with nothing but the sound of crickets chirping.....i can still hear than metalic, tinny and echoing, all encompassing voice of what ever it was speaking to me as i type this!........far out that was a long time ago (bout 16 years)..........and IT WAS DEFINATELY NOT TRIPPING, ive fried hard back in the day on numerous subs, and this was sooooo far beyond anything like that, not even meots n stuff........but hey, im still here and kickin so

I've done a lot of reading and research on NDEs...and the problem with a lot of accounts is that there are often drugs, whether alchohol, illegal drugs, painkillers, etc involved.

The problem comes in separating what is a real, metaphysical experience, from a chemically altered state of consciousness. There's no good way to do that, since we don't really have a handle yet on what the "pure" experience is, much less without the complicating factor of drugs.

I'm NOT discounting the above account, or anybody's account of an NDE. I'm just pointing out that any type of mind-altering substance or circumstance is going to make the experience hard to scientifically validate.

For this reason, a lot of researchers make a separate category of experiences for drug-related NDEs, so that those factors don't give false statistical evidence in their overall samples.

Just something to keep in mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join