It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't communists our enimies? (Trade with china)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think we should no trade with china, because they are communists.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think we should trade with China, because trade- as opposed to imperial exploitation- has traditionally opened up closed societies to outside influences, and generally improved the economies of the trading nations.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
China in the strictest meaning of the ideology hardly be called communist they have adopted free-market capitalism and in some ways are at the local level adopting a more free political system.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think the US has plenty of enemies and China is one big boy that I would not want to make mad. If we can do business for the sack of business and perhaps keep communications open and friendly, so be it. We don't have the clout anymore to snub our nose.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
True pick up the latest issue of Time magazine its a really interesting read about the Chinese people and what they want out of life. China isn't just some evil nation they are a nation that has been asleep for the past 500yrs and they have ambitions and aspirations that need to be fulfilled and to all the scare mongers around this country saying beware of China I would remind them that not to long ago that the US was the up and comer now we've had our century and personally I hope the 21st century isn't just a Chinese century but at the very least an asian century were a huge percentage of the worlds peopulation are lifted out of poverty into prosperity. China and India as well as the rest of that part of the world have alot to contribue to the world and it's finally going to happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Cownosecat I would like to know what your thoughts on our new cozy relationship with Vietnam is.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Our Wal-mart owns 43% of their economy. If they get shifty, we'll just pull out

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Cownosecat I would like to know what your thoughts on our new cozy relationship with Vietnam is.

That's another topic for another thread. Please stay on topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~

There may be other reasons for not liking Communist countries, like China, but I don't think it's because they are communist.
So, cownosecat, why do you think we should stop trade with China? We don't like their business practices? We don't like their censorship of the Internet? Something other than their politics?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I apologize Don't Tread on Me I thought the topic was Aren't communists are enemies(trade with china) I was obviously under the misconception that China wasn't the only communist nation we could talk about after all isn't Vietnam a communist country and being a communist country wouldn't it fall under the topic headline. Well I guess not, here's an explaination of my previous post I was wondering if the author was singling out China because of China's perceived threat to US geo-political as well as economic dominance and that would the same set of standards apply to a slightly smaller less threatening country but obviously they don't so once again I apologize.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The title is a bit misleading, I suppose. And his first post gives us little direction. Perhaps your comment was not so off topic.
Too bad the author isn't around to help us out here.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
But corporate greed will outstrip national interests and (fake) patriotism any day of the week.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I just found my post. A mod moved it.

Okay to elaborate, we have always held our ideals to others. For example, we want other countries to be democratic. We where at war against russia because they where communists right? I'm not good with history, theres just alot to know and I havn't gotten around to it all.

If we can go to one country and invade it because of our ideals, then we shouldn't go right around and trade with the same ideal.

But why I posted this is because of my lack of knowledge of history. So, if I'm wrong please help.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Our Wal-mart owns 43% of their economy. If they get shifty, we'll just pull out

Shifty?

How America rewards this...

Most Favored Trading Partner

And a medal for good ol' Sellout Sam.

Always Everyday Human Misery.

top topics

join