It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How it all fits together..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was thinking about this possibility over the weekend as I was rearranging my DVD collection. As I looked thru it I had the aliens collection, the 3 predator movies, signs, ID4, and ET. I noticed that with the exception of ET all the movies feature aliens that were either very hostile or showed intent on taking over earth (throw in war of the worlds as well). And it made me wonder, is hollywood in the know? Has hollywood some how become an willing partner in this whole thing? As you notice as the years go by there really isnt any friendly neighborhood aliens anymore just violent thugs being churned out by the hollywood machine. Is this perhaps some way for the mass population to be assimulated to the very real chance that this is what we are heading for? In a way are they "dumming" us up to the reality of cattle being led to the slaughter if you will?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Outside of films like 'ET, The Extraterrestrial,' most movies that feature aliens portray them as hostile. But I don't think that there is a campaign to slowly acclimate people to the reality of malevolent space-aliens. Instead, movies about hostile aliens generally sell more tickets than movies about friendly ET's.

When you start seeing more movies that portray ET's as many abductees view them -- as spiritually apathetic Grey-aliens who treat them as laboratory animals, slaves, and for breeding and dissection -- then one can safely assume that the public is being prepared (officially or unofficially) to what is really going on.

The film, 'Fire In The Sky,' based on a true story, comes close to doing that...

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Of all the people on the Planet, the last to know anything will be those in Hollywood. You cannot keep secrets in that town, and it worships only the almighty dollar.

Art comes from life and then influences it just a little. You can make the arguement that a particular project has sinister motovation but that is about as far as you can reasonably go.

What sells will always determine what Hollywood makes. Think about it, lots of people complain about sequels, they are almost never as good as the first movie but they keep getting made. Why? Because the audience for a sequel is a known, profit will be made. Since any new project no matter who does it is a gamble, sequels outnumber originals on any given day.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yup, It's ALL about the money!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I dont think its entirely about the money 100%. If it was they would stop making pos movies like gigli that bomb in the box offices, but they dont. Perhaps its more of an agreement with just the top studio heads and a choosen few directors that has come down from the highest level of the goverment?
Fire in the sky that was supposed to have taken place in idaho correct? And if I remember correctly its been years since I saw it didnt they show the greys as beings which lived in a very horrid enviorment on the ship? I also forgot about close encounters of the 3rd kind. Were those not greys or grey like creatures?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Agreed, but it's not 100% true either! Have you noticed that most of the movies that are made about Aliens/ET's/UFO's that they aren't similar at all! I think that "they" (Hollywood) are trying to put out all of the possabilities of what CAN come in the future.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHICKST3R
Agreed, but it's not 100% true either! Have you noticed that most of the movies that are made about Aliens/ET's/UFO's that they aren't similar at all! I think that "they" (Hollywood) are trying to put out all of the possabilities of what CAN come in the future.

Good point. Perhaps a dash of disinfo mixed with the truth?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Disinfo? I would think it is mixed with lies and truth..or is that what you meant? Just don't believe everything you read/hear....it's probably mostly lies.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Disinformation was what I meant. But who knows really...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
NO ONE does!!!! That's my point!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
no one has supposedly seen aliens..i mean its all eye wittness and stuff unless one the size of texas crashes in like ohio or sometin and starts to take over..who knows but they may be just like us...but we dont know..so thats how it'll stay until sometin happens

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weevolvedfrommonkies
no one has supposedly seen aliens..i mean its all eye wittness and stuff unless one the size of texas crashes in like ohio or sometin and starts to take over..who knows but they may be just like us...but we dont know..so thats how it'll stay until sometin happens

Er....eyewitness reports would mean that people have seen something generally speaking.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
but some of it ..or most of it can all be discredited in some way ..

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weevolvedfrommonkies
but some of it ..or most of it can all be discredited in some way ..

I suppose so.
Ive always wondered about stuff like this. Take predator for example. Here they have this highly evolved alien hunter and they have thought of every little nuance about its race down to the T. Is this a case of some creative smuck in a backroom somewere pounding out ideas like this OR is there a real race of "predators" who do come to earth to hunt? Perhaps there is and Hollywood has made them imortalized. Maybe even its all part of a nice little deal. We allow them to hunt here and in turn they give us artistic license.
Or I could be just pulling this all out of my butt.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Your question seems much larger that your explanation. I think that their reality is slightly less than taking over our race, ie the planet.

The movies - well there just scifi movies though Mr Harry Bates who wrote 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' was, in my opinion, way above his time on the Alien/UFO Craft subject and I have tried to find His book but Librarys don't have and can't find it elsewhere.

Their here. They have been here for a long while. Bottom line if any of the EBE races wanted to indulge in the take over of planet Earth they would have already..perhaps hundreds of years ago. Then again mayhaps they did through the years by evolving the Human race in steps?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Maybe the movies are just propaganda against the aliens, so that they won't consider "outing" themselves..."for the good of the public" and all that. If I were wanting to "keep the status quo" I don't believe I would want the masses to know. (lol...rhymed

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Dallas...

Sorry if the explanation doesnt really fit the title. But I think you understand what I am saying more or less. I tell you it made more sense when I was standing there looking at my DVDs.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I here yah.
Suppose I'm just trying to expand on your views. Their here and have been for a while is what I was expressing along with perhaps their watching over us.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

I here yah.
Suppose I'm just trying to expand on your views. Their here and have been for a while is what I was expressing along with perhaps their watching over us.

Dallas

I understand and I would not be a bit surprised if that was the case at all. Sadly though the only way we are ever gonna know is if something truly spectacular happens.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You know HollyWood was used to make Magick Wands, i guess there still working it on all you posters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join