It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay coloring assignment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Billybob,
I am inclined to agree that sex should be discrete,

I hope you include hetero hookers that parade up and down the streets trolling for johns 364 days a year.

i would, except that fashion for twelve year olds isn't much different from ho gear. i object to little kids dressing like whores, but my reservations seem to have no effect on the proliferation of young pubises hanging out of jeans, or juvenile plumber's crack challenging the world to NOT look, or young girls with questionable messages on their shirts, like, "no means eat me out first". that particular one is not just offensive, but a massive injury to the hard won women's liberation movement, AND the historical fight to stop abuse by aggressive men.

at least ladies of the evening are that. they do business in rather small districts, at hours when most kids won't see it. they certainly don't do MOCK acts of sex in public.
the gay parade, on the other hand, is during broad daylight. it is RIFE with thrusting genitals and assless chaps, mock acts of gay sex on floats and whatnot.
i'm not offended by sex. i LOVE it. a little too much, maybe
. i wouldn't, however, stick my hand up my girlfriend's skirt if there were children around. nor would i grab her hips from behind and dry hump her. if we were into s&m, i wouldn't spank her in front of children.

Originally posted by slank
As long as you simply object to all garish displays of sexuality i really can't disagree.

One should keep in mind, though, that these people were discriminated against for the particulars of the sex they have, so perhaps mechanistically speaking you have to make it a public issue to get people to curb bigotry.

And because some laws have been used to bodily drag them from their private homes [where they were being discrete] and throw them into jail and open them up to public ridicule & condemnation and criminal prosecution simply for having sex between consenting adults, You almost have to make it some kind of public acknowlegement of the wrongs that have been commited.

it's sad that society was so much less tolerant in the past. in most cultures, it's not a problem. it is accepted as completely normal. it's mostly whitey that's got a problem with it.
it's wrong to make laws telling people how they can touch one another behind closed doors.
it's also wrong for little kids to be exposed to the WHOLE truth of adult relationships, in my opinion.
it most certainly shouldn't be paraded in front of little kids.

i don't mind the drag queens. they're tho glamoureth!
i don't mind the guys holding hands in public. whatever floats yer boat, buddies.
i don't mind that there is a day of celebration. good for them gay boys and girls. you go, girls.
i DO mind kinky sex displays on mainstreets in broad daylight.
it would be no different if it was a hetero parade.
keep it clean, PLEASE, all you homosexuals!

p.s. it's only the men that have offended me. the women tend to wear jeans and a t-shirt

<< 1   >>

join