It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay coloring assignment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
WTF?

Parents of toddlers attending a Geneva, NY nursery school responded in outrage after their children were instructed to draw and color a known symbol of the homosexual agenda: the rainbow. The school has since apologized for the episode and is taking measures to prevent future incidents, including limiting the number of crayons and markers which children can use to color.

whole article

It's satire

[edit on 19-6-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
EDIT: OOPS

[edit on 19/6/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

"That may not be every color in the rainbow but that's really the point," says Dan Parker. "If she has to give up a few colors to fight the homosexual agenda, it's worth it."

Okay.... well, it's your kid. I sure wouldn't want to be fighting the homosexual agenda at that age, muchless know what it is.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ok read the article is it just me or WTF is the problem with kids colouring a rainbow?

At what point is the rainbow a homosexual symbol?
Because some group has adopted it as thier symbol?

You've got to laugh to even think children at that age would even know that some obscure group used it as a symbol. To then as a parent complain about what in nature is a magnificient event, awe inspiring the first time you see it to complain and limit the children so they can not even attempt to copy it on a piece of paper. If this isn't being closed minded don't know what else it could be.

I have 2 children 5 yrs and 7 yrs and am proud of the rainbows they drew ( 1 has pink in it) whilst at school/nursery and i keep them safe in my wardrobe for sentimental reasons.

And can i add the parents where oooo so quick to file a lawsuit. How the hell could they win it? a young child is asked to draw and colour a rainbow they use a colour pink in the making of it and its instantly a gay symbol. You've just got to laugh at the absurdity. The school should of told them to **** ***, I know i would of.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
One of the best forms of humour.

apc

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
LOL
Ahahahaha
Oh man oh man

This one's pretty good too:
FBI to Outsource Agents to India, China

Under pressure to produce more actionable intelligence, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has announced that it plans to layoff many of its agents and outsource their positions to countries including India, China and Vietnam. The move will enable the FBI to hire three times as many agents at a fraction of the wage that they would earn in the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The rainbow used to be a Christian symbol--the rainbow had been a symbol of the covenant between God and Noah after the Flood. The covenant was that God would never again destroy the earth by water. (He's going to do it by fire next time.)

The gays stole it.

One of my uncles wears a rainbow pin because he's a Christian. Another uncle, a real man's man type, got on his case for wearing it. My mother and I had to explain to him that it's really a Christian symbol.

I also remember a time when gay meant happy....

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

I recall reading about history when Christians would tie up homesexuals
and throw them on the bon-fire alive.

I think after a few million murders the Christians kind of gave
up their right to carry around a happy shiny rainbow.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Am I missing something here, it's a Rainbow!!! My kids color rainbows all the time. Every kid in the world colors rainbows. It's not like they colored two lesbians going at it. I really think people need to stop sweating the small stuff and look for larger more interesting agenda's to spend their time on

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Like HowardRoark said.

It's Satire!!! Don't take the article too serious!!! Just as how you shouldn't take landoverbaptists too seriously.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
what in the world? how ridiculous. why shouldn't anyone be able to draw and colour or paint a rainbow? it a beautiful occurance in the sky. so what happened and what was solved. the precious child colors a beautiful rainbow, trying hard to stay in the lines so mom/dad will be proud, goes home shows his mom hoping for the highest of praises (Placement On The Refridgerator) and is traumatized when the outraged parent grabs the drawing and starts yelling and making phone calls to lawyers. what a bunch of cra*! now everytime it rains the poor kid cannot look at the rainbow and not have bad feelings. no wonder our kids are getting messed up mentally.

also how do we know it was christian baptists i didnt see that in the article?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh for petes sake its a frellin rainbow, rainbows dont stand for homosexuality, a flag with rainbow stripes and an upside down triangle with rainbow stripes are the emblems for homosexuality, what is wrong with these people.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Originally posted by Amethyst

I recall reading about history when Christians would tie up homesexuals
and throw them on the bon-fire alive.

I think after a few million murders the Christians kind of gave
up their right to carry around a happy shiny rainbow.

Do you mean Christians or Catholics? Because there is a difference.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You have got to be frigging kidding me. You know a couple of months ago some idiot with too much time on his hands decided that Sponge Bob and Patrick were gay. He was some sort of religious zealot.

Talk about over thinking things.

I am a christian and the rainbow has always meant the promise that God made to Noah. Sorry if you feel that, this is in some way offencive to the gay population. I am in no way trying to do that. I have no problem with gender and personal decisions.

It is this Children are innocent until some slap happy adult comes along and ruins it for them. Let the children have their innocence! For all to soon they will learn the ways of the world we live in.

I have a picture on my refrigerator of a rainbow. We live in the city and because of the height of the homes it is a rare thing to see one. All of the children that come over ask about it and love it. Most of them have never seen one.

Homosexuals did not make rainbows God did.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Only use politically conservative colors,

Black, White and Grey,

All those other colors ARE kinda gay aren't they.

Real men with high testosterone are usually color blind,
So even if youre not, fake it using our carefully chosen color scheme.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That's just weird. It's a good example of how quick Americans are to get very angry very fast...

What's with that?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
don't forget tinky winky and the purple triangle and red purse.

yesterday was pride day. i find it disgusting. i don't care who people do, or what orifice they use. i don't however, want children to have to look at middle aged wrinkled bare arses in full s&m bedroom regalia whipping one another while they march down the street. be gay, fine. celebrate, good, ...lots of bright colours and frilly stuff, fine.
but cover up your arses and keep it clean! gay pride day doesn't have to be gay sex on display day.

this is not satire.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Billybob,
I am inclined to agree that sex should be discrete,

I hope you include hetero hookers that parade up and down the streets trolling for johns 364 days a year.

As long as you simply object to all garish displays of sexuality i really can't disagree.

One should keep in mind, though, that these people were discriminated against for the particulars of the sex they have, so perhaps mechanistically speaking you have to make it a public issue to get people to curb bigotry.

And because some laws have been used to bodily drag them from their private homes [where they were being discrete] and throw them into jail and open them up to public ridicule & condemnation and criminal prosecution simply for having sex between consenting adults, You almost have to make it some kind of public acknowlegement of the wrongs that have been commited.

Public displays help to force the issue into the open.

When barbaric religious beliefs and social bigotry have been removed from laws and the legal system, this kind of excessive behavior will probably be frowned upon because the social & political necessity of it will be gone.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
this is just a joke.......did anybody else notice the add for....'The Snowflake Foundation.....Adopt a frozen embrio???? with a pic. of Sally Struthers no less?
Egads....

It just happens to read SO CLOSELY to a true article that it decieves one into thinking it is a geuine new itam......

.........................just sayin

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

did anybody else notice the add for....'The Snowflake Foundation.....Adopt a frozen embrio???? with a pic. of Sally Struthers no less?

I just about died when I saw that. I thought that she was too busy trying to feed the children in Africa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join