It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director, We Have Some Weak Links in the Search for Osama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"Weak links" in Washington's war on terrorism make it unlikely that Osama bin Laden will be apprehended in the near future, CIA director Porter Goss said in a magazine interview released today, although he has an "excellent idea" of the al-Qaeda leader's whereabouts.

"I have an excellent idea of where (Osama bin Laden) is," Goss told Time in the interview.
But he added: "In the chain that you need to successfully wrap up the war on terror, we have some weak links. And I find that until we strengthen all the links, we're probably not going to be able to bring Mr bin Laden to justice."

www.news.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Article

First of all i personally wouldn't take a magazine interview as the best way to convey an important issue to the people. There's too much time for editing from the time of the interview to the time it goes to print.

That said, i can think of various scenarios about UBL. Here's four...

#1. They have a definite "geographical boundary" of his location, but can't 'get' him.

#2. They have no idea where he is.

#3. He is already in custody.

#4. This statement is an attempt to divert peoples attention from Iraq, and make them focus on a wider picture therefore justifying military deployment and spending in the wider Middle East.

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
IMO they know where bin laden is, along with his butt buddies Ayman al-Zawahri & Mullah Omar, and where they have been hiding all along... Waziristan. Why? Desperate times bring desperate measures: With travel severely limited to avoid detection, terminal paranoia, and a shaky wahabbi/taleban base, these bugs are facing certain extermination and Waziristan offers the best fortified roach motel currently available with A Q Khan nuke know-how(Follow the nuke tech) & ISI/Pakistani army sympathizers and madrassah clerics providing them recon in close-by Islamabad/Rawalpindi while enjoying record heroin proceeds (Follow the money) from Afghanistan for sustenance. Even as one-bullet-from-rogue-nation Pakistan conducts an occasional half-hearted raid there, often encountering 'mysteriously' fierce taleban, Chechen,Uzbek resistance before (capturing?) offering up [insert Al-qaeda small-fry] every now & then to appease us to keep those hundreds of million$ flowing in, our US ambassador to Afghanistan agrees "There is a lot of chance that Mullah Omar and other senior Taliban are in Pakistan.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The CIA should try employing a new tool to their military industrial complex contracts in finding Bin Ladens body. It's pretty simple to use, even by an idiot.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Start with Bush. Then Cheney (a man I once respected), then allow Laura to be the next President - better than Hillary - yes?

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join