It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Britain's Happy Hour ends with 'Martial Law'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by shots
Really? I find that rather odd since it is played world wide and so many religions would be involved. Strange for sure if that is the case.

Read up on celtic and rangers, those 2 are the best examples of religion getting involved..

I tried and found the rangers website but nothing on fights there. Do you perhaps have a link as a starting point? I assume the two teams are either UK or Ireland right?

I did find this link but it was dead unfortunately

www.soccersucks.org/soccer_violence.html

[edit on 6/20/2005 by shots]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I tried and found the rangers website but nothing on fights there. Do you perhaps have a link as a starting point? I assume the two teams are either UK or Ireland right?

I meant look up there history's, in celtic you'll see the conection.
The 2 teams are from glasgow in scotland in the UK.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I meant look up there history's, in celtic you'll see the conection.
The 2 teams are from glasgow in scotland in the UK.

I think your post and my edit crossed and you did not see this link.

Other then that using team names with religion and fight or fights as kw came up with very little. Thks

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I think your post and my edit crossed and you did not see this link.

Other then that using team names with religion and fight or fights as kw came up with very little. Thks

Look up the history....thats all I can think of.
Oh and try the BBC, they should have stuff on english football riots.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
wikipedia is my new god!

Look here : Hooliganism
and here: Celtic/Rangers

shots, the people I was talking about aren't even football fans. Generally in Ireland football fans are great, no violence what-so-ever. It seems to be that on the weekend the ultimate aim of a lot of people is to get as drunk as humanly possible sleep it off by monday, work for the week and do it all again. There is nothing particularly wrong with that, apart from it not being particularly healthy for you or society, but it does seem to cause huge amounts of violence.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
wikipedia is my new god!

Look here : Hooliganism
and here: Celtic/Rangers

Thanks for the links paddy will check them out and get back to ya

[edit on 6/20/2005 by shots]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy

shots, the people I was talking about aren't even football fans.

Ok that explains a lot. I guess what confused me was when you stated they wore Football shirts I assumed they were actual fans. My mistake for sure.

Normally here when one wears a teams shirt they are fans of the team , there are exceptions don't get me wrong, just not the norm here.

I guess it is different over there with the yobs, shame on them. If you gonna wear the shirt play da part I say.

Again thanks for the links they answered some of my questions, but to be honest I was thinking in terms of world football not just the UK and Ireland. I understand they have been fighting for years.

Fans here get into minor fights, but that is just when a fan swears at a team and one of that teams fans does not like it. Other instances would be throwing stuff at other fans when they cheer for their team. Again it happens but it is not the norm.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If you guys/gals in the States want to get an idea of 'yob/Hooliganism' you should rent a British film called ' The Football Factory'.

IMO religion is embedded within football in few instances, very few. More common is the display of man's primitive tribal nature.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's a mixture in some respects between fans and non-fans. I'll try and find an article, but for the last European Cup there were British gangs who organized to go over there and start fights if our teams lost. It's a shame this is what is happening, but in honesty the way I outlined above would help to disolve it.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Would anyone like to wager on when this will hit the U.S.? I saw this one coming and I'm surprised that the forces that may be, are testing it first on the British Empire. "Coming to a local city in the U.S."

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
Would anyone like to wager on when this will hit the U.S.? I saw this one coming and I'm surprised that the forces that may be, are testing it first on the British Empire. "Coming to a local city in the U.S."

While it certainly possible, I doubt it very much. Why You ask? Because our laws are different that is why.

From the sound of some of the replies some have implied that the police officers hands are tied, in the UK. I do not think that is the case here although again it certainly is possible to a certain extent they are, just not as severe.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN......THE FACIST REGIME

didn't Sid Vicious say something like that??

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join