It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Club Gitmo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
www.rushlimbaugh.com...

This is classic Rush! Illustrating obsurdity by being absurd.

I just ordered my T-shirt! Can't wait to get it.

Todays weather forecast:

Club Gitmo: High 87 degrees F.
Baghdad: High 114 degrees F

Today's menu:

Club Gitmo: Orange glazed chicken, fresh fruit roupee, steamed peas with mushrooms, and rice pilaf. Remember MRE's that are good enough for our troops and strictly forbidden.

www.newsmax.com...

Baghdad: Meals Ready to Eat (MRE's) Hungry for some bacon or pork chops? Sorry, even though it is not against YOUR religion it against Islam so it is not allowed.

Prayer time:

Club Gitmo: The usual 5 times daily, don't forget to bring your US issued prayer rug and US issued Koran.

Baghdad: What? You want Uncle Sam to issue you a Bible and allow you to pray 5 times a day? "Get back to work".

Club Gitmo: A tropical retreat from the stress of Jihad!

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Rush left out one difference between the two groups he compared:

1. Gitmo occupants didn't sign up for it.
2. The military did.

If you think it's a good trade to have your freedom taken from you in order to be allowed decent food and the right to observe your religious beliefs - then you not only need to buy your t-shirt, you need to buy a ticket to Gitmo!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Gitmo occupants didn't sign up for it.

On the contrary; I believe that the second you pick up an AK-47, and start taking shots at US troops your name is as good as signed. It's not as if we randomly send these people to gitmo because we don't like their eye color. Most if not all of them (the insurgents) know what the risks of their actions are...

For the minority that have been wrongly detained, I honestly feel bad for them, and the situation they've been put in. Allthough you do have to consider the situations they were in, when they were captured... some of them were at the wrong place, at the wrong time (a situation which is preventable in their case.). Some of them are victims of extortion (by their own people). It's sad really, but I believe if they're innocent they will be vindicated.

Anyhow, to reiterate my point. The second you fund your local insurgent militia (against the US), or the second you "wage jihad" against the US. Your name is as good as signed.

[edit on 6/19/05 by microcosm]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by microcosm
On the contrary; I believe that the second you pick up an AK-47, and start taking shots at US troops your name is as good as signed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that all of the insurgents in iraq are either killed or detained in Iraq at places such as Abu Grahib. The people at Gitmo are people from around the world, who the US have arressted on suspected 'terror' charges, most of them have never picked up an AK-47. My bets is most of them have nothing to do with terrorism either.

It's not as if we randomly send these people to gitmo because we don't like their eye color.

You'd be supprised, oh and its usually their skin colour which is the deciding factor, not the eyes.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Although I like your twist on this news, its been done here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Detainees at Gitmo are alleged unlawful combatants captured in the War on Terrorism. (source)

Unlawful combatant describes a person who engages in combat without fulfilling the conditions that confer lawful combatant status according to the laws of war. (source)

I dunno... maybe I took it to literal? I've been under the impression that detainees at g-mo were found fighting as well. I could very well be wrong.

You'd be supprised, oh and its usually their skin colour which is the deciding factor, not the eyes.

Allthough I realize that this is meant to be a joke (or atleast I hope it is); if skin color was the determining factor on who we detained in the war on terror, we'd have a WHOLE lot more detainees than we do now.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have an idea!

Lets all chip in and buy air tickets for Carseller4 and Rush to Gitmo.

I feel so nice to be able to help people fulfill their dreams.

Heck, that would make even me happy too!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Although I like your twist on this news, its been done here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Agreed. This is the same thread with another name. Let's use the current thread for discussion. Thanks

Gitmo: 5 Star Resort

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join