It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle mangosteen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I live with the chronic pain of Fibromyalgia. The amazing testimonials from people who tried Mangosteen, the latest "cure all" to hit the market, inspired my husband to buy some for me. He has promised me that in as little as two weeks, I'll have significantly less pain. I'm not so sure.

I have tried at least a dozen different natural remedies over the last few years. Nothing's helped. Even the Vicodin my doctor prescribed, only helps by making you not care as much.

Anyway, my Husband is already convinced that this product is everything it claims. So much so he plans to invest in it and become a distributor. Could he be a victim of mind control? I've never known Him to be so gullible.

I hate to let him down, but the five days I've been taking this junk, I've felt horrible. I would welcome even a slight improvement.

Have you or anyone you know tried this product?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This seems to be a fair, objective review of this. Please note that he says the common commercialization method for these "cures" is "network marketing"

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
I live with the chronic pain of Fibromyalgia. The amazing testimonials from people who tried Mangosteen, the latest "cure all" to hit the market, inspired my husband to buy some for me. He has promised me that in as little as two weeks, I'll have significantly less pain. I'm not so sure.

My heart goes out to you. I have a friend who has this, and my daughter suffers from it as well. And no, that doesn't work, any of it.

Some side therapies help (exercise, massage of some types)

Mangosteen is used for treating diarrhea, which I don't believe is your problem. It might also cause blood pressure to rise (see bottom of this page):
www.hort.purdue.edu...

Fibro sufferer forums (like this one) report that any improvement is mostly placebo effect:
www.fibromyalgia.md...

Here's fibro news... I'd check on the reports at www.scholar.google.com... just because I'm a suspicious old bat about early announcements:
www.fmtreatmentnews.com...

Anyway, my Husband is already convinced that this product is everything it claims. So much so he plans to invest in it and become a distributor. Could he be a victim of mind control? I've never known Him to be so gullible.

As Val says, he's been a victim of the MLM industry that's pushing an overpriced fruit drink on us.

Even MLM-ers who are into this thing report that it takes a downline of
25 or more people just to break even (and that's people who will enter your downline, stay in your downline, and will recruit others into their own downline. Not just friends and family who are willing to buy a few bottles of overpriced fruit juice every month.)
mlmgorilla.com...

I could offer a ton of negatives on MLM and on people who have lost thousands of dollars on these things (including, but not limited to, Mangosteen/Xango) and I even know a few personally -- but I'm not sure how much good that would do.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ugh. I had friends who were into that Xango thing. We all avoided them. Folks are trying to dump the stuff on Ebay... but, really... $65.00 for four bottles of juice? And make that BAD tasting juice, too. Ugh! Give me grapefruit juice instead!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I originally started this post as a skeptic regarding the miracles of mangosteen. Now, a month later I have great news for the ailing. It really does help much more then any other product I've ever tried, and there's been a lot. The pain from my fibromyalgia has significantly diminished. It's entirely manageable now and who knows, in time it may disappear entirely. If you too are suffering, please try it for yourself. You have nothing to lose but a few bucks and maybe your pain.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Retailers like Costco are selling it at a much discounted price.

As I often say during a transport "If its working go with it". Im glad that it has helped. We actually tried it with my mother in law and sadly it did not seem to make much of a difference. My only concern with it is that if you read the lable its mostly alot of other fruit juice and very little of the mangosteen in it.

That being said there seems to be enough useage to warrent an actual test of the stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Uh, Hello?

I hate to be skeptical, but can anyone say 'marketing ploy'?

I'm all for people feeling better, and the best prescription for that is clean living and a healthy diet.

With Mangosteen/Xango, you have nothing to lose but a few bucks and your gullibility.

Blatant marketing ploy, next you'll get info on how to become part of the downline. Please prove me wrong.

new topics

top topics

join